M1152

NJ LAWMAKERS ANNOUNCE PLANS TO DESTROY RIGHT TO CARRY

39 minutes ago, DAHL said:

From a political insider that I know. Both houses of the legislature and the governor all know the cancel carry bill is unconstitutional. They also know that it will eventually be overturned.  The real reason for the bill is to drag things out another three years so when Murphy leaves the governors office and campaigns for a NJ State senate seat, he can brag in his campaign to the idiots : "Governor Murphy of NJ - enacted strict gun laws that kept guns off the street and made our citizens safe"

I'll hope hope and pray for a quicker resolution.

It will backfire. Cuomo did the same thing with the NY SAFE when he was on the short list to run in 2016. The gun control thing doesn’t work in the south and other places.

The real reason for the bill is to drag things out another three years so when Murphy leaves the governors office and campaigns for a NJ State senate seat, he can brag in his campaign to the idiots : "Governor Murphy of NJ - enacted strict gun laws that kept guns off the street and made our citizens safe"

I actually think he's looking at a presidential run in 2024. Reinstating the bear hunt, growing-out his hair, and slowly fixing his teeth leads me to believe that he's thinking about a national campaign (as funny as that all sounds).

• Agree 1

As an FYI, 2023 will be a very important year in State-wide elections when all 120 seats in the legislature are up for grab. Get registered if you're not, get informed on the candidate's 2A voting or position, support their campaigns and vote these anti-gun officials out of office. 

• Agree 4
  • Informative 1

This is a pro-carry editorial that I agree with, except that he's fixated on open carry, which I don't think is a good idea. It includes an informal poll and some comments.

Why we should be able to carry guns in New Jersey (nj1015.com)

The anti gun, anti carry laws won’t stand up and they know it. 

It’s a dog and pony show. Nonetheless, keep fighting. 
If you are not personally participating in the fight, you’re doing it wrong. Don’t ride on someone else’s efforts. GET IN THE FIGHT! 

Never quit. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

13 minutes ago, Walkinguf61 said:

Just to add. Try to get self defense liability insurance in NJ or NY. They have chased the insurance companies that do it out .If that is a requirement in the law, it’s another point to get it thrown out. 

My neighbor has US Law Shield. Seemed pretty simple to get

• Agree 1

16 hours ago, DAHL said:

From a political insider that I know. Both houses of the legislature and the governor all know the cancel carry bill is unconstitutional. They also know that it will eventually be overturned.  The real reason for the bill is to drag things out another three years so when Murphy leaves the governors office and campaigns for a NJ State senate seat, he can brag in his campaign to the idiots : "Governor Murphy of NJ - enacted strict gun laws that kept guns off the street and made our citizens safe"

I'll hope hope and pray for a quicker resolution.

They know their unconstitutional laws will not be immediately overturned. They also know that the majority opinion of the Supreme Court can change in their favor.  It shows their contempt for the Constitution.

• Agree 1

6 hours ago, RichP said:

I actually think he's looking at a presidential run in 2024. Reinstating the bear hunt, growing-out his hair, and slowly fixing his teeth leads me to believe that he's thinking about a national campaign (as funny as that all sounds).

I don't think he has enough money to fix his teeth......just sayin.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Mike77 said:

So what does liability do vs law shield, uscca, etc

Liability pays out for injury or property damage in the event that you shoot something you shouldn't have.

USLS covers legal expenses if you are charged criminally, or sued in civil court. Some options also cover expert witnesses, etc.

• Agree 1

12 hours ago, ShootersShooter said:

As an FYI, 2023 will be a very important year in State-wide elections when all 120 seats in the legislature are up for grab. Get registered if you're not, get informed on the candidate's 2A voting or position, support their campaigns and vote these anti-gun officials out of office. 

Excellent idea, and since every single democrat in the assembly voted for the bill it makes it all the more easier to know who the antis are.

17 hours ago, Walkinguf61 said:

Looks like I’m going to have to get that umbrella policy 

Its not a bad idea to have an umbrella policy anyway if you live, drive and own a home in jersey. IIRC  I had to up the coverage of my motorcycle insurance to qualify but didn’t need to adjust auto or home. Regardless of what the A-HOLES do in Trenton with the gun bills you should consider an Umbrella anyway

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, 45Doll said:

This happened Tuesday, and the judge's opinion seems pretty straightforward. I'm sure Phil has his ear plugs in.

Court Blocks New York From Restricting Gun Carry on Private Property (freebeacon.com)

Hopefully enough district judges and appeal courts knock this nonsense down quick and see it as more than a 2nd admendment case but what it really is. An attack on the courts .

5 minutes ago, samiam said:

Any judge who needs to see this as something more than an attack on the Constitution to rule correctly doesn't deserve his or her position. If that really is the prevailing attitude among judges, we do not have a functioning judicial branch of government, in which case we are hopelessly and permanently fucked. 

There are a lot judges who disagree with the interpretation of the 2nd amendment. Some still think it’s a a collective right as opposed to an individual right. The important thing is that it’s not what SCOTUS said , and they have to overlook their belief and follow the court decision. 

18 minutes ago, samiam said:

You gotta be kidding. He's an Oldman Sucks alumnus, like Corzine. I'm sure he has money, what or who he had to do to get it is a different topic.

Ah, that joke fell flat.  What I was insinuating was that it would take his entire fortune to fix his teeth.:crazy:

• Thanks 1

On 11/25/2022 at 9:07 AM, 45Doll said:

Found this on Reddit from Danielsen’s FB. 

Danielsen sure changed his tune since last year. Wonder if all the no-show state jobs thrown his way and to his wife has anything to do with it? 

88D89E67-D7A1-48A9-8FE7-41E686485C8A.png

1 hour ago, Tunaman said:

Can someone put this in a form that I can copy and paste into an email?  I'll send it to him every day,  and his colleagues too.

All you have to do is save the image and then attach it to an email. Right-click... Save Image As... or on a Mac you can just drag the image to your desktop.