M1152

NJ LAWMAKERS ANNOUNCE PLANS TO DESTROY RIGHT TO CARRY

1 hour ago, FXDX said:

All of it will be contested, but some parts of it will likely pass. For example:

1. Level 2 retention holster or thumb break

2. increased training and/or references

3. Fees many increase, but probably under what they are asking.

4. Some sensitive locations will remain, some will be shot down like private property and churches/synagogues/mosques etc.

24 minutes ago, marlintag said:

All of it will be contested, but some parts of it will likely pass. For example:

4. Some sensitive locations will remain, some will be shot down like private property and churches/synagogues/mosques etc.

Who Is going to check holsters on "concealed" weapons?

• Agree 1

32 minutes ago, Mike77 said:

The same people who check your magazines at the range or check your muzzle brake to ensure it’s pinned & welded and ensure their bulbous pinky can’t penetrate the muzzle. I hear the State has hired another 87,000 armed checkers to perform these mundane tasks. 

• Agree 1

6 minutes ago, RichP said:

Lots of good Level 2 IWB holsters out there to choose from.

Yep, I just ordered a Don hume with a thumb break, I have experience with the thumb break holsters and find them rather comfortable. They also tend to hug the body better and print less than some of the kydex options out there. 

53 minutes ago, Mike77 said:

Law Enforcement! Your taking a walk on a sunny day and a cop sees a bulge or print, they have reasonable suspicion to question you and even request to view your carry permit. Once they verify your permit they can question you to verify "holster compliance". It can and will likely happen to us at some point if we carry on a daily basis. Bottom line, get a level 2 holster, doesn't matter if its thumb break or thumb activated.

6 minutes ago, marlintag said:

Yep, I just ordered a Don hume with a thumb break, I have experience with the thumb break holsters and find them rather comfortable. They also tend to hug the body better and print less than some of the kydex options out there. 

I was being somewhat facetious with that remark. Not a fan of all leather holsters as it is; they tend to be "sticky" for me. Open carry, maybe. I definitely don't think that a L2  should be required in a concealed IWB holster.

10 minutes ago, marlintag said:

Law Enforcement! Your taking a walk on a sunny day and a cop sees a bulge or print, they have reasonable suspicion to question you and even request to view your carry permit. Once they verify your permit they can question you to verify "holster compliance". It can and will likely happen to us at some point if we carry on a daily basis. Bottom line, get a level 2 holster, doesn't matter if its thumb break or thumb activated.

That's like a cop pulling every car over to see if they have a driver's license 

10 minutes ago, RichP said:

I was being somewhat facetious with that remark. Not a fan of all leather holsters as it is; they tend to be "sticky" for me. Open carry, maybe. I definitely don't think that a L2  should be required in a concealed IWB holster.

I agree, I think it's ridiculous too, but its going to happen. I recall a couple of months ago when I was taking pistol classes at TTC, the instructor (former special forces/LEO) mentioned to the class that NJ will likely require lvl 2 holsters for conceal carry, I think his words were prophetic. Now, if you don't like leather there are tons of kydex OWB lvl 2 holsters out there, like blackhawk, orpaz, holsters from viper tactical tons of them out there.

43 minutes ago, Mike77 said:

That's like a cop pulling every car over to see if they have a driver's license 

you mean like the spot checks they do on the roads often times? in my area gloucester twp tends to do them on blackwood/clementon rd....

38 minutes ago, marlintag said:

It will be enforced randomly like all the gun laws that are currently in place. I don't like it either, I have to buy yet another holster.....

and here i thought my awesome kydex from tulster was gonna be good to go........

39 minutes ago, marlintag said:

It will be enforced randomly like all the gun laws that are currently in place. I don't like it either, I have to buy yet another holster.....

I dont think it will. Just saying

1 minute ago, 1LtCAP said:

you mean like the spot checks they do on the roads often times? in my area gloucester twp tends to do them on blackwood/clementon rd....

Spot check for a visible inspection, on a vehicle, you are privileged to drive, not constitutionally permitted, is different. 

23 minutes ago, 1LtCAP said:

and here i thought my awesome kydex from tulster was gonna be good to go........

yep...I bought a sidecar 2.0 from trex arms.......:mad:

1 minute ago, marlintag said:

yep...I bought a sidecar 2.0 from trex arms.......:mad:

and i forgot about my we the people holster that's been getting the shiit kicked outta it at home and work as i carry there. that one lets me carry full size concealed, and most importantly....comfortable.

1 hour ago, 1LtCAP said:

and i forgot about my we the people holster that's been getting the shiit kicked outta it at home and work as i carry there. that one lets me carry full size concealed, and most importantly....comfortable.

Bought 3 of them for all 3 of my listed guns (when i finally get the call!) and now wont be able to use em?!  Fkn bullchit....

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Xtors said:

Maybe I am missing something here... don't think I've seen a true Level 2 IWB holster. I can't pull off an OWB under the shirt, at least at 3 o-clock. Anyone have specific examples?

Surely none for any of us that run weapons mounted lights, at least I have not seen one.  The Level 2 requirement, if it passes, is just another defacto ban by the anti gun liberals.  

20 hours ago, marlintag said:

Type of holster?   Is there a state approved method to wear a religious icon around your neck?    gold chain, silver chain, leather strap?  how would the state prefer you wear it.

19 hours ago, RadioGunner said:

Even OLS legal counsel said so. They don’t care. 

So they are knowingly violating the civil rights of hundreds of thousands and they can't be held accountable?     countless public officials have been convicted of this,   Derek Chauvin was convicted of violating someones civil rights, He was a public official

I think its one thing when an unconstitutional law is overturned or an injunction is put in place but to knowingly pass one in my opinion is a crime.

Just as the anti-americans are trying to find every loophole to circumvent the constitution WE should be doing the same to have them charged.   

Did any democrat legislatures/governors in NJ that own guns answer yes to question 28 and FID/CCW permit denied,  Do investigators check their legislative voting records to see if they voted to deny anyone their rights and charge them with making a false statement?

"(28) Are you presently, or have you ever been a member of any organization which advocates or approves the commission of acts of force and violence, either
to overthrow the Government of the United States or of this State, or which seeks to deny others their rights under the Constitution of either the United States or
the State of New Jersey? If yes, list name and address of organization(s)."

• Agree 1

7 minutes ago, revenger said:

So they are knowingly violating the civil rights of hundreds of thousands and they can't be held accountable?

You're not suppose to question this. For the first time, people can get a CCW in NJ.  You should just accept it.

They can now CCW from their front door to their mailbox, and back.  This is a win for gun owners, right?

• Disagree 1

13 minutes ago, BigGuns said:

You're not suppose to question this. For the first time, people can get a CCW in NJ.  You should just accept it.

They can now CCW from their front door to their mailbox, and back.  This is a win for gun owners, right?

we could do that before too

I don't know about that, isn't a mailbox technically government property? So we used to be able to go to the mailbox, now we have to unholster and leave it on the property while we retrieve the mail? If passed, it states a thumb break is permissible, I was planning on gluing a strip of velcro with snaps attached to my current holsters so I should be good to go ( insert sarcasm doohicky here).