M1152

NJ LAWMAKERS ANNOUNCE PLANS TO DESTROY RIGHT TO CARRY

16 hours ago, nooch450 said:

I have spent tons of time thinking about this subject, stopping this type of radical behavior all circles back to the need of personal accountability.  I am all open ears if you have other ideas. 

I have other ideas, but can't post them here.

The "normal" system won't stop it, which is why people need to think out of the box.

15 minutes ago, CMJeepster said:

Can someone direct me to the archive page so that when it's over I can go listen to it?  I'm actually tied up with work right now.  TIA!

Meh, I would say don't waste your time. 

The legislature are just paying lip service, they(dems) have widely defended every aspect of it. 

23 minutes ago, DirtyDigz said:

I disagree - the Pro-2A testimony is great on this one, and I think they may actually be making some inroads.

All of the testimony for approval of the bill are very weak. I cant believe no one on the opposed side has said the FBI just had to fix their survey where it shows that CCW states end up stopping mass shooters and these areas are better for it.

16 minutes ago, ATFspymen said:

All of the testimony for approval of the bill are very weak. I cant belive no one on the opposed side has said the FBI just had to fix there survey where it shows that CCW states endup stop mads shooters and these areas are better for it

That goes against "their" narrative.

6 minutes ago, DirtyDigz said:

Yup, but there was some great testimony.

The PBA rep explicitly stating "This bans carry everywhere" will be nice in the lawsuit.

Hopefully what Scott Bauch said in the recent gun for hire radio podcast. That they will be able to het a swift TRO & Prelim Injunction that statement will be great to include ur right lol PBA rep was like yeah Nobody will be able to carry when this goes through.

New Jersey legislature is a bunch of clowns (nj1015.com)

"In its current form, this absurd bill would ban a lot more than guns and anything that would be considered to be used as a weapon.

In their zeal to smother your right to legally protect yourself with firearms the bill as written now can be interpreted this way. It…

• Bans Hundreds of Common Tools Used Throughout Society
  • Bans Knives in Restaurants, Scalpels in Hospitals, Utility Knives Everywhere
  • Bans Axes, Hammers, Screwdrivers, Nail Guns, Heavy Tools
  • Bans Baseball Bats, Hockey Sticks, Golf Clubs
  • Bans Mops, Brooms, Bricks, Lumber
  • Bans Chainsaws, Free Weights, Tire Irons
  • Bans Pens & Pencils
  • Bans Anything That Can Be Misused to Inflict Serious Harm"

------

Food for thought.  These morons really don't know what the hell they're doing.

Hopefully things like 

19 hours ago, nooch450 said:

From what I understand qualified immunity only goes so far... Their protection is in fact there but is limited at some point. For example Article 1 Section 6 of the US Constitution says "They shall in all Cases, except Treason, Felony and Breach of the Peace, be privileged from Arrest during their Attendance at the Session of their respective Houses, and in going to and returning from the same; and for any Speech or Debate in either House, they shall not be questioned in any other Place." A felony offence is considered "a crime of high seriousness" meaning not a misdemeanor. Depriving civil rights from thousands of citizens is extremely serious in my opinion. In fact it can be argued that this type of felony offence is substantially worst than a lot of other examples.

The qualified immunity is basically for any speech or law proposed or passed. The qualifiers are for actions taken on the house or senate floor.

14 minutes ago, CMJeepster said:

New Jersey legislature is a bunch of clowns (nj1015.com)

"In its current form, this absurd bill would ban a lot more than guns and anything that would be considered to be used as a weapon.

In their zeal to smother your right to legally protect yourself with firearms the bill as written now can be interpreted this way. It…

• Bans Hundreds of Common Tools Used Throughout Society
  • Bans Knives in Restaurants, Scalpels in Hospitals, Utility Knives Everywhere
  • Bans Axes, Hammers, Screwdrivers, Nail Guns, Heavy Tools
  • Bans Baseball Bats, Hockey Sticks, Golf Clubs
  • Bans Mops, Brooms, Bricks, Lumber
  • Bans Chainsaws, Free Weights, Tire Irons
  • Bans Pens & Pencils
  • Bans Anything That Can Be Misused to Inflict Serious Harm"

------

That's fixed with a recent amendment.  It's no longer "weapons", now it's "firearms and destructive devices".

• Informative 1

18 minutes ago, CMJeepster said:

Neither does the moron majority in this state that keeps electing them. My confidence is not high.

• Agree 1

FPC is looking for Plaintiffs for when the idiots pass this and Bucky signs it. I got this in an email. 

FPC Law is seeking New Jersey residents to join our upcoming challenge to the pending Bruen Response Measures currently being considered by the legislature, A.4769 and S.3214.

If you meet the following criteria, please contact us immediately at 2AHotline.com

• Resident of New Jersey
  • Already a carry permit holder
  • Clean Criminal and Mental Health Records
  • Willing to participate in litigation against the state of New Jersey

Please provide as much information as possible in your 2AHotline.com response and a member of the FPC Legal team will reach out to you shortly!

Stay free,

Firearms Policy Coalition

4 minutes ago, DirtyDigz said:

The recording of the 11:00 am Senate Law and Public Safety Committee testimony (including Scott Bach's "Fire and Ash" testimony) is up:

https://www.njleg.state.nj.us/archived-media/2022/SLP-meeting-list/media-player?committee=SLP&agendaDate=2022-10-27-11:00:00&agendaType=M&av=A

Timestamp for Scott?

3 hours ago, DirtyDigz said:

Per NJ Court rep - they received 1,500 PTC applications in August.

They estimate they'll receive a total of 11,000 by 2022 year end.

So where is the 300k PTC applications number coming from!?

• Bruen was June 23rd
  • Took everyone at least a month to get their quals done and fill out the form so that's the end of July.
  • The PD's get 60 days and some are taking longer so that's the end of September before permits started hitting the courts.
  • Not surprised there were only 1500 in August.   Giving the stats for August is intentionally misleading.

Haven't seen any other source for this yet, but hot damn if true:

https://thelakewoodscoop.com/news/breaking-concealed-carry-restriction-bill-pulled-from-voting-session/

New Jersey Assembly Speaker Craig Coughlin just announced that further discussion and a vote on the controversial Concealed Carry Restriction bill, will be suspended from the schedule.

The bill, which was moving swiftly through the Legislature, has drawn criticism from Republicans who said it was too vague and far reaching.

Sources in Trenton tell TLS that they still expect the bill to reach the governor’s desk eventually but will be amended to clarify some of the current bill’s language.

However, Republicans were quick to celebrate, with Assemblyman Kevin Rooney (R-Wyckoff) calling a “victory for lawful firearm owners and for common sense gun legislation.”

7 minutes ago, DirtyDigz said:

However, Republicans were quick to celebrate, with Assemblyman Kevin Rooney (R-Wyckoff) calling a “victory for lawful firearm owners and for common sense gun legislation.”

Explain how this is a victory?

7 minutes ago, Mike77 said:

Explain how this is a victory?

A "fast track" bill that was touted as going to sail through the legislative process and become law is now apparently being slow walked.

The slower it moves, the less chance it has of becoming law.

Still looking for some other source to confirm aside from "Lakewood Scoop".