M1152

NJ LAWMAKERS ANNOUNCE PLANS TO DESTROY RIGHT TO CARRY

I never testified but have for years kept in contact with elected officials on 2A issues. I agree 100% on getting and staying involved. When younger gun owners bemoan the fate of NJ 2a rights, I suggest it and relate my membership/support of advocacy groups, voting record and unfaltering commitment for over 50 years. Just stubborn, I guess.

• Like 2

In the last month I've sent three emails to all members of the Assembly. Each time I have gotten an estimated 6-12 automated replies and maybe 6-8 replies specific to my email. All of those have been on our side.

Last week I sent an email to all Senators. I received two automated replies. Both from the same office. No others. Interesting to see the difference, not encouraging either. 

• Agree 1

9 minutes ago, kc17 said:

In the last month I've sent three emails to all members of the Assembly. Each time I have gotten an estimated 6-12 automated replies and maybe 6-8 replies specific to my email. All of those have been on our side.

Last week I sent an email to all Senators. I received two automated replies. Both from the same office. No others. Interesting to see the difference, not encouraging either. 

Keep hammering them. Daily. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

On 11/24/2022 at 7:29 AM, RichP said:

I actually think he's looking at a presidential run in 2024. Reinstating the bear hunt, growing-out his hair, and slowly fixing his teeth leads me to believe that he's thinking about a national campaign (as funny as that all sounds).

Oh definitely.

If they can rig the vote to install a creature like Biden anything is possible now.

It’s not ‘over’, it’s inconvenient for awhile after Bucky signs it. 

Once that happens, it won’t be long before it’s challenged. And overturned as unconstitutional. 

DO NOT STOP fighting. Now you need to financially support the organizations that are fighting the legal battles for you. 

• Agree 3

31 minutes ago, CMJeepster said:

Welp, it passed. :facepalm:

It will now come up for a vote on Dec 22nd and I believe that it will pass but this bill is so bad that its very likely we will see an injunction from the 3rd circuit court of appeals in Philadelphia. When the bill passes the NRA/ANJRPC are already ready to challenge against the Bruen ruling that doesn't allow infringement on your RIGHT to keep and bear arms.  BY NJ thumbing their nose at the Supreme Court this bill cannot and will not pass constitutional muster. The NJ politicians know this but instead just decide to try and take away your civil rights regardless. What an arrogant group the DemocRats are. They want to take away your rights, not protect your rights

• Agree 2

When they get sued "personally" for violating peoples constitutional rights then just maybe they will stop.  I can't wait to see they cry like the bitches they are.  We even have the luxury of paying their salary while they violate their own oath to up hold the Constitution.

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, Tunaman said:

When they get sued "personally" for violating peoples constitutional rights then just maybe they will stop.  I can't wait to see they cry like the bitches they are.  We even have the luxury of paying their salary while they violate their own oath to up hold the Constitution.

I'm pretty sure they also wrote laws saying that they are exempt from any court action for things they do in office.

55 minutes ago, Mr.Stu said:

I'm pretty sure they also wrote laws saying that they are exempt from any court action for things they do in office.

But certainly NOT their Oath of Office in which they specifically swear to uphold the Constitution, which in the case of this bill they are NOT doing.

Two emails with multiple recipients will work, one to thank those who helped with "No" votes, and one reminding the "Yes" voters they face re-election next year and their disregard of our rights will not be forgotten. 

The roll call committee vote on the bill went like this:

Roll Call

• Sarlo, Paul A. (P) - Yes

• Cruz-Perez, Nilsa I. - Yes

• Diegnan, Patrick J. - Yes

• Greenstein, Linda R. - Yes

• Johnson, Gordon M. - Yes

• O'Scanlon, Declan J. - No

• Oroho, Steven V. - No

• Ruiz, M. Teresa - Yes

• Scutari, Nicholas P. - Yes

• Testa, Michael L. - No

• Thompson, Samuel D. - No

• Zwicker, Andrew - Yes

https://bearingarms.com/john-petrolino/2022/12/06/nj-pba-on-the-naughty-or-nice-list-this-year-n64961

...While I’m not going to say anything disrespectful about the millions of rank and file police officers that serve the country at large across the nation, as I know not all of them have the same view that Colligan has, I will say that Colligan is clearly an elitist pig.

Colligan supports the usurpation of the New Jersey citizen’s right to carry and clearly wants to keep a class system in place. Further, by supporting this bill, Colligan supports the same racist policies and Jim Crow laws that have kept firearms out of the hands of Blacks since the reparation era in the United States. ...

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, 1LtCAP said:

do we really think they care if we email them reminding them that they're up for re-election? first off, we're well outnumbered by stupid people.....or they wouldn't be there in the first place. secondly......the fix is in.

You remind them we're paying attention, then work to attract the moderates who still believe in a Bill of Rights and the unaffiliated non-party voters who can think for themselves. Work to expand the voter base instead of quitting or alienating those not in lock-step with the arrogant Democratic Party members. I've done it for over 50 years and won't stop now, others a lot younger will benefit more than I will but it's worth the effort.

• Agree 1