M1152

NJ LAWMAKERS ANNOUNCE PLANS TO DESTROY RIGHT TO CARRY

34 minutes ago, M1152 said:

Their fear is unfounded!  The criminal element from those cities won't apply for a CCW!  99% have criminal records that would stop them!  The politicians know that as well as we do.  They are using that supposed fear to stop US!

• Agree 1

6 hours ago, JohnnyB said:

Their fear is unfounded!  The criminal element from those cities won't apply for a CCW!  99% have criminal records that would stop them!  The politicians know that as well as we do.  They are using that supposed fear to stop US!

Mr Colandro has been making the point as long as I’ve been listening to his GFH program that there is in fact a ruling class & tier system.  The “no guns for minorities” audio further reinforces the point.

• Agree 1

8 hours ago, JohnnyB said:

Exactly. This doofus thinks carjackers etc. will apply for permits? LOL The stupidity of these Democrats is beyond belief.

• Agree 2

We have a legislature here in NJ that supports the second amendment but only for THEM and not for you. I predict the cancel carry bill will go to the legislature, pass both houses and be signed into law by Czar Murphy. The solution will lie with the courts and we should hope that the court issues a permanent injunction based upon the Bruen ruling and the laws unconstitutional statement.

NJ2AS’s Alex Roubian use to do pretty good opposition research on these lawmakers. Roubian was kind of the original Project Veritas & James O'Keefe of NJ. He could probably make Danielsen at his no-show job famous with a bunch more of lawmakers. Too bad we haven’t heard much from NJ2AS,  I hope Alex is doing OK...

Check out the quotes in the press release:

https://www.insidernj.com/press-release/assembly-speaker-coughlin-senate-president-scutari-respond-to-law-enforcement-support-of-commonsense-gun-safety-legislation/

The legislator's quotes are as expected, but I was galled to see the NJ PBA-type orgs falling over themselves to praise that they got thrown a bone, while throwing NJ citizens under the bus

“I would like to thank legislative leadership for agreeing to over 20 amendments at our request over the last several weeks to get this bill to a better place.  Although we would like to have seen a few more changes, this bill respects the training, qualifications and tremendous experience our retirees deserve.  They will remain an important component in keeping the residents and visitors of New Jersey safe and secure.” Patrick Colligan, President of the New Jersey State Policemen’s Benevolent Association

“We recognize the commitment of the legislative leadership to make New Jersey a leader in safe compliance with the recent Supreme Court decision.  We are pleased that this legislation will not comprise the Rights and obligations of active and qualified retired law enforcement officers.  As this bill is implemented, both the STFA and legislative leadership stand committed to making improvements along the way.” Wayne Blanchard, President of the State Troopers Fraternal Association

“The leadership of the FTA would like to thank the legislative leadership for preserving the Rights of qualified retired law enforcement officers.  Our members served honorably and are highly trained and qualified to handle firearms and should not have any restrictions burdening them.” George Wren, President of the Former Troopers Association

“The NJ State Troopers NCO Association is appreciative of the legislative leadership’s willingness to support the importance of maintaining the ability of qualified active and retired law enforcement officials to carry hand guns.  Acknowledging our concerns voiced for the responsibilities of active and retired law enforcement officers is essential for compliance with current case law.  We look forward to working with the state and other law enforcement officials to effectively implement other changes as needed.” Dan Oliveira, President, NCO Association of New Jersey

It's amazing isn't it?  The police are simultaneously both so oppressive that we have serious legislative considerations to barring their mere presence at polling places, but yet so protective that they are the only ones who can get exceptions to what is a blanket ban on carry for everyone else. 

Apparently the level of training that police receive in firearms is simply unreachable for "civilians".

On 11/15/2022 at 11:46 AM, M1152 said:

NJ2AS’s Alex Roubian use to do pretty good opposition research on these lawmakers. Roubian was kind of the original Project Veritas & James O'Keefe of NJ. He could probably make Danielsen at his no-show job famous with a bunch more of lawmakers. Too bad we haven’t heard much from NJ2AS,  I hope Alex is doing OK...

Alex is OK. He shows up at the state house occasionally and I’ve spoken to him within the past month. I’m a member of NJ2AS, and I was a member going back to the Fiamingo days.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, DirtyDigz said:

Check out the quotes in the press release:

https://www.insidernj.com/press-release/assembly-speaker-coughlin-senate-president-scutari-respond-to-law-enforcement-support-of-commonsense-gun-safety-legislation/

The legislator's quotes are as expected, but I was galled to see the NJ PBA-type orgs falling over themselves to praise that they got thrown a bone, while throwing NJ citizens under the bus

It's amazing isn't it?  The police are simultaneously both so oppressive that we have serious legislative considerations to barring their mere presence at polling places, but yet so protective that they are the only ones who can get exceptions to what is a blanket ban on carry for everyone else. 

Apparently the level of training that police receive in firearms is simply unreachable for "civilians".

Remember that only state troopers associations were heard from. They are only a small part of the LEO community and the majority of troopers don’t handle urban type policing. 
And if you saw the committee hearings and how the representative for the state trooper PBA was kissing Dalinson’s butt even when they disagreed about holsters , you would know that he was trying to get an exception for his members and left the retirees in the cold ( I don’t think it was on purpose) when the 3rd revision came out . 
The most recent printing appears to address some of the retiree concerns( not entirely) .

They made a deal with the devil for their members but that is their job. They would be remiss to not give their members that exception . It’s no different than if you hired a lawyer . Their job would be to represent their client above all else. And these lawmakers don’t give a damn what cops think beyond lip service. Just how the so called retiree exception was made in the 2nd and 3rd revision says it all. Especially when the lawmaker was stressing in her questioning that retirees have no legal obligation to act eventhough time and time again, retirees have acted ( CCW tend to act too)

3 hours ago, Walkinguf61 said:

The 2nd circuit just took off the TRO on the NY law depending the case and appeal. This is actually good for NJ. 

The NY will be going to the 2nd circuit and then SCOTUS. It’s just a matter of time . And they all know they will be slapped down. 

How do you figure it's good for NJ?  The NJ bill will be passed, and if there's a TRO that gets removed by the 3rd circuit, I think that's terrible for us.  Yes, it's "just a matter of time", but it took 15 years to get from Heller to Bruen.

58 minutes ago, Fawkesguy said:

How do you figure it's good for NJ?  The NJ bill will be passed, and if there's a TRO that gets removed by the 3rd circuit, I think that's terrible for us.  Yes, it's "just a matter of time", but it took 15 years to get from Heller to Bruen.

Because Thomas already gave you ALL the tools you need with the Bruen decision. 

1 hour ago, Fawkesguy said:

Good for NJ. Not for New York. These lawmakers were not going to respect a New York decision anyway. New York is almost year ahead of NJ with law and initial challenges. That’s a year quicker than any NJ challenge to the law. New York also has more than one federal district covering it. Any of the district judges hearing the challenge can put a TRO on it. A judge in a different district already put a different TRO on a different part of NY’s law in reference to places of worship. More court cases are to be heard before the 2nd circuit hears it. The 2nd circuit already established case law on the 10 round magazine and only seven rounds in a 10 round magazine.

When it SCOTUS, it will be smacked down unless the court makeup changes. 
Meanwhile a 3rd circuit ( district ) federal judge can smack it down all on his own in the meantime.