M1152

NJ LAWMAKERS ANNOUNCE PLANS TO DESTROY RIGHT TO CARRY

1 hour ago, Cheflife15 said:

Can we get a sticky with this info? I'm having a hard time even keeping up with what's legal and what's not. 

11 minutes ago, Mrs. Peel said:

OK, I'll do what I can without you! 

Now that you've ducked out of work, you better bring me some swag from the show.  ;)

I added this here - please let me know if anything else is needed to be added or changed.

And of course, you'll be getting some swag!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Mrs. Peel said:

OK, I'll do what I can without you! 

Now that you've ducked out of work, you better bring me some swag from the show.  ;)

I have a crime scene cleanup tote bag you can have.  Perfect for going to Shop Rite!!!

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

52 minutes ago, Mrs. Peel said:

I think we'll know a lot more after tomorrow - whether these TWO cases with some overlap are being consolidated or not.

I suspect it will take a few days for any decision to come out. The TRO took from Thursday to Monday and that was fast. If we get something early next week That will be good. I don't think the judges want to get this wrong - SCOTUS is watching.

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Mr.Stu said:

I suspect it will take a few days for any decision to come out. The TRO took from Thursday to Monday and that was fast. If we get something early next week That will be good. I don't think the judges want to get this wrong - SCOTUS is watching.

I'm sure there will be plenty of arm chair quarterbacking going on again. We might have an idea of how favorable a ruling we may ultimately see by sometime Friday. Of course, today is a different Judge, she may not be as readable as Judge Bumb seemed to be. Didn't Judge Williams also say she was not going to let this drag out? Or was that comment only with regards to the delay she placed on the hearing due to Judge Bumb's ruling being issued Monday?

At any rate, I remain cautiously optimistic. 

10 hours ago, Krdshrk said:

Maks and I will be at SHOT Show all next week as well so we're fairly tied up.

Good luck at SHOT. I just came back from Vegas (CES). Stayed downtown at Plaza rather than the strip. Smell of weed everywhere now. 

11 hours ago, Mrs. Peel said:

In the meantime, in related coverage - I think someone mentioned (upthread?) that the Star-Ledger had posted a VERY snarky and incredibly disdainful article about 2A rights in NJ in light of the recent TRO. Link to the editorial here: http://thf-legal.s3.amazonaws.com/Star Ledger 2A Curse Article.pdf

"Now imagine a world where we didn’t have to struggle with this."

------

Always dreaming, aren't "they?"

Alito and Thomas encourage opponents of gun control laws to keep pressure on the courts (msn.com)

“Justices of the Supreme Court, as distinguished as they may be, are not trained historians,” wrote Reeves, a Barack Obama appointee who sits on the US District Court for the Southern District of Mississippi.

“And we are not experts in what white, wealthy and male property owners thought about firearms regulation in 1791,” Reeves added.

------

:facepalm:

1 hour ago, CMJeepster said:

Alito and Thomas encourage opponents of gun control laws to keep pressure on the courts (msn.com)

“Justices of the Supreme Court, as distinguished as they may be, are not trained historians,” wrote Reeves, a Barack Obama appointee who sits on the US District Court for the Southern District of Mississippi.

“And we are not experts in what white, wealthy and male property owners thought about firearms regulation in 1791,” Reeves added.

------

:facepalm:

Guess this guy can’t read, gun control originated in the South after the civil war, specifically to keep the freedmen unarmed.

• Haha 1

Todays hearing will be held in front of Judge Karen Williams that is a Biden appointee.  Needless to say I am not optimistic that a far left Democrat is going to stay the TRO decision. IMO, the cases will be combined and the law will stand for now and be brought before the third circuit court of appeals for a final decision on this egregious Unconstitutional  law. I hope that I am wrong about this.

8 minutes ago, gunforhire said:

Siegal has been Consolidated into the Koons Case. Notes coming Soon

Exactly as expected .Now I expect Judge Williams can and will rescind the TRO that was issued on the Koons case. Then we go to the 3rd circuit court of appeals. Murphy is already out there bragging how they are keeping guns out of sensitive places for us but not for him.

1 minute ago, DAHL said:

Exactly as expected .Now I expect Judge Williams can and will rescind the TRO that was issued on the Koons case. Then we go to the 3rd circuit court of appeals. Murphy is already out there bragging how they are keeping guns out of sensitive places for us but not for him.

Not a lawyer... But williams consolidating into Koons means it's Judge Bumbs to decide, how can she rescind her TRO if it was never hers to rescind? I could be wrong. 

• Agree 3

2 minutes ago, EngineerJet said:

Not a lawyer... But williams consolidating into Koons means it's Judge Bumbs to decide, how can she rescind her TRO if it was never hers to rescind? I could be wrong. 

2 minutes ago, EngineerJet said:

Not a lawyer... But williams consolidating into Koons means it's Judge Bumbs to decide. 

That's how I interpret it as well. 

1 minute ago, xXxplosive said:

seems like an unusual move by Williams to me.........omo.

Totally makes sense to me.

(non-political take)

Punt to the judge who has already done the work and issued an opinion on the majority of the issues.

(political take)

Punt to the judge who is apparently willing to stick their neck out on an unpopular issue, and get it off your future resume.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1