M1152

NJ LAWMAKERS ANNOUNCE PLANS TO DESTROY RIGHT TO CARRY

14 hours ago, Walkinguf61 said:

Nope. Violation of an individual’s constitutional rights isn’t treason which is a crime against the US government itself .

it's not an individuals rights though. it is the peoples rights as a whole.....but i get your point.

20 minutes ago, 45Doll said:

I surprised myself, and broke my NJ.com page click ban to read this. Second time this week. I'll be on guard.

New Jersey Democrats are under the gun on the Second Amendment | Mulshine - nj.com

I love how they imply that Bruen threw out the entire CCW permit process when it just nuked JN.   

And just so your opinion of NJ.com doesn’t get too high there is this op-ed 

• Agree 1

11 hours ago, 45Doll said:

I surprised myself, and broke my NJ.com page click ban to read this. Second time this week. I'll be on guard.

New Jersey Democrats are under the gun on the Second Amendment | Mulshine - nj.com

I can't wait for the update to the article that address what really happened here.

The news had just broken of the attack on House Speaker Nancy Pelosi’s husband by a lunatic with a hammer.

“This is a prime example of why you need firearms for self-protection,” said Durr. “You can be attacked anywhere.”

• Like 1

Lol. NJ will just outlaw hammers. And prevent you from owning high capacity hammers. No one needs a hammer. Think of the children. 

And nails. 

Oh, and nail guns. And probably hot glue guns. 

• Haha 1

“The decision by the U.S. Supreme Court earlier this year stripped away the right for states to regulate who is able to carry concealed weapons in public,”

that statement is patently false. the states never really had that right constitutionally. or shouldn't have anyway.

• Agree 2

4 minutes ago, 1LtCAP said:

“The decision by the U.S. Supreme Court earlier this year stripped away the right for states to regulate who is able to carry concealed weapons in public,”

that statement is patently false. the states never really had that right constitutionally. or shouldn't have anyway.

It should read "stripped away the state's ability to restrict a citizen's constitutional right to carry a firearm"

• Agree 1

Of course that's their plan. They have no respect for you, only contempt, because they know you don't have the sack to do what is necessary to put them in their place. They'll shit all over you because they know that all you'll do is moan and roar and shit on the floor. Most of these people, in or out of office, on the state level don't have any sort of armed security. They can be dealt with as roughly as one might choose. I know this will not play well with most of the pussies here, you'd rather whine than act, so tough.

• Disagree 1

2 hours ago, NickySantoro said:

Of course that's their plan. They have no respect for you, only contempt, because they know you don't have the sack to do what is necessary to put them in their place. They'll shit all over you because they know that all you'll do is moan and roar and shit on the floor. Most of these people, in or out of office, on the state level don't have any sort of armed security. They can be dealt with as roughly as one might choose. I know this will not play well with most of the pussies here, you'd rather whine than act, so tough.

It's very hard  to break condition most still believe  the government and their enforcers are their friends and here to protect and help them. They believe that they could change their lot if they vote harder or better next time. They believe  the military are sent out in the world to protect freedom and democracy and most of all they believe we are all equal. You can't blame them this is what we were taught this from young, and it's very hard to see the reality.  They also have work very hard to keep up the illusion , from social media to threat of force for speaking out. That said...

Life is way to comfortable for all to risk anything of that magnitude. It'd been that way throughout the history of mankind, keep the populace fed and in fear and they'll stay in line

• FacePalm 1

On 10/31/2022 at 7:50 PM, Ferris said:

It's very hard  to break condition most still believe  the government and their enforcers are their friends and here to protect and help them. They believe that they could change their lot if they vote harder or better next time. They believe  the military are sent out in the world to protect freedom and democracy and most of all they believe we are all equal. You can't blame them this is what we were taught this from young, and it's very hard to see the reality.  They also have work very hard to keep up the illusion , from social media to threat of force for speaking out. That said...

Life is way to comfortable for all to risk anything of that magnitude. It'd been that way throughout the history of mankind, keep the populace fed and in fear and they'll stay in line

They don’t believe that. They have contempt for police officers too but see a political/practical need for some. Despite the false platitudes to the state PBA who was kneeling before the alter to get some provisions - screwing the retirees in the process. One of the lawmakers made a distinction that said it all. She harped on that a retiree had no obligation to intercede in an incident on the behalf of others as if retired cops don’t have a big track record of doing so— it’s a habit that just kicks in. It was the death of a retired cop who did such that got retired cops in NJ carry privileges ( I use the word privileges because it was pre Heller and it’s how NJ treats it).

These lawmakers tend to live in rich Pollyanna areas that crime has not reached . They don’t understand the vulnerability of many people who don’t live in such environments. 

32 minutes ago, samiam said:

Why not wait and see if the idiots would really pass something as blatantly unenforceable as the original bill?

Yeah, not sure what the strategy was, but I believe ANJRPC/Schmutter did consider that and had a reason to announce when they did.

Theres another “gotcha” in the bill that I haven’t seen mentioned in public yet, they may be holding onto that one.

9 hours ago, samiam said:

I guess this issue made for good PR for ANJRPC, but was it a productive use of resources? Why not wait and see if the idiots would really pass something as blatantly unenforceable as the original bill? That would have made them laughing stocks to an even wider audience, and potentially could have made challenges to the law trivial. 

After listening to the GFH’s latest post with Scott Bach’s testimony I think it fair to say metaphorically speaking of course this is the hill to die on for the NJ Dems. They are clearly all-in and have no plans on backing down. With Property Taxes and out of control state spending, crime plus all the damage they did with the lock-downs and vax mandates and now they are all-in with this? It just makes no sense.  I’m just glad Scott Bach and Dan Schmutterour are on our side of the football instead of Nia Gill and Joseph Danielsen. The problem here is as always is that it takes longer to undo the damage they do than it does for them to create it.

• Agree 1

8 hours ago, DirtyDigz said:

Theres another “gotcha” in the bill that I haven’t seen mentioned in public yet, they may be holding onto that one.

2 minutes ago, Walkinguf61 said:

I found something in the bill too that I won’t post in a public forum. 

Stop with all the cliff hanging suspense! 

It should be noted that the cancel carry bill idea is not dead. It will be re-introduced for a vote within a few months or sooner. The question becomes how soon can it be challenged and struck down in the courts?

2 minutes ago, DAHL said:

It should be noted that the cancel carry bill idea is not dead. It will be re-introduced for a vote within a few months or sooner. The question becomes how soon can it be challenged and struck down in the courts?

It can't be challenged in NJ until it is enacted. That said, the challenges to the NY bans will help pre-empt ours. 

• Agree 1