M1152

NJ LAWMAKERS ANNOUNCE PLANS TO DESTROY RIGHT TO CARRY

3 hours ago, DirtyDigz said:

image.png.ade210190d329e728ebf854a865893a6.png

"Dear Moms: The Gun Free School Zone act made all schools 'sensitive places'. 100% of school shootings take place in Gun Free School Zones. What makes you think this law will more than 0% effective?"

If I was still a reporter that's the question I would have asked them. But asking questions like that is why I'm not a reporter any more.

• Like 3
  • Agree 1

11 hours ago, 45Doll said:

"Dear Moms: The Gun Free School Zone act made all schools 'sensitive places'. 100% of school shootings take place in Gun Free School Zones. What makes you think this law will more than 0% effective?"

Signs work, bro!  Students, adult bring 3 guns to chaotic NJ school fight, cops say (nj1015.com) :facepalm:

• Like 1

The NJ State Senate passes controversial concealed handgun bill (nj1015.com)

"State Sen. Tony Bucco, R-Morris, said the legislation lacks common sense because it requires right-to-carry permit holders to get a special type of insurance that is not offered yet by any insurance company.

State Senator Ed Durr, R-Gloucester, said the bill denies domestic violence victims the right to defend themselves, and he believes voting in favor of it is a violation of the oath taken by state senators in New Jersey."

------

I'm adding them to my Christmas card list.

• Informative 1

1 hour ago, Fred2 said:

Just a thought, but would this bill have made the floor if Sweeney and not Durr was  a Senator?

Yes. Why do you think otherwise? Sweeney became increasingly anti gun toward the bitter end. Even moreso when the recall took place (and failed) and when protesters showed up at his house.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, CMJeepster said:

Read the end of that article.  This is the reason these motherfuckers have no fear of getting caught.  "Valdez will seek PRETRIAL DETENTION".  What ever happened to the Graves Act that says 3-5 years AUTOMATIC for crime with a gun?  Fuck these prosecutors.  I hope they wallow in their own shit...which is happening right now.

• Agree 2

8 minutes ago, Tunaman said:

Read the end of that article.  This is the reason these motherfuckers have no fear of getting caught.  "Valdez will seek PRETRIAL DETENTION".  What ever happened to the Graves Act that says 3-5 years AUTOMATIC for crime with a gun?  Fuck these prosecutors.  I hope they wallow in their own shit...which is happening right now.

The Graves Act is only used when good people like Shaneen Allen make a dumb mistake!

9 minutes ago, samiam said:

Sweeney was a major RINO and getting worse over the years. He was playing nice with the Norcrosses for crying out loud.

Politicians only care about themselves.

He may have thought that flipping the bird the the Supreme Court is a bridge too far.

The bill also has an entire list of State Hires that need NO permit...only a "card" from the Superintendent".  We pay thes assholes salary and they make laws to exempt only themselves.  I hope they get their asses sued for violating peoples constitutional rights.

• Agree 2

18 hours ago, 10X said:

With the language of the bill now finalized, the request for an injunction should be ready to file the minute Murphy signs it. 

If I remember correctly, didn't Clarence Thomas in the Bruen decision state there was some legality in letting states decide sensitive areas? But he didn't define exactly where. So, the states decided to just go for the fence, and go for broke. Then the courts, with the injunction, might remove a few and a compromise will be worked out, leaving most areas still sensitive.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, samiam said:

Sweeney was a major RINO and getting worse over the years. He was playing nice with the Norcrosses for crying out loud.

Sweeney didn't run under the R banner. He was a Dem through and through. So not a RINO at all.

• Agree 3

1 hour ago, BigGuns said:

If I remember correctly, didn't Clarence Thomas in the Bruen decision state there was some legality in letting states decide sensitive areas? But he didn't define exactly where. So, the states decided to just go for the fence, and go for broke. Then the courts, with the injunction, might remove a few and a compromise will be worked out, leaving most areas still sensitive.

i'd be more concerned with the other stuff than this for now....like the insurance requirement, added cost and training.

• Agree 1

9 minutes ago, samiam said:

We therefore can assume it settled that  these locations were “sensitive places” where arms carrying could be prohibited consistent with the Second Amendment. And courts can use analogies to those historical regulations of “sensitive places” to determine that modern regulations prohibiting the carry of firearms in new and analogous sensitive places are constitutionally permissible.

He opened the door a crack, and the Democrats kicked it full open.

3 hours ago, Tunaman said:

The bill also has an entire list of State Hires that need NO permit...only a "card" from the Superintendent".  We pay thes assholes salary and they make laws to exempt only themselves.  I hope they get their asses sued for violating peoples constitutional rights.

Who are you calling an asshole? You make it appear you are calling people like correction officers and other LE assholes who have nothing to do with this law. “ We pay [your] salary “BS I can respond to now that I am retired. I am more than happy to give people their twenty five cents back if it means they all have to shut up.

Just because some professions can carry doesn’t mean you should take it out on them . It has the opposite effect of what you want. I’m immune to most of this BS and carry without a NJ permit in NJ. And I still send money to the fight against these laws in NJ. Talk like that makes me want to take my ball and go home. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Walkinguf61 said:

Who are you calling an asshole? You make it appear you are calling people like correction officers and other LE assholes who have nothing to do with this law. “ We pay [your] salary “BS I can respond to now that I am retired. I am more than happy to give people their twenty five cents back if it means they all have to shut up.

Just because some professions can carry doesn’t mean you should take it out on them . It has the opposite effect of what you want. I’m immune to most of this BS and carry without a NJ permit in NJ. And I still send money to the fight against these laws in NJ. Talk like that makes me want to take my ball and go home. 

Specifically the Senators and assemblymen who wrote and voted for this bill.  This bill was also endorsed by the State PBA so I call them out too.  A little reading comprehension goes a long way.  If you didnt write it or support it then I still support you.

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, 1LtCAP said:

i'd be more concerned with the other stuff than this for now....like the insurance requirement, added cost and training.

The insurance is moot if you can't carry anywhere. The whole purpose of a carry permit is to carry and this bill removes your ability to carry.

7 hours ago, samiam said:

Sweeney was a major |strikeout: "RINO"; replace with "pandering political hypocrite"|  and getting worse over the years. He was playing nice with the Norcrosses for crying out loud.

Err, what?

When did we start calling democrats RINOs?

Why wouldn't a democrat play nice with.. another democrat?