M1152

NJ LAWMAKERS ANNOUNCE PLANS TO DESTROY RIGHT TO CARRY

1 hour ago, LiveWire said:

Every time I email all my assemblymen/legislators/senators  Comcast/Xfinity locks my email account and forces me to change my password because my account has been compromised (so they say).  I even tried not doing a mass email, but send to a few at a time. Calling them on the phone (Comcast) is like talking to a rock. Anyone else have this problem?

Russian hacking.

1 hour ago, LiveWire said:

Every time I email all my assemblymen/legislators/senators  Comcast/Xfinity locks my email account and forces me to change my password because my account has been compromised (so they say).  I even tried not doing a mass email, but send to a few at a time. Calling them on the phone (Comcast) is like talking to a rock. Anyone else have this problem?

Comcrap Blows....I have them for internet, and that's it, but rarely use my comcast email. it's more spam than anything anymore.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, kc17 said:

Don't have Comcast, but I agree, it's probably blocking you based on the number of addressees. I use gmail and do not have a problem. Alternatively, you could try to break it up into multiple emails. 

That's it. Microsoft hosted Exchange blocked my first attempt to send emails to 130+ recipients. Since I pay for and administer their hosting, I had to adjust and confirm the number of emails I would legitimately be expected to send. After that adjustment, no problem.

2 hours ago, M1152 said:

...that you know of ----> https://azconservative.org/2022/10/11/google-blocking-gop-emails/

BTW not a Ronna McDaniel fan either but that's for another thread

Gmail will let you think your email went through, since you don't get an error, but the messages just get screened/blocked and sent to the dust bin of the Internet. You won't know you're on the Black list.

40 minutes ago, BigGuns said:

Gmail will let you think your email went through, since you don't get an error, but the messages just get screened/blocked and sent to the dust bin of the Internet. You won't know you're on the Black list.

I think we already established that and Gmail is my junk email account. I don’t think Gmail has any skin in the game on this issue yet. Anyway back on topic, keep sending those emails to Trenton for those who have not done so yet and always color within the lines

2 hours ago, 45Doll said:

That's it. Microsoft hosted Exchange blocked my first attempt to send emails to 130+ recipients. Since I pay for and administer their hosting, I had to adjust and confirm the number of emails I would legitimately be expected to send. After that adjustment, no problem.

I think Gmail is pretty loose when it comes to mass emails

After all the expenses- identigo, the certifications, fees, etc we are being scammed. They are sitting on this until the asm bill gets passed, rendering your carry permit, rather useless. Remember once a bill is passed, regardless of the legality of it and until it is overturned,  its law! This is the NJ game that has been played here for decades.

Racist basturd, He certainly doesn't want black folks having any guns!

I read some of the current bill and its changes. My interpretation of the bill is that active police are exempt from the sensitive areas as well as security guards who are actively engaged in their employment ( except the way it’s written it might only cover open carry for the security guard -lol— I don’t think it’s intentional on the legislators)

Retired LEOs and out of state LEOs are covered if carrying on LEOSA except the owner or security can ban or allow them to carry. 
The RPO program would change so that the retiree only has requalify once every two years. That’s down from every six months or so. That’s how they got the retired state troopers association to say they support the bill. 
However, any retiree would have to requal once a year to get LEOSA protection anyway. And with these crazy laws, LEOSA protection is necessary because the prosecutor might interpret this law differently. Why take the chance? 

As to a regular CCW, I am having trouble even figuring out where someone could legally carry that is different than before without a CCW other than walking on a public street, in front of their house, as long there isn’t  an event nearby. 

At least the holster restriction was changed ( the retention strap isn’t a requirement in the law anymore).

3 hours ago, Walkinguf61 said:

As to a regular CCW, I am having trouble even figuring out where someone could legally carry that is different than before without a CCW other than walking on a public street, in front of their house, as long there isn’t  an event nearby. 

THAT'S THE POINT OF THE BILL!!! They don't want you carrying.

18 minutes ago, Mike77 said:

THAT'S THE POINT OF THE BILL!!! They don't want you carrying.

Agreed. But I fall under me of the exemptions that wasn’t there in a workable form until now. And even now, I don’t know how the practical exemption will work , push comes to shove. 
But they made sure their private security can still be there for them — even if they might have mistakenly only allow open carry for them — I will have to reread the bill to be sure . 
As stupid as this sounds, I might get my armed security guard license and have my wife hire me to protect her and the kids to work around some of this . And make a paper trail of it. I will pay the income tax. 
And if my daughter gets a certain job, I will definitely be on her payroll as such. 

If this P.O.S. bill becomes law, it will be illegal to carry at gas stations under 7.a.(19):

7.    (New section) Places where the carrying of a firearm or destructive device is prohibited.

a.     Except as otherwise provided in this section and in the case of a brief, incidental entry onto property, which shall be deemed a de minimis infraction within the contemplation of N.J.S.2C:2-11, it shall be a crime of the third degree for any person, other than a  person lawfully carrying a firearm within the authorized scope of an exemption set forth in N.J.S.2C:39-6, to knowingly carry a firearm as defined in subsection f. of N.J.S.2C:39-1 and a crime of the second degree to knowingly possess a destructive device as defined in subsection c. of N.J.S.2C:39-1 in any of the following places, including in or upon any part of the buildings, grounds, or parking area of:

(19) a plant or operation that produces, converts, distributes or stores energy or converts one form of energy to another;

• FacePalm 1

12 minutes ago, njJoniGuy said:

If this P.O.S. bill becomes law, it will be illegal to carry at gas stations under 7.a.(19):

7.    (New section) Places where the carrying of a firearm or destructive device is prohibited.

a.     Except as otherwise provided in this section and in the case of a brief, incidental entry onto property, which shall be deemed a de minimis infraction within the contemplation of N.J.S.2C:2-11, it shall be a crime of the third degree for any person, other than a  person lawfully carrying a firearm within the authorized scope of an exemption set forth in N.J.S.2C:39-6, to knowingly carry a firearm as defined in subsection f. of N.J.S.2C:39-1 and a crime of the second degree to knowingly possess a destructive device as defined in subsection c. of N.J.S.2C:39-1 in any of the following places, including in or upon any part of the buildings, grounds, or parking area of:

(19) a plant or operation that produces, converts, distributes or stores energy or converts one form of energy to another;

Its not even worth getting into the details. EVERYWHERE is banned. The whole bill needs to go.

I will be in Trenton bright and early. I've never been to the statehouse. I hope I get a chance to talk with some assembly people before the vote. But I don't know what its actually like and if I will have the opportunity.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, g17owner said:

Its not even worth getting into the details. EVERYWHERE is banned. The whole bill needs to go.

I will be in Trenton bright and early. I've never been to the statehouse. I hope I get a chance to talk with some assembly people before the vote. But I don't know what its actually like and if I will have the opportunity.

Trenton....state capitol that you need a gun!! 

• Agree 2

19 hours ago, Walkinguf61 said:

Oh, you thought CCW was for concealed carry weapon? No it stands for Concealed Car Weapon. Keep it locked up and secured in the car and gtg. Cmon man! It's NJ!

• Haha 1

Apparently the level of training that police receive in firearms is simply unreachable for "civilians".

You do realize that there is a  six-figure position waiting for every retiree to provide "security" services. Gotta keep that cash cow.

14 hours ago, njJoniGuy said:

So, I can't take my truck with a full tank of gasoline to the gas station?  Gas is a destructive device.

15 minutes ago, CMJeepster said:

So, I can't take my truck with a full tank of gasoline to the gas station?  Gas is a destructive device.

Technically, gas is a fuel, that is used to make a destructive device. It's like C4, without a detention device. Just a lump of clay. 

Gas... Ok... Barrel.. ok.... Fuse... Ok..

Gas, barrel, fuse all together.... Bad

Now stick a rag in your gas cap, light it.... Now its a destructive device.... Boom

20 minutes ago, Mike77 said:

Technically, gas is a fuel, that is used to make a destructive device. It's like C4, without a detention device. Just a lump of clay. 

Gas... Ok... Barrel.. ok.... Fuse... Ok..

Gas, barrel, fuse all together.... Bad

Now stick a rag in your gas cap, light it.... Now its a destructive device.... Boom

Therefore, my firearms aren't dangerous since it would take an act to have them discharge.

1 hour ago, RichP said:

You do realize that there is a  six-figure position waiting for every retiree to provide "security" services. Gotta keep that cash cow.

It’s not the police making these laws. And it was only the state troopers unions that testified to the bill. They did it to get exceptions for their members as was their job. Note the urban officers did not testify . 

These lawmakers who made this law don’t give a —— about what cops think. Especially retired cops ad proven by the the 3rd revision to the bill and the one lawmaker harping on the fact that retirees don’t have a legal obligation to the general public. They only put it in for the political optics . Did you see how the bill’s sponsor was arguing over his holster requirement for a retention strap with the police who did testify ? He does not care about the police beyond a political expediency.