M1152

NJ LAWMAKERS ANNOUNCE PLANS TO DESTROY RIGHT TO CARRY

https://www.cnn.com/2022/10/24/politics/supreme-court-lindsey-graham-clarence-thomas/index.html

If Lindsey Graham can ask for relief from the SC and it happens almost instantly why do we always have to wait for ever,   If my research was accurate it looks as if Samuel Alito handles emergency requests from the 3rd circuit and he sided with Thomas on the Bruen case.

• Informative 1

1 hour ago, 1LtCAP said:

the amendments were written by retired leo????? how the f is that even legal????

I bet we'd all be really outraged if we found out who really wrote the original bill.

Based on their apparent lack of knowledge on the bill details, I'm guessing it's NOT the sponsors.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Walkinguf61 said:

What admendments were written by the retired LEO? Do you have a link of what they were and were the admendments passed? 

listen to the audio. they mentioned it. i dunno the timestamp because i was doing an estimate while listening.

also, i noted that it seemed to be 2 dissenters to the bill with the amendments, and both of those got cut short. as in......one of them the lady was told not to answer his question.

My favorite part is when he says his sister flew, because hes a fucking moron and wouldn't be able to fly a cardboard box in his imagination. Second favorite part is when he said he had to map out his flights and needed to know where restricted airspace was. The difference is that by default airspace isn't restricted and so when mapping a trip with a firearm, i need to know where I CAN carry since default carry is now going to be restricted. I'm surprised no one said that. They keep asking him where CAN one carry and he keeps saying its not his job to tell you where you CAN. Ok, but you brought up so dumb airplane story which again default airspace ISN'T restricted. Fuck man, its like running through a maze blind for these dolts. 

2 hours ago, 1LtCAP said:

listen to the audio. they mentioned it. i dunno the timestamp because i was doing an estimate while listening.

also, i noted that it seemed to be 2 dissenters to the bill with the amendments, and both of those got cut short. as in......one of them the lady was told not to answer his question.

I did. It sounds like the bill sponsor was not going for what the retired officers representive was asking for 

1 hour ago, CMJeepster said:

All animals are equal but some animals are more equal than others.

Yep. And if you listen, the bill sponsor was talking he said it was nothing to do with the second admendment when exceptions were asked for. 
And when the bill sponsee questioned another hearing , he couldn’t answer the question as to where one could carry. It won’t survive the court challenge. 

4 minutes ago, 1LtCAP said:

just re-listened. go to the 12:00 mark. actual comment i mentioned comes around 12:16

I listened to it. The bill’s sponsor is full of it as usual. The speaker had to be informed of that by the sponsor who is being misleading in how it actually happened. He is not working with retired guys to fix the bill but rather he got a critique from an active guy who wanted a provision for his active guys. No way did a retired guy approve of that exemption for section 24 . The speaker was trying to get the sponsor  to change it. That’s why I was asking for the latest revision to see if they did. 

I don't know if anyone has pointed this out, and if they did I missed it. But this bill raises the fee for a P2P from $2 to $25. So every handgun you purchase will cost you an extra $25.

Might be time to file for another six.

Effin geniuses...

https://www.anjrpc.org/page/BOMBSHELLCarryKillerBillBansWAYMoreThanGuns

BOMBSHELL: CARRY-KILLER BILL
BANS WAY MORE THAN HANDGUNS

Bans Hundreds of Common Tools Used Throughout Society

Bans Knives in Restaurants, Scalpels in Hospitals, Utility Knives Everywhere

Bans Axes, Hammers, Screwdrivers, Nail Guns, Heavy Tools

Bans Baseball Bats, Hockey Sticks, Golf Clubs

Bans Mops, Brooms, Bricks, Lumber

Bans Chainsaws, Free Weights, Tire Irons

Bans Pens & Pencils

Bans Anything That Can Be Misused to Inflict Serious Harm

1 hour ago, DirtyDigz said:

That stuff doesn’t work with them. We have to explain it in terms they can understand. You get a permit to carry because of a threat or potential threat against you. Tell them , to put themselves in your shoes where you don’t have a police detail to protect them. 
Now, ask them to carry an empty holster for two weeks  and see if they could carry that gun with all the restrictions that NJ is proposing . I don’t think they could do it without a violation of it somewhere,

For example, having to go inside to ask the person permission to have your gun, they would be in violation just walking in to ask that permission or parking the car in the parking lot to ask. How about the parking lot that is shared by multiple businesses? Do you have to get permission from all of them ? Or the owner of the strip mall themselves? 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Mike77 said:

I listed to the most recent GFH podcast. There are already suits and TROs ready to go If & When this passes. As explained, even if it is passed, the TRO and suits will keep it null & void until this is dropped in courts.

Two things, the TRO has a good chance but it’s NOT a slam-dump. And if you listened to the entire episode you also heard Mr C said donate because the legal battles aren’t free. So just a friendly reminder to throw a few bucks at the local 2A orgs

6 minutes ago, FXDX said:

Two things, the TRO has a good chance but it’s NOT a slam-dump. And if you listened to the entire episode you also heard Mr C said donate because the legal battles aren’t free. So just a friendly reminder to throw a few bucks at the local 2A orgs

Unfortunately, I didn't.....it was my "podcast to fall asleep to"...lol....didn't make it to the end. 

4 hours ago, Walkinguf61 said:

That stuff doesn’t work with them. We have to explain it in terms they can understand. You get a permit to carry because of a threat or potential threat against you. Tell them , to put themselves in your shoes where you don’t have a police detail to protect them. 
Now, ask them to carry an empty holster for two weeks  and see if they could carry that gun with all the restrictions that NJ is proposing . I don’t think they could do it without a violation of it somewhere,

For example, having to go inside to ask the person permission to have your gun, they would be in violation just walking in to ask that permission or parking the car in the parking lot to ask. How about the parking lot that is shared by multiple businesses? Do you have to get permission from all of them ? Or the owner of the strip mall themselves? 

They don't care. Bloomberg money will buy them re-election. That's all they care about.

• Thanks 1

Just for information sake,

The state PBA was actually against the lawsuit for NJ resident retired cops to be able to carry hollowpoints on LEOSA. It was the FOP who initiated that lawsuit. The State PBA speaks only for active state troopers and not for the majority of law enforcement. Frankly , state troopers in general  don’t have the same experiences as city/suburban officers who routinely answer 911 calls as their primary duty. They just don’t deal with the same volume of calls.

I would like to point out that we haven’t heard from any minority retired police officers. These lawmakers tend to live and travel in non crime areas and it might not be advisable for some retired cops to be forced to identify themselves as former police officers especially in certain restaurants if they don’t want extra spit in their food . Or let certain people know they have a gun so they become a target .