M1152

NJ LAWMAKERS ANNOUNCE PLANS TO DESTROY RIGHT TO CARRY

1 hour ago, DirtyDigz said:

They are not in the NJ bill, specifically, that I can find.

However there are several clauses in the NJ Bill that could be applied to houses of worship depending on the facilities/events:

"a school, college, university, or other educational institution and on any school bus;" - bible school

"
  a child care facility or day care center;" - if church is providing child care/day care

"a privately or publicly owned and operated entertainment facility within this State, including but not limited to a theater, stadium, museum, arena, racetrack, or other place where performances, concerts, exhibits, games, or contests are held;" - Performances / Bingo games

In addition to the catch-all "private property".

How are you going to bring your target rifle to school to shoot on the High School Rifle team if you can't take it on the bus?

27 minutes ago, DirtyDigz said:

I listened to the hearing. The head of the retired police association basically said the following " I WHOLEHEARTEDLY AGREE AND SUPPORT EVERYTHING IN THE BILL AS LONG AS I AND OTHER RETIRED POLICE CAN CARRY". For all of you devotees of law enforcement on this forum, I WANT YOU TO SIT QUIETLY FOR A FEW MINUTES AND LET THAT SINK IN....

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, 1LtCAP said:

guess it's done already? says no media found.....

Yes, it was short.  Limited to discussion of bill amendments only.  PBA lobbyist begged for exemptions for retired/off duty LEO, NJ judiciary representative begged for NJ judiciary to be released from PTC process immediately upon bill taking effect.

now here's a question.....if ones application is already submitted when they sign this.......which cost do they hafta pay? the highway robbery price? or the current price?

also.....does any of the organizations already have suits drafted to go against this, seeing as this all flies directly int he face of bruen?

1 minute ago, 1LtCAP said:

does any of the organizations already have suits drafted to go against this, seeing as this all flies directly int he face of bruen?

ANJRPC has stated they will file a suit and seek a TRO immediately after Murphy signs into law.

Lawsuits can't be filed against bills, only once they become law.

17 hours ago, JohnnyB said:

"You may not carry on train

You may not carry on plane 

You may not carry here nor there

You may not carry anywhere.."

s-l500 (1).png

I've never seen that before. :lol:

It'd be funnier if they left out the "A Gun" line and just said carry, people would get it.

1 minute ago, marlintag said:

I listened to the hearing. The head of the retired police association basically said the following " I WHOLEHEARTEDLY AGREE AND SUPPORT EVERYTHING IN THE BILL AS LONG AS I AND OTHER RETIRED POLICE CAN CARRY". For all of you devotees of law enforcement on this forum, I WANT YOU TO SIT QUIETLY FOR A FEW MINUTES AND LET THAT SINK IN....

Yep. But it’s not because that is the actual belief. That is the price of getting these particular lawmakers to change it. Look how the bill’s sponsor said “ so you support the bill” or thanked someone for being on his side when they clearly were not. 
It’s the price they demand. If you watched the prior hearing with the state PBA representative, he did the same thing and was very careful with his words when another lawmaker asked him if retired cops felt betrayed by this law. 

Do you know what didn’t work ? Talking about the constitution with these people.They don’t care. 
While I do want my exemption, we should be thankful that they went “ full ret—-“on their law. Most of it will not survive a court challenge and the case law allowing carry gets cemented in law. 

The link for the audio didn’t work. Do you have another link? 

On 10/22/2022 at 10:54 AM, BigGuns said:

You're not suppose to question this. For the first time, people can get a CCW in NJ.  You should just accept it.

They can now CCW from their front door to their mailbox, and back.  This is a win for gun owners, right?

Ha, your mailbox is generally on the 8 foot setback so not on your property. Before Bruen, couldn’t even get the mail and carry.

• Agree 1

38 minutes ago, Walkinguf61 said:

Yep. But it’s not because that is the actual belief. That is the price of getting these particular lawmakers to change it. Look how the bill’s sponsor said “ so you support the bill” or thanked someone for being on his side when they clearly were not. 
It’s the price they demand. If you watched the prior hearing with the state PBA representative, he did the same thing and was very careful with his words when another lawmaker asked him if retired cops felt betrayed by this law. 

Do you know what didn’t work ? Talking about the constitution with these people.They don’t care. 
While I do want my exemption, we should be thankful that they went “ full ret—-“on their law. Most of it will not survive a court challenge and the case law allowing carry gets cemented in law. 

try this one....

https://www.njleg.state.nj.us/archived-media/2022/AOF-meeting-list/media-player?committee=AOF&agendaDate=2022-10-24-13:00:00&agendaType=M&av=A

My prediction is that the Cancel Carry Bill will be voted on this week and pass. Then it will be up to ANJRPC, the NRA and the FPC to challenge this in court. This is NJ and all logic on firearms possession and carry is rejected. To say that banning citizens who have taken classes, qualified on a range, vetted with three background checks, from carrying in both public and private places is not only wrong it is unconstitutional. To hear both the state and local police associations state that they support this bill is frightening. Concealed carry holders would carry just as responsibly as police would. We are law abiding, peaceable and should not be prejudged as criminals.

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, galapoola said:

Ha, your mailbox is generally on the 8 foot setback so not on your property. Before Bruen, couldn’t even get the mail and carry.

my mailbox is wihin my fenced in yard.

also....if it were on the curb, and we're responsible for the sidewalk in front of our property....should we not be able to carry out there? i mean....isn't it even more ridiculous that i'd have to unholster to go out to do the grass and edging out there?

26 minutes ago, DAHL said:

My prediction is that the Cancel Carry Bill will be voted on this week and pass. Then it will be up to ANJRPC, the NRA and the FPC to challenge this in court. This is NJ and all logic on firearms possession and carry is rejected. To say that banning citizens who have taken classes, qualified on a range, vetted with three background checks, from carrying in both public and private places is not only wrong it is unconstitutional. To hear both the state and local police associations state that they support this bill is frightening. Concealed carry holders would carry just as responsibly as police would. We are law abiding, peaceable and should not be prejudged as criminals.

Not this week, I believe Scott Bach said November or December the latest this past Sunday when he was with Anthony Colandro (gun for hire) podcast.

1 hour ago, Walkinguf61 said:

Because these people are trying to create laws, based on "feelings", not constitutional law. 

40 minutes ago, marlintag said:

Don't worry you will get your exemptions......

It actually looks like it backfired. The active exemption that was added screwed the retirees. Section 24 is a huge problem.

I am curious how this bs interacts with LEOSA. A private individual can exclude LEOSA carriers but the government can’t make them. Can the state require an affirmative permission however? 

30 minutes ago, 1LtCAP said:

i'm listening to the retired trooper beg now.

i'm thiiissssssss close to my blue-line flags coming down.

I told you, listening to that retired troopers' selfish comments had me shaking my head in disbelief. Not in a care in the world for anybody else but themselves....the disregard they have it's shameful......