M1152

NJ LAWMAKERS ANNOUNCE PLANS TO DESTROY RIGHT TO CARRY

4 minutes ago, Fawkesguy said:

Sadly, at this point, I think it's pretty much guaranteed.  Does anyone actually believe he received 80+ million votes in 2020?

Hell no...That's the point! Without honest elections, there is nothing left!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, DirtyDigz said:

Outfuckingstanding!

(But stand by for the appeal, and the real fight). 

Oh, and FPM

27 minutes ago, DirtyDigz said:

As soon as we see the order it should mean that the following are no longer illegal:

Carry on body in car Slam dunk
Carry on private property WITHOUT prior consent As long as property is not posted
Carry in Bars/Restaurants where alcohol is served  As long as property is not posted
Carry in Entertainment Facilities  As long as property is privately owned and not posted
Carry in Public libraries/museums. GRAY - Can state and cities prohibit CC in public places?

Clarification and a question.

Can CC be prohibited in public funded places, excluding court houses, prisons etc.  i.e. parks, libraries, parks where entertainment is performed?

Does this ruling revert NJ CC the way it was [pre Bruen] when only the politically connected elite could carry?

District Court issues TRO in Koons, CNJFO, et al v. Reynolds, orders expedited briefing on Preliminary Injunction.

January 9, 2023 - In a 60 page opinion, US District Court Judge, Renee Marie Bumb today issued a Temporary Restraining Order (TRO) enjoining NJ from enforcing sections of the carry-killer bill, A4769.

BUMB, United States District Judge

As set forth in the accompanying Opinion of today’s date, Plaintiffs have made the requisite showing for emergent temporary relief. As such, the Plaintiffs’ Motion for a Temporary Restraining Order is GRANTED, and the Court RESERVES its decision as to the Plaintiffs’ Motion for a Preliminary Injunction. [Docket No. 8.] Accordingly, IT IS on this 9th day of January 2023 ORDERED that Defendants, as well as their officers, agents, servants, employees, and attorneys (and any other persons in active concert or participation with them) are TEMPORARILY RESTRAINED from enforcing the following provisions of Chapter 131 of the 2022 Laws of New Jersey: Section 7(a), subparts 12, 15, 17, and 24, and Subsection 7(b)(1); and it is further

ORDERED that Plaintiffs are EXCUSED from giving security; and it is further

ORDERED that this Temporary Restraining Order shall REMAIN IN EFFECT pending a hearing and ruling on Plaintiffs’ motion for a preliminary injunction [Docket No. 8]; and it is further

ORDERED that the parties shall meet and confer regarding an expedited discovery and briefing schedule for Plaintiffs’ preliminary injunction motion and propose such schedule to the Court within three (3) business days from the date hereof.

Judge Bumb's order comes just 4 days after attorneys for plaintiffs Firearms Policy Coalition (FPC), Second Amendment Foundation (SAF),  Coalition of New Jersey Firearm Owners (CNJFO), and New Jersey Second Amendment Society (NJ2AS) appeared in oral arguments in US District Court. The Court has also ordered that parties provide the Court with an expedited schedule on the motion for a preliminary injunction.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, DirtyDigz said:

I feel very confident that this bill is navigating within the boundaries of constitutional guidelines and decisions. I am 100,000% confident this bill is constitutionally defendable.

15 minutes ago, DirtyDigz said:

- Joe Danielsen 11/21/2022

His statement aged like the finest milk.  :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, JackDaWack said:

Imagine passing a law and having it struck down within a "week". 

Really is a straight slap to the face. 

Yep.  I think today was only the 5th day in which courts were in session since Murphy signed the bill, and just the second business day for the court since the hearing on the request for a TRO.  That must be close to a record.

I could hear the sound of the bitch slap clear up here.

• Haha 1

ANJRPC Siegel case Hearing Notes (taken from reddit)

Siegel TRO hearing now Thursday 130pm, they will also argue the consolidation push by the state.

Judge Williams ordered all revised briefs to be submitted by 8pm Wednesday. She ordered simultaneous briefing by ANJRPC and the State. She will not review anything until after Wednesday 8pm. She said the court (she) does not work past 6pm. Lol. Looks like she will be reading the briefs Thursday AM and prepping for 130 hearing.

The TRO briefings will be amended to reflect anything from Koons TRO and Range Case.

The Range Case is no longer good law and state relied on it in several aspect of their original TRO opposition briefing.

She will not let this matter go into this week.

Judge Williams said Koons TRO has material impact on this case.

Judge Williams wants to fully study the Bumb ruling and the Range Case Matter.

Judge Williams didn’t think the law went into effect until July 2023, Dan Schmutter explained to her most of the law is in place and thousands of people constitutional rights are being violated and that his case is far broader than the Koons matter.

I didn’t think Judge Williams was that prepared for the hearing, but I also don’t think it was coincidence the TRO by Bumb was filed at 930. I think she knew it was coming and would give her time, also think she really wants to make sure she is ruling again a much more senior Judge Bumb.

Angela Cai, was there with the assistant AG. Several other AG office staff there. All looked under 25 years old.

From what we know, Judge Williams has to rule on the consolidation as was first case in, but unsure if she has to also take the case. I believe Judge Williams could agree to consolidate but then Bumb could be the Judge. Dan Schumutter wasn’t sure and needed to see if was procedural just for William To rules, but Bumb could take the case.

• Informative 2

15 minutes ago, Krdshrk said:

ANJRPC Siegel case Hearing Notes (taken from reddit)

Siegel TRO hearing now Thursday 130pm, they will also argue the consolidation push by the state.

Judge Williams ordered all revised briefs to be submitted by 8pm Wednesday. She ordered simultaneous briefing by ANJRPC and the State. She will not review anything until after Wednesday 8pm. She said the court (she) does not work past 6pm. Lol. Looks like she will be reading the briefs Thursday AM and prepping for 130 hearing.

The TRO briefings will be amended to reflect anything from Koons TRO and Range Case.

The Range Case is no longer good law and state relied on it in several aspect of their original TRO opposition briefing.

She will not let this matter go into this week.

Judge Williams said Koons TRO has material impact on this case.

Judge Williams wants to fully study the Bumb ruling and the Range Case Matter.

Judge Williams didn’t think the law went into effect until July 2023, Dan Schmutter explained to her most of the law is in place and thousands of people constitutional rights are being violated and that his case is far broader than the Koons matter.

I didn’t think Judge Williams was that prepared for the hearing, but I also don’t think it was coincidence the TRO by Bumb was filed at 930. I think she knew it was coming and would give her time, also think she really wants to make sure she is ruling again a much more senior Judge Bumb.

Angela Cai, was there with the assistant AG. Several other AG office staff there. All looked under 25 years old.

From what we know, Judge Williams has to rule on the consolidation as was first case in, but unsure if she has to also take the case. I believe Judge Williams could agree to consolidate but then Bumb could be the Judge. Dan Schumutter wasn’t sure and needed to see if was procedural just for William To rules, but Bumb could take the case.

So they did appear in court, but judge moved it to Thursday? 

2 minutes ago, Mike77 said:

So they did appear in court, but judge moved it to Thursday? 

Correct - in light of the FPC/SAF/CNJFO/NJ2AS case's TRO + the Range v US AG case (What NJ is relying on to make their case), Judge Williams is re-reviewing the case as the TRO has direct impact.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, revenger said:

I didn't see this news posted on the NJOAG website yet in the media section,  they are hair trigger to post stuff violating rights yet they delay posting this,   I dont get it     this victory for Americans should be front and center

Because "they" don't want you to have guns, let alone carry guns.

• Agree 2