M1152

NJ LAWMAKERS ANNOUNCE PLANS TO DESTROY RIGHT TO CARRY

6 minutes ago, xXxplosive said:

good luck to that......been workin' great so far.....if it weren't for Thomas we'd have nothin' here.....now, almost nothin'....omo.

Yes and Thomas and the Bruen decision was the direct result of VOTING. Tell me if Hillary was President when ginsburg croaked and Kennedy stepped down we would still be in the same situation. We got Trump, we got some good Supreme Court justices and we got the bruen decision. That’s how it works. 

• Agree 2

6 minutes ago, Downtownv said:

Register as a dem to vote in their primary. vote against the incumbent. the dems do this all the time!

Yup.  Did exactly that last time Menendez had to primary.  Menendez still won due to all the other brain-dead voters out there, but it felt good!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Walkinguf61 said:

Please go look up what Trump is getting sued for. They are suing for acts by him not as president of the US. All the other lawsuits are covered by the us government. 

Gather your family around, and tell them all the ways they have disappointed you over the past year........

8 hours ago, xXxplosive said:

Need to sue the Gov. personally ....so we the tax payers don't end up paying for their defense...after all it's his name , he signed it.....make him own it....omo.

well he's a billionaire, so i'd imagine his deep pockets would outlast ours as it pertains to legal fees

11 minutes ago, RadioGunner said:

we got some good Supreme Court justices and we got the bruen decision. That’s how it works. 

What exactly did you get?

Are you any further ahead with legally carrying all over in NJ then you were 5, 10, 15 years ago?

8 minutes ago, DirtyDigz said:

Menendez still won due to all the other brain-dead voters out there, but it felt good!

This guy gets it here in NJ.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BigGuns said:

Are you any further ahead with legally carrying all over in NJ then you were 5, 10, 15 years ago?

Actually, yes! I’ve been carrying daily in NJ for a few months now. 

And don’t think that this stupid law is going to stand for a hot minute. This setback is only temporary and everyone knows it. Even you.

• Agree 1

13 minutes ago, Indianajonze said:

well he's a billionaire, so i'd imagine his deep pockets would outlast ours as it pertains to legal fees

Do you think he woud enjoy losing a piece of it? No, millionaires don't like losing their money.

5 minutes ago, BigGuns said:

We got JN thrown out. That hurdle is gone. Many of us have been carrying regularly for a few months. PA permits are now available to us too. Bruen also means that I could get my MD permit which should be showing up in the mail any day now.

Did you expect the gun grabbers to just roll over? They moved another set of goal posts.

However, another thing Bruen gave us is the quashing of the interest balancing nonsense that the lower courts have been using to side-step Heller. Look at the Federal District Court rulings in NY - they have stomped the CCIA hard. Sure, the 2nd Circuit still needs to be brough into line (overseen by Sotomeyer so not really surprising), but there is an emergency motion to SCOTUS to fix that already.

We fall under the 3rd Circuit which is overseen by Alito. When whatever the District Court says on the 2 cases filed so far is appealed, it will go to the 3rd Circuit and hopefully Hardiman will get them. He's not going to uphold A4769.

Instead of pooh-poohing the progress made, why not try to find something positive, or suggest a course of action that will make you happier. You remind me somewhat of Eeyore.

• Agree 2

5 hours ago, RadioGunner said:

Then primary out the bad ones.

who do you want to primary out? as far as i know every republican voted against this crap, and the dems are institutionalized. every one of them has a job for life if they want it, as do their families (see menendez)

3 hours ago, BigGuns said:

Bad comparison. Only like 10% of voters came out in that primary where she won. The other 90% ended up with Buyer's Remorse.

yet she easily won reelection...

10 minutes ago, Mr.Stu said:

However, another thing Bruen gave us is the quashing of the interest balancing nonsense that the lower courts have been using to side-step Heller

And once the excitement over the current anti-carry law dies down, the cases to eliminate the 10 round mag limit and NJ's implementation of the AWB will be back in the spotlight, probably shortly followed by elimination of handgun purchase permits and NJ's stupid state-specific NICS delay.

Sorry we can't just snap our fingers and be Texas, but as a NJ gun owner it's a great time to be watching these walls come down.

• Agree 3

Just now, Indianajonze said:

who do you want to primary out? as far as i know every republican voted against this crap, and the dems are institutionalized. every one of them has a job for life if they want it, as do their families (see menendez)

If you register as a D you get to vote in the D primaries. It takes far fewer votes to change the outcome of a primary as many people don't bother to show up to vote in them - markedly fewer then the actual election, even.

By forcing the incumbent D out of the vote, you raise the chance of the R getting in just through name recognition.

• Agree 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Mr.Stu said:

Did you expect the gun grabbers to just roll over? They moved another set of goal posts.

Instead of pooh-poohing the progress made, why not try to find something positive, or suggest a course of action that will make you happier.

That's my point. Of course everyone is hoping this new law will be overturned.

But I'm a realist. Tell me which one of the past laws have been reversed. For starters, the 30 round, down to 15 round, down to 10 round. That's been kicked around the courts for 4-1/2 years, and still no resolution.

How about all the evil features on ARs, have they been reversed or removed. FID permits, P2P permits, hollow points, transport laws, etc.,  they're all still in place. The history of reversing these unconstitutional laws in the past isn't great.

And yes, they'll just keep moving the goal posts.

It's nice you had a few months of carrying, but that just ended in the majority of the state. Who knows if/when these news laws will be reversed? Past history hasn't been friendly to us.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

11 minutes ago, Mr.Stu said:

We got JN thrown out. That hurdle is gone. Many of us have been carrying regularly for a few months. PA permits are now available to us too. Bruen also means that I could get my MD permit which should be showing up in the mail any day now.

However, another thing Bruen gave us is the quashing of the interest balancing nonsense that the lower courts have been using to side-step Heller. Look at the Federal District Court rulings in NY - they have stomped the CCIA hard. Sure, the 2nd Circuit still needs to be brough into line (overseen by Sotomeyer so not really surprising), but there is an emergency motion to SCOTUS to fix that already.

We fall under the 3rd Circuit which is overseen by Alito. When whatever the District Court says on the 2 cases filed so far is appealed, it will go to the 3rd Circuit and hopefully Hardiman will get them. He's not going to uphold A4769.

Instead of pooh-poohing the progress made, why not try to find something positive, or suggest a course of action that will make you happier. You remind me somewhat of Eeyore.

THIS guy gets it. 

Quit rolling over on your back and giving up. Keep fighting. 

The lawsuit has already been filed, and I don’t think it will be long before this shit law is overturned. 

7 minutes ago, Mr.Stu said:

If you register as a D you get to vote in the D primaries. It takes far fewer votes to change the outcome of a primary as many people don't bother to show up to vote in them - markedly fewer then the actual election, even.

By forcing the incumbent D out of the vote, you raise the chance of the R getting in just through name recognition.

EXCACTLY! I'd rather have a green dem than a seasoned one...

Just now, BigGuns said:

So, what happens with people who got a CCW permit before the Bruen decision in past years? I guessing they have to adhere to these news laws too, right?  No grandfathering I'm assuming. They must be pissed.

Yup, both NJ and NY sacrificed their "elites" to keep the proles down. 

Imagine being a huge D donor/mover/shaker who had an unobtainable carry permit, and suddenly it became worthless...

15 minutes ago, Indianajonze said:

yet she easily won reelection...

Yep but they didn’t see her coming when she with hell of a PAC I am talking about took that seat from nationally prominent democrat. 

well it's nice to see some of us not giving up and trying to fight the good fight. as for me, i caved a while ago. i did not email any of my representatives this time. no point. the gop ones are on my side already and the dem ones could not care less about me or my gun rights (they've basically responded to me with exactly that). an email won't change things. i never marched to trenton. no point, see above. i'd like someone to show me ONE single democrat who changed their vote on a gun bill due to "outrage". just one. i'll wait...

as for this bill, it will be struck down eventually, there's no doubt about that. but i wonder how long this will last. they'll intro another bill, and another one after that. this will be dragged on for literally years. i'll be dead before the mag capacity ban is overturned, for example. it's reality. and with the way the country is going, how long do you suppose the high court advantage will last? 

it's dark times in these blue states. i've realized it for a while but only recently made peace with it. when that idiot in NY got reelected as governor with the utter lawlessness of that state (and was reelected easily), i realized there's no hope for this area. in my district we have josh gothheimer who will be my congressman for the rest of my life. oh we try and try to put ppl up against him, but there's zero chance he gets booted with the way the maps are drawn. and don't get me started on our two esteemed senators. one of them is an honest to God pedophile, and not only did HE win reelection easily, he managed to get his son elected as well. nj is a lost cause. we might get a gop governor here or there, but as for the legislature and US senate, there's no chance. none. 

so what to do? just keep your head down and do what you have to do to keep yourself and your family safe until such a time as you: a) bail for greener (redder?) pastures b) die (lol) or c) get pinched on one of the myraid of new laws, in which case maybe our great governor will think of you the next time there's a covid outbreak and he needs to release prisoners into the general public in the interest of public safety and prison overcrowding...

26 minutes ago, Mr.Stu said:

That's a start, but.

You also have to follow what AOC and the Justice Democrats did, and put a candidate in the primary that represents American (not communist) interests.

She also pounded the pavement to get her name out there, and get votes in the primary.

Once she won that, the rest was easy. 

37 minutes ago, BigGuns said:

That's my point. Of course everyone is hoping this new law will be overturned.

But I'm a realist. Tell me which one of the past laws have been reversed. For starters, the 30 round, down to 15 round, down to 10 round. That's been kicked around the courts for 4-1/2 years, and still no resolution.

How about all the evil features on ARs, have they been reversed or removed. FID permits, P2P permits, hollow points, transport laws, etc.,  they're all still in place. The history of reversing these unconstitutional laws in the past isn't great.

And yes, they'll just keep moving the goal posts.

It's nice you had a few months of carrying, but that just ended in the majority of the state. Who knows if/when these news laws will be reversed? Past history hasn't been friendly to us.

The NY SAFE act . Parts were overturned in court ( and in the 2nd circuit). NY had a seven round limit until it or was overturned in court —- CT’s law on a certain pump action rifle was also overturned.

11 minutes ago, Walkinguf61 said:

The NY SAFE act . Parts were overturned in court ( and in the 2nd circuit). NY had a seven round limit until it or was overturned in court

Yeah, the 7 round law was reverted back to their 10 round law. Everything else in the SAFE act remained. I, for one, don't consider that much of win. Do you?

40 minutes ago, Indianajonze said:

as for this bill, it will be struck down eventually, there's no doubt about that. but i wonder how long this will last. they'll intro another bill, and another one after that. this will be dragged on for literally years.

This is what I see happening. It will drag for a long time, if it gets overturned, the Democrats will just pass something else. Or, they'll do just like the SAFE Act, throw out a crumb or two, and call it a day.

Did anyone really think the Democrats would just roll over, and allow Bruen to stand, unopposed?

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, CMJeepster said:

Is there “duty to disclose” for holders of a New Jersey Permit to Carry a Handgun under the Murphy Anti-Civil Rights law?

A: Yes. The holder of a permit to carry a handgun if stopped or detained by a law enforcement officer while carrying a handgun in public or traveling with a handgun in a motor vehicle, shall:

(1) immediately disclose to the law enforcement officer that they are carrying a handgun or that a handgun is stored in the vehicle; and

(2) display the permit to carry a handgun.

------

That changed?  Ugh!

The is one of the most rights infringing part of this bill.  If you are traveling in your car,  you cant carry it on you,  so it has to be locked up out of view.  You HAVE TO tell the LEO you are transporting your firearm in your car.  This is bullshit.  You dont have to tell them shit.  I guarantee there is going to be a list accessible by the LEO that tells him you have a carry permit.  If you havent committed any crime, there is no probable cause to search your car.  But they are going to try to put any and all of us in jail but the criminals get out with no bail on our dime.  Face it.  We are in trouble when people take your rights away.  F this state.  F democrats for voting for this type of governing.