M1152

NJ LAWMAKERS ANNOUNCE PLANS TO DESTROY RIGHT TO CARRY

I was just re-reading the statute and spotted something else I hadn't noticed before. The 'sensitive places' section refers to any firearm, not just handguns. This means the possession of rifles and shotguns which was previously allowed by obtaining an FPIC has also been gutted.

18 hours ago, BigGuns said:

So, what happens with people who got a CCW permit before the Bruen decision in past years? I guessing they have to adhere to these news laws too, right?  No grandfathering I'm assuming. They must be pissed.

Funny you posted this.  I had a phone call with a friend of mine last night who has one of the unicorn permits due to his job.  He's infuriated that this law passed.

29 minutes ago, Displaced Texan said:

I wouldn’t get overly worked up about the new law. Murphy and the gang are gonna get bitch slapped. 

I wouldn't take anything for granted these days.

The spirit and intent of the law means nothing to these evil creatures.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Mr.Stu said:

I was just re-reading the statute and spotted something else I hadn't noticed before. The 'sensitive places' section refers to any firearm, not just handguns. This means the possession of rifles and shotguns which was previously allowed by obtaining an FPIC has also been gutted.

Pretty sure it includes bombs too. LoL

17 hours ago, pjd832 said:

Surprised no one noticed this yet? Those who have recieved or are in process to recieve their permit… are going to have until 10/1/23 to “comply with the new training requirements”…….

then I see 18 months in state prison if you don’t have an insurance policy that’s not offered by anyone in nj ….. was the insurance thing effective immediately once the fuhrer signed?  I didn’t see any future dates which seems like that would be immediate?  I’m only asking for those that are carrying that me be unknowingly in jeopardy of the life changing consequences 

A39D188B-0FC1-432D-AC1F-1FEF5CFE68C9.jpeg

CC08A21A-A3A2-4617-8D27-CA875C3E90AC.jpeg

But i dont remember seeing what qualifies as training. 

2 minutes ago, Mike77 said:

But i dont remember seeing what qualifies as training. 

That's why there is a delay on the training requirement. The Superintendent of NJSP has to come up with something. Hopefully it will be as simple as the slide show they came up with for the first time FPIC applicants.

4 minutes ago, Mr.Stu said:

That's why there is a delay on the training requirement. The Superintendent of NJSP has to come up with something. Hopefully it will be as simple as the slide show they came up with for the first time FPIC applicants.

Some places made you take basic handgun and basic holster before they let you take qual. Hoping they count as well. 

5 hours ago, Xtors said:

So, with new legislation, NJ moves to concealed carry only. Am I correct here? Per Nappen's FAQ: "Any person who holds a valid permit to carry a handgun shall be authorized to carry a handgun in a holster concealed on their person in all parts of this State, except where prohibited."

Also, regarding the new "duty to inform" language, does this apply only to people that possess a PTC or does it apply to anyone traveling with a firearm? And does this constitute probable cause to search my vehicle? What if I am in my car, have a PTC but do not have a handgun but rather a long gun? Do I still have a duty to inform?

According to new law, there is no more open carry.

2 hours ago, Mr.Stu said:

Stu.  I was just thinking the same thing about an hour ago.   Then you beat me to it

27 minutes ago, EngineerJet said:

According to new law, there is no more open carry.

There is a security guard exemption allowing open carry. The way the exemption is written, it might require open carry for security guards in sensitive places. 
  “  f.  Nothing in this section shall be construed to prohibit an employee of an armored car company who is the holder of a valid and lawfully issued permit to carry a handgun issued pursuant to N.J.S.2C:58-4 who is contractually authorized to provide services for a client at a place enumerated in subsection a. of this section from carrying a firearm, openly, in the regular course of employment.“

2 hours ago, Bomber said:

I wouldn't take anything for granted these days.

The spirit and intent of the law means nothing to these evil creatures.

That's the bigger issue, more than a few restrictions on a gun law.

These politicians knew what was in the Bruen decision from the SCOTUS, and still went ahead and passed this bill, and the governor, who doesn't concern himself with the Bil of Rights, signed it.

At this point, the Constitution means nothing to them, and they'll pass what ever they feel like, knowing there's zero push back from the population.

• Agree 3

5 minutes ago, BigGuns said:

At this point, the Constitution means nothing to them, and they'll pass what ever they feel like, knowing there's zero push back from the population.

Within 10 mins of Bucky signing the bill, a lawsuit opposing it was dropped. 

I’d call that pushback.

2 minutes ago, Displaced Texan said:

Within 10 mins of Bucky signing the bill, a lawsuit opposing it was dropped. 

I’d call that pushback.

How many other lawsuits were filed for all the other unconstitutional laws that were passed? Where are they in the foodchain?

1 minute ago, BigGuns said:

How many other lawsuits were filed for all the other unconstitutional laws that were passed? Where are they in the foodchain?

I haven’t kept up with all of them. 

But if you’re not happy with what’s being done, you’re free to file your own suits instead of just bitching and complaining. 

• Agree 1

16 minutes ago, Displaced Texan said:

I haven’t kept up with all of them. 

But if you’re not happy with what’s being done, you’re free to file your own suits instead of just bitching and complaining. 

Nice adult response.

I'm asking the question. You claim you lived in NJ for 20 years. What other gun laws that were signed into law were later overturned? Stop being so over emotional and think logically. You're an engineer, I believe.

The 15 round law was passed back in the 1990s I think. Not repealed. The 10 round law passed in early 2018. Not repealed. The evil features on ARs were passed. Still not overturned. The whole overburdened FID process and P2P process is still law. All the other BS gun laws regarding transportation, ammo, etc. is still in force and not overturned.

Hell, this whole process of applying for a PTC is a total overburdened nightmare. I can send in one page form to another state and get a PTC, and I don't even live there.

So yes, everyone hopes this current disaster of a law is overturned, but looking at past history and success of other lawsuits, please feel free to tell me what other laws were overruled in our favor in the past decade or two.

3 minutes ago, BigGuns said:

... feel free to tell me what other laws were overruled in our favor in the past decade or two.

Transport deviations, 180 day permits, non-NFA Firearms, and AOWs.

35 minutes ago, BigGuns said:

Nice adult response.

I'm asking the question. You claim you lived in NJ for 20 years. What other gun laws that were signed into law were later overturned? Stop being so over emotional and think logically. You're an engineer, I believe.

The 15 round law was passed back in the 1990s I think. Not repealed. The 10 round law passed in early 2018. Not repealed. The evil features on ARs were passed. Still not overturned. The whole overburdened FID process and P2P process is still law. All the other BS gun laws regarding transportation, ammo, etc. is still in force and not overturned.

Hell, this whole process of applying for a PTC is a total overburdened nightmare. I can send in one page form to another state and get a PTC, and I don't even live there.

So yes, everyone hopes this current disaster of a law is overturned, but looking at past history and success of other lawsuits, please feel free to tell me what other laws were overruled in our favor in the past decade or two.

Please remember when one looks for gun laws being overturned, you have to look at laws that are post- Heller, McDonald and now Bruen. Again, Chicago had a lot of their post McDonald laws overturned. Bruen has given a new standard to be applied . 

Lol. I’d say you’re guilty of the emotional response…from your recent posts, your panties seem to be the ones in a twist. Honestly, it’s hard to blame you for being demoralized, that’s exactly the effect Murphy and the Dems want to have on you. 
They want you to see the process as overwhelming, and give up. 

Don’t give them the satisfaction. 

There haven’t been many NJ gun laws that were overturned when I lived there (2000-2021) I can recall, nothing major anyways. PK90 pointed out a few, I was not aware of the 180 day permits. 

The Bruen decision of 6 months ago, paved a lot of ground for overturning unconstitutional gun laws, including this new mess of shit y’all are going through. 
It will take time, and money, to get these suits to court and overturn these laws, but they will be overturned. 

You can either be a part of the solution, or part of the problem in making that happen. 

Are you actively engaging your representatives, donating money/time to GOA/ANJRPC/etc, organizing rallies, or are you pissing and whining on an internet gun forum that no one is doing anything to defend your rights? 

Which one best describes you? 

Don’t be emotional about your answer, be honest with yourself. Acting like a smart ass to me doesn’t ruffle my feathers a bit, but it’s energy you could be expending actually doing something that will help you and your fellow gun owners in NJ. 

I’ve plainly stated what my involvement is, what are YOU doing? 

I sincerely hope you make the decision to quit bitching, and get yourself involved. 

7 hours ago, Displaced Texan said:

Seems to be a pretty comprehensive brief. 

I hope the plaintiffs show the court how other states define sensitive places vs how NJ does. 

For example, in Texas, like many other states, we cannot carry (with LTC or permit less) in courts, schools (universities, and school resources officers excepted), polling places, racetracks (this I find odd), bars (places that derive more than 51% of income from serving alcohol), secured areas of airports (federal requirement), professional sporting events, correctional facilities, and within 1000’ of a TDCJ execution (again, a prison facility). 

Most other states have the same or similar requirements. 

Nearby Pennsylvania allows carry in schools if you are licensed, as do Connecticut and Delaware. 

1 hour ago, BigGuns said:

Nice adult response.

I'm asking the question. You claim you lived in NJ for 20 years. What other gun laws that were signed into law were later overturned?

If you were denied a PTC, you're now entitled to a hearing and due process. 

47 minutes ago, RadioGunner said:

If you were denied a PTC, you're now entitled to a hearing and due process. 

Don’t forget that one no longer has to prove a reason to have a carry permit. How many people here could legally carry in NJ before Bruen ?  Or even realistically even apply for a carry permit with a real chance of it being granted before Bruen ? I could only because of LEOSA ( a federal law). 

2 minutes ago, 1LtCAP said:

of course not. and i'll bet that less than a half dozen ranges get said approval. god only knows how many instructors....

I'm not so sure it will be that onerous. NJSP could have made it really difficult to get the training required for an initial FPIC and what did they do? They set up a slide show your have to sit through.

As they say, don't borrow trouble.