M1152

NJ LAWMAKERS ANNOUNCE PLANS TO DESTROY RIGHT TO CARRY

Had enough yet? From Murphy today:

The challenge is not unexpected. Murphy said in his remarks before signing the bill on Thursday that state officials know the “gun lobby and its acolytes are preparing to take us to court to block these common sense gun measures” and that the attorney general is “fully prepared to forcefully defend the constitutionality of this law.”

“Even if any part of this law is successfully challenged, the rest of it would remain intact and enforceable,” Murphy said.

“This is going to be challenged, there’s no doubt, but we believe that it struck the right balance and it will meet constitutional muster,” Scutari said.

• FacePalm 1

2 hours ago, 45Doll said:

Did anyone have a stopwatch on the bill-signing to suit-filing? :D

I read the ANJRPC suit. My compliments.

Both the ANJRPC and CNJFO/FPC/SAF/NJ2AS lawsuits were filed at the same time the bill was being signed (or within mere minutes)

1 hour ago, Old Glock guy said:

Anyone know if this goes into effect immediately, or at some date in the near future?

The sensitive places provision takes effect immediately. The rest of the law will be phased in over the next seven months.

https://www.nj.com/politics/2022/12/nj-strictly-overhauls-concealed-carry-gun-restrictions-as-murphy-signs-law.html

about half way down the page..

just to be clear I'm not a news12 or nj.com fan

• Informative 1

19 minutes ago, M1152 said:

You're forgiven. I do the same thing myself when it's essential to know what the devil's disciples are saying and doing.

It's clear in the story nothing has changed at the Star Ledger. I thought they would have expired by now.

8 minutes ago, Mike77 said:

So are they saying unless a "we welcome guns" sign is shown, it is assumed not allowed??

And what about the insurance? Who even offers that? 

Right, private property is default prohibited.

Insurance - Not aware of any company offering firearm liability coverage in NJ.

Recommend you stop looking for logic.  This law is not a good faith attempt to "regulate carry".  It's a defiant tantrum in response to the Bruen ruling.  I honestly don't think they really care too much what makes sense and what doesn't, or what parts end up being enjoined versus allowed to stand - they just wanted to show that they "did something".

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Krdshrk said:

Both the ANJRPC and CNJFO/FPC/SAF/NJ2AS lawsuits were filed at the same time the bill was being signed (or within mere minutes)

Just think about this....we sue them and they use our monies / Tax to defend themselves and fight the fight.....we pay $$$$ on both ends to fight against ourselves........this is Stupid Friggin' Nutz.....omo.

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

1 minute ago, xXxplosive said:

Just think about this....we sue them and they use our monies / Tax to defend themselves and fight the fight.....we pay on both ends to fight ourselves........this is Stupid Friggin' Nutz.....omo.

That’s the craziness of the whole thing, isn’t it? 

What’s even worse, the shitbag politicians who write and pass these unconstitutional laws have no personal or legal accountability for denying citizens their civil rights. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, M1152 said:

https://www.nj.com/politics/2022/12/nj-strictly-overhauls-concealed-carry-gun-restrictions-as-murphy-signs-law.html

about half way down the page..

Thanks for that info, which was very helpful to me.  I had not put my application in yet for various reasons (mostly a recent move), so I scrambled around this afternoon getting everything together (I had already done the qual, photos, and fingerprinting), and plan to drop it off first thing tomorrow at my local PD. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, DirtyDigz said:

that would seem to me to be part that'll get this booted right the hell outta there.

2 hours ago, DirtyDigz said:

Insurance - Not aware of any company offering firearm liability coverage in NJ.

this too.

2 hours ago, xXxplosive said:

Just think about this....we sue them and they use our monies / Tax to defend themselves and fight the fight.....we pay $$$$ on both ends to fight against ourselves........this is Stupid Friggin' Nutz.....omo.

and this is why if i don't get excused from jury duty, i will be sending them a bill for the billable hours that i lost the day(s) that i had to close up shop to be there.

1 hour ago, Indianajonze said:

the only thing i've learned since becoming a gun owner is that i should have been a lawyer.

Pretty much spot on Brother

3 hours ago, Old Glock guy said:

Thanks for that info, which was very helpful to me.  I had not put my application in yet for various reasons (mostly a recent move), so I scrambled around this afternoon getting everything together (I had already done the qual, photos, and fingerprinting), and plan to drop it off first thing tomorrow at my local PD. 

Sounds like you’re ready to go.  I’d be interested in what kind of reaction you receive there tomorrow after today’s events. It is anyone’s guess how it’s going to play out going forward with the applications to be filed or the apps in progress. Good Luck with the app process and Merry Christmas

4 hours ago, Displaced Texan said:

What’s even worse, the shitbag politicians who write and pass these unconstitutional laws have no personal or legal accountability for denying citizens their civil rights. 

And that's exactly what needs to change. Until they feel personal pain, this crap will continue, because no one is holding them personally responsible.