M1152

NJ LAWMAKERS ANNOUNCE PLANS TO DESTROY RIGHT TO CARRY

5 hours ago, samiam said:

2013 New Jersey Revised Statutes Title 41 - OATHS AND AFFIDAVITS Section 41:3-1 - False swearing, affirmation of declaration; perjury states:

41:3-1. False swearing, affirmation of declaration; perjury
If any person shall willfully and corruptly swear, affirm or declare falsely, in or by any oath, affirmation, declaration or affidavit, required to be made or taken by any statute of this state, or necessary or proper to be made, taken or used in any court of this state, or for any lawful purpose whatever, such person shall be deemed guilty of perjury and punished accordingly.

My IANAL interpretion of that is that these ass-clowns are committing the crime of perjury whenever they willfully vote for legislation, or engage in other conduct, that is inconsistent with the Constiutions of NJ and the US. I alluded to this in my letter to Callahan. I wonder when Platkin or some other prosecutor will begin to indict them? I also am not very pleased that I have yet to see any of our advocacy organizations pursue, or even seriously threaten to pursue, mere lawsuits against those state officials violating their oaths in this manner. IMO they should be pressuring for criminal prosecution.   

Just keep in mind that you cant sue anybody until it becomes law.  People a lot smarter than us are already on this.  Keep an open mind as to what may happen...because it IS going to happen.  Heads will roll for sure.

6 hours ago, samiam said:

2013 New Jersey Revised Statutes Title 41 - OATHS AND AFFIDAVITS Section 41:3-1 - False swearing, affirmation of declaration; perjury states:

41:3-1. False swearing, affirmation of declaration; perjury
If any person shall willfully and corruptly swear, affirm or declare falsely, in or by any oath, affirmation, declaration or affidavit, required to be made or taken by any statute of this state, or necessary or proper to be made, taken or used in any court of this state, or for any lawful purpose whatever, such person shall be deemed guilty of perjury and punished accordingly.

My IANAL interpretion of that is that these ass-clowns are committing the crime of perjury whenever they willfully vote for legislation, or engage in other conduct, that is inconsistent with the Constiutions of NJ and the US. I alluded to this in my letter to Callahan. I wonder when Platkin or some other prosecutor will begin to indict them? I also am not very pleased that I have yet to see any of our advocacy organizations pursue, or even seriously threaten to pursue, mere lawsuits against those state officials violating their oaths in this manner. IMO they should be pressuring for criminal prosecution.   

6 hours ago, CMJeepster said:

"They" make the rules and "they" don't follow them and will never be held accountable.

just need to find a law firm to handle it/them properly. possibly the ones that won bruen?

5 hours ago, samiam said:

That is so. On the gripping hand, those legislators (as well as Callahan, et al) are (per the catch-all reference in 41:3-1) are arguably guilty of perjury for violating their oaths by merely voting to pass legislation that is blatantly unconstitutional per se. I'd like to see some noise made about that, even if there is little to no chance that any prosecutor will file those criminal charges. Same goes for lawsuits, actually. Promises to sue the living shit out of these people for passing their bullshit law doesn't need to wait until it is passed and signed. The lack of rhetoric on these subjects sadly suggests to me the intention to pursue the kind of behind-closed-doors political horse trading that has failed us so often in the past, in lieu of the open confrontation that I am convinced is needed. If the gloves aren't dropped by our advocates under these extreme circumstances, when would be the appropriate time for that to happen? Under what circumstances would there be a consensus that our advocates are really not up to the job, and need to be replaced? I'm not stating that needs to be done, but I believe that it is not too early to be contemplating those questions. 

The legislative branch is not liable for any law they propose or pass. The legal liability falls on those who enforce it. It has always been this way.

A quick question about the insurance part of the bill. Does a general liability umbrella policy satisfy this part of the bill? 

16 hours ago, Walkinguf61 said:

A quick question about the insurance part of the bill. Does a general liability umbrella policy satisfy this part of the bill? 

Nobody knows for sure as this whole thing is a pile of garbage thrown together at the last minute, like all other crap legislation.  (Hopefully it does satisfy as that's what I've got.)

2 hours ago, CMJeepster said:

And it will.  I only posted that because it's the road that we'll be going down next.

This is the Second Circuit Appeals court which is based in NY.  That Stayed the Injunction but not fully.  NY can’t enforce churches and Airports, read the opinion.  This is also temporary until the Second Circuit hear’s oral argument which will occur within 2 months….

We all know the road that we are going down. The cancel carry bill will pass but public testimony, speaking out for what is right, and writing your legislators will raise public awareness about the kind of despots that we have in Trenton. We can say that the big cities control the NJ vote but what about the soccer moms that always vote democrat?  We also need to get the message out to our black citizens that NJ government is NOT your friend. The cancel carry bill is a racist bill.  Look at the crime in the inner cities. Has it gotten better under democrat control.? These are good talking points that must be discussed and hammered home.. Your opinion counts. Use it.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, M1152 said:

MONDAY: FULL SENATE TO VOTE

ON CARRY-KILLER BILL

https://www.anjrpc.org/page/MONDAYCarryKillerBillMovesToFullSenate

Thanks for sending. I finally received this alert via email! I hit every senator earlier this week and cc'd Scutari on every one per GFH's recommendation and I will hit them all again tonight or tomorrow. Please, everyone, deluge the senate!

10 hours ago, Xtors said:

Thanks for sending. I finally received this alert via email! I hit every senator earlier this week and cc'd Scutari on every one per GFH's recommendation and I will hit them all again tonight or tomorrow. Please, everyone, deluge the senate!

Done!  It's easy and fun.

5 hours ago, M1152 said:

it gets better, it looks like you could get shit-faced and carry at the same time :shok:

https://www.reddit.com/r/NJGuns/comments/zmudkt/s3214_major_error_we_can_carry_while_high_or/

carry on...

I’m confused….the non highlighted line between the highlighted ones ……Line 8&9 clearly says

8 “a. The holder of a permit to carry a handgun issued pursuant to
9 NJS.2C:58-4 shall not:”

Whenever I contact the Assembly or Senate on these issues along with my personal message, I remind them of these:

NJ Constitution Paragraph 1

1. All persons are by nature free and independent, and have certain natural and unalienable rights, among which are those of enjoying and defending life and liberty, of acquiring, possessing, and protecting property, and of pursuing and obtaining safety and happiness.

Oath of Office

"I, ______ do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully, impartially and justly perform all the duties of the office of _____ to the best of my ability, and that I will support the Constitution of the United States and the Constitution of the State of New Jersey, and that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same and to the Governments established in the United States and in this State, under the authority of the people.”

Oath covered by this :

41:3-1. False swearing, affirmation of declaration; perjury

1 hour ago, pjd832 said:

I’m confused….the non highlighted line between the highlighted ones ……Line 8&9 clearly says

I am too, the bill is just one big cluster fuck and we shouldn’t even be having this discussion after the Supreme Court has weighed in on it.

1 hour ago, M1152 said:

I am too, the bill is just one big cluster fuck and we shouldn’t even be having this discussion after the Supreme Court has weighed in on it.

It’s clear as day to me what is stated in the posted link…I meant I’m confused why the person in the link posted is inferring that you can drink/be under the influence of alcohol or drugs while carrying and highlighted the parts above and below the pertinent line … and the person posting the link agreed with the notion… hopefully it was humor/sarcasm that I’m missing, otherwise if that’s the reading compression of some future permit holders they unfortunately may be finding themselves on the wrong side of the steel doors 

4 hours ago, pjd832 said:

8 “a. The holder of a permit to carry a handgun issued pursuant to
9 NJS.2C:58-4 shall not:”

3 hours ago, M1152 said:

1 hour ago, pjd832 said:

It’s clear as day to me what is stated in the posted link…I meant I’m confused why the person in the link posted is inferring that you can drink/be under the influence of alcohol or drugs while carrying and highlighted the parts above and below the pertinent line … and the person posting the link agreed with the notion… hopefully it was humor/sarcasm that I’m missing, otherwise if that’s the reading compression of some future permit holders they unfortunately may be finding themselves on the wrong side of the steel doors 

The bill does say "shall not". However, it also says the section that says it, will not come into effect for 7 months. So for 7 months the dimwits in Trenton are fine with drunk people with guns.

It probably won't stop it passing, but it does make it even more clear that they have no clue what they are passing.

• Agree 1

54 minutes ago, Mr.Stu said:

The bill does say "shall not". However, it also says the section that says it, will not come into effect for 7 months. So for 7 months the dimwits in Trenton are fine with drunk people with guns.

It probably won't stop it passing, but it does make it even more clear that they have no clue what they are passing.

you broke the code

6 hours ago, CMJeepster said:

"They" can kiss my ass!!!

Do your part. Write all the senators and email and let them know that you expect them to vote no as to the gross unconstitutionally of S3214. Be polite but hit all the senate addresses listed here.

email address page:  https://www.anjrpc.org/page/NJSenate

17 minutes ago, DAHL said:

Do your part. Write all the senators and email and let them know that you expect them to vote no as to the gross unconstitutionally of S3214. Be polite but hit all the senate addresses listed here.

email address page:  https://www.anjrpc.org/page/NJSenate

I emailed all the senators, also included some links for reference:

A yes vote would fail your law school final exam if you had to used NYSRPA v. Bruen to answer the question “is A4769 /  S3214 constitutional and why.”
https://www.supremecourt.gov/opinions/21pdf/20-843_7j80.pdf

An excellent article you may want to read spells out how many gun control laws cannot survive today in light of historical analogs.