M1152

NJ LAWMAKERS ANNOUNCE PLANS TO DESTROY RIGHT TO CARRY

On 12/19/2022 at 6:07 PM, Displaced Texan said:

I’m confident it will be shot down in a court challenge. That being said, you have to do YOUR part and contribute to the cause. 

Don’t be the guy who rides on someone else’s coattails, be part of the solution. 

Good overview on Reddit of how things will go down, and that we should prepare for the long haul. 

https://www.reddit.com/r/NJGuns/comments/zqz0ty/guide_to_the_upcoming_nj_2a_lawsuits/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, FairbanksRusty said:

Good overview on Reddit of how things will go down, and that we should prepare for the long haul. 

https://www.reddit.com/r/NJGuns/comments/zqz0ty/guide_to_the_upcoming_nj_2a_lawsuits/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf

The lawmakers are going to get slapped down hard just based on their comments of the goals of the bill

35 minutes ago, FairbanksRusty said:

From that link:

"Just keep in mind that generations of people in this state lived their entire lives with their rights fully restrained. It’s a long fight with lots of pit stops along the way."

So, translation, you'll be dead before you can carry unrestricted in this state?

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Tunaman said:

Specifically the Senators and assemblymen who wrote and voted for this bill.  This bill was also endorsed by the State PBA so I call them out too.  A little reading comprehension goes a long way.  If you didnt write it or support it then I still support you.

I reread what you wrote . When you say “ state hires”, that usually means employees and not elected officials. 
And where in the bill does it give these guys who passed the bill the ability to carry with a card by the superintendent? 
This bill was not sponsored by the state PBA. Their endorsement was hijacked by certain politicians  ( more like blackmail). Go watch the hearings and how they were scared to cross the bill’s sponsor. Exemptions were put in place for their members and that was the price of that “ endorsement “. But that was blackmail.

2 hours ago, Walkinguf61 said:

I reread what you wrote . When you say “ state hires”, that usually means employees and not elected officials. 
And where in the bill does it give these guys who passed the bill the ability to carry with a card by the superintendent? 
This bill was not sponsored by the state PBA. Their endorsement was hijacked by certain politicians  ( more like blackmail). Go watch the hearings and how they were scared to cross the bill’s sponsor. Exemptions were put in place for their members and that was the price of that “ endorsement “. But that was blackmail.

Please dont make me do your work for you.  "The President of New Jersey’s PBA, Patrick Colligan submitted a witness slip noting that he, as the president of the NJ State Policemen’s Benevolent Association, is in favor of the bill. Of course advocates for the police and retired police made sure that changes to the bills were made to exclude this class of people from the list of restricted places that the rest of the unwashed masses need to make sure they don’t visit while armed."  Blackmail my ass.

patcolligan-2022-12-06-at-8.29.36-AM-1024x664.png

1 hour ago, Tunaman said:

Please dont make me do your work for you.  "The President of New Jersey’s PBA, Patrick Colligan submitted a witness slip noting that he, as the president of the NJ State Policemen’s Benevolent Association, is in favor of the bill. Of course advocates for the police and retired police made sure that changes to the bills were made to exclude this class of people from the list of restricted places that the rest of the unwashed masses need to make sure they don’t visit while armed."  Blackmail my ass.

patcolligan-2022-12-06-at-8.29.36-AM-1024x664.png

Go look at the committee testimony. He was afraid of Denison ( I misspelled his name). You can see it especially when they disagreed about holsters. 
Signing that form and endorsing the bill was the price of getting exceptions for their members . 
You can tell and they even say during the testimony, they spoke about the bill earlier and were going to speak after the hearing.

GOA filed an emergency request with SCOTUS regarding NY carry…probably coming for NJ too. 

Sam Paredes, on behalf of the Board of Directors for the Gun Owners Foundation, added: 

“We have said it before and we’ll say it again: states must come into compliance with Bruen, or we will make you.”   

https://www.gunowners.org/goa-files-emergency-request-with-scotus-in-ny-concealed-carry-case/

• Like 1

Murphy's live on NJ 12 right now:

https://newjersey.news12.com/ask-gov-murphy-to-air-wednesday-dec-21-at-3-p-m

1 minute ago, Displaced Texan said:

GOA filed an emergency request with SCOTUS regarding NY carry…probably coming for NJ too. 

Sam Paredes, on behalf of the Board of Directors for the Gun Owners Foundation, added: 

“We have said it before and we’ll say it again: states must come into compliance with Bruen, or we will make you.”   

https://www.gunowners.org/goa-files-emergency-request-with-scotus-in-ny-concealed-carry-case/

Any history of SCOTUS intervening in an active Federal Circuit case?

2 minutes ago, DirtyDigz said:

Not sure. I’m digging into this. 

Isnt NY state covered by 2 circuit court districts? 

8 minutes ago, DirtyDigz said:

I see Phil Dunston Murphy is sporting his new coiffure. He must have his sights set on a higher office. Signing this bill will certainly gain him more national exposure. He’s got to do something to compete with Sir Gavin the Handsome on the West coast. 

2 hours ago, DirtyDigz said:

Murphy just said on NJ12 that he's signing the bill tomorrow.

leaves me screwed then.....i stalled in the process of getting things together when mom took her spill. was gonna try to get my stuff down to the pd tomorrow or tuesday.......dammit.

actually, thinking about it, i'm just gonna print the 4 pictures of me on regular paper in the proper size, and run it to the pd on my lunch break tomorrow. nothing says they gotta be on photo paper, right?

11 minutes ago, 1LtCAP said:

leaves me screwed then.....i stalled in the process of getting things together when mom took her spill. was gonna try to get my stuff down to the pd tomorrow or tuesday.......dammit.

Apply anyway.  Chance this gets TRO'd/Enjoined fast.

My PTC application with the county court, so I'm "in limbo" too.

Thursday, December 22, 10:45 AM

NJ-State-Bill Signing for Bruen Fix Bill

Scotch Plains Public Library
1927 Bartle Ave
Scotch Plains, NJ 07076

Please join us to witness Governor Murphy sign a groundbreaking gun safety bill, which will prohibit guns in sensitive places across NJ. Wear your red Moms shirt! (We'll have some available if you don't have one). Hope to see you there!

https://act.everytown.org/event/moms-demand-action-event/50846/signup/

3 hours ago, Tunaman said:

and I really dont care what the PBA reasoning was behind their support of the bill,  but they supported it regardless.  As long as the elites get theirs then screw the rest of us.

That’s literally the job of the PBA union. Look out for the best interests of their members period. 
If the democrats offered an exemption for members of NJ forum, the majority would take it then fight the rest of the bill to court . 
I saw it New York. I saw it in PA. I saw even in NJ. I saw it on the federal level. People got grandfathered in and didn’t fight for the guys who weren’t.

20 minutes ago, 1LtCAP said:

actually, thinking about it, i'm just gonna print the 4 pictures of me on regular paper in the proper size, and run it to the pd on my lunch break tomorrow. nothing says they gotta be on photo paper, right?

You still need to apply. Lawsuits need people that were harmed by bad legislation. Aside from that, by the time they're done processing your app, there may be a TRO or an injunction. If you don't apply, you might regret it.

Also, do regular passport photos. If the courts reject it due to the photos, you'll regret that too. It might take 60 days before it reaches the court even.

2 hours ago, Displaced Texan said:

NJ has a better shot— the SCOTUS justice that covers NY is Sotomeyer.

NJ is Justice Alito.

But don’t count of it coming anytime soon.

6 minutes ago, Walkinguf61 said:

NJ has a better shot— the SCOTUS justice that covers NY is Sotomeyer.

NJ is Justice Alito.

But don’t count of it coming anytime soon.

I think the injunction will happen soon at the district court. Likely within weeks. 

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, Displaced Texan said:

Not sure. I’m digging into this. 

Isnt NY state covered by 2 circuit court districts? 

NY is in the 2nd. The circuits do not cover parts of states. They cover groups of entire states. 

NY does have four district courts - Northern, Eastern, Southern and Western. Those along with CT and VT make up the 2nd circuit. 

8 minutes ago, RadioGunner said:

NY is in the 2nd. The circuits do not cover parts of states. They cover groups of entire states. 

NY does have four district courts - Northern, Eastern, Southern and Western. Those along with CT and VT make up the 2nd circuit. 

That’s what I was thinking of. Thanks for the correction. 

1 hour ago, 1LtCAP said:

I posted the text below back in Sept, and it worked out pretty well.   Fast and cheap.

Taken at home with my phone, using a suitable neutral wall as background.  Uploaded to Walgreens photo center, using their 4x4 collage template on a 4”x4” print 

Total cost 53 cents. 

Each photo in the collage prints out at about 1.8” square, so leave enough blank space around your head to allow trimming to 1.5” square.  Untrimmed, the photos might pass for 2x2”, but I think the consensus has been they really should be 1.5 sq. 

So...the president of the NJPBA, representing the official position of NJ's police officers, expressed support for this bill because he was afraid of losing his position as president of the PBA?

What if I publicly endorsed violating other civil rights to keep my job?  Should I get a pass?

• Like 1
  • Agree 1