M1152

NJ LAWMAKERS ANNOUNCE PLANS TO DESTROY RIGHT TO CARRY

41 minutes ago, BigGuns said:

This is what I see happening. It will drag for a long time, if it gets overturned, the Democrats will just pass something else. Or, they'll do just like the SAFE Act, throw out a crumb or two, and call it a day.

Did anyone really think the Democrats would just roll over, and allow Bruen to stand, unopposed?

Go look up how Chicago attempted the same thing . The federal circuit court threatened to turn the state into constitutional carry if they kept it up

https://www.ibtimes.com/short-history-chicagos-battles-courts-over-gun-control-1530100

Surprised no one noticed this yet? Those who have recieved or are in process to recieve their permit… are going to have until 10/1/23 to “comply with the new training requirements”…….

then I see 18 months in state prison if you don’t have an insurance policy that’s not offered by anyone in nj ….. was the insurance thing effective immediately once the fuhrer signed?  I didn’t see any future dates which seems like that would be immediate?  I’m only asking for those that are carrying that me be unknowingly in jeopardy of the life changing consequences 

A39D188B-0FC1-432D-AC1F-1FEF5CFE68C9.jpeg

CC08A21A-A3A2-4617-8D27-CA875C3E90AC.jpeg

48 minutes ago, 10X said:

I’m just here waiting for all of the fatalists to post their gun collections for sale at blowout prices. 

Agree. 

If you’re not willing to fight for your rights, just fucking head over to your nearest police station and turn your guns in to them. 

Quit being a fatalist. Quit rolling over on your back and giving up. Fucking stay in the fight. 

• Agree 2

Just now, Displaced Texan said:

Agree. 

If you’re not willing to fight for your rights, just fucking head over to your nearest police station and turn your guns in to them. 

Quit being a fatalist. Quit rolling over on your back and giving up. Fucking stay in the fight. 

Nahh don’t turn them into the police reach out to me and we can set up a time to meet at my ffl and I’ll take them off your hands for more than the popo lol

1 minute ago, pjd832 said:

Surprised no one noticed this yet? Those who have recieved or are in process to recieve their permit… are going to have until 10/1/23 to “comply with the new training requirements”…….

then I see 18 months in state prison if you don’t have an insurance policy that’s not offered by anyone in nj ….. was the insurance thing effective immediately once the fuhrer signed?  I didn’t see any future dates which seems like that would be immediate?  I’m only asking for those that are carrying that me be unknowingly in jeopardy of the life changing consequences 

A:  By July 1, 2023, the Superintendent of State Police must establish training requirements in the lawful and safe handling and storage of firearmswhich shall consist of an online course of instruction, in-person classroom instruction, and target training administered by a certified firearm instructor on a firing range approved by the Superintendent and on the list of approved ranges published on the State Police website.

This is complete horse****. If the state is done by this date I'd be amazed but now everyone is going to have to pay AGAIN to satisfy this ridiculous requirement, which also assumes the ranges are up to speed, approved, etc. And what are the odds that the new online component costs money too? Or they intentionally make the qual more difficult?

8 minutes ago, Xtors said:

A:  By July 1, 2023, the Superintendent of State Police must establish training requirements in the lawful and safe handling and storage of firearmswhich shall consist of an online course of instruction, in-person classroom instruction, and target training administered by a certified firearm instructor on a firing range approved by the Superintendent and on the list of approved ranges published on the State Police website.

This is complete horse****. If the state is done by this date I'd be amazed but now everyone is going to have to pay AGAIN to satisfy this ridiculous requirement, which also assumes the ranges are up to speed, approved, etc. And what are the odds that the new online component costs money too? Or they intentionally make the qual more difficult?

Yep that’s the plan just like all the old fpid/pistol permit crap to make it arduous and deter a lot of people from going through the process…..thereby reducing the expansion of ownership unlike other states where non gun owners could just walk in to a store on a whim do the 4473 get cleared and walkout with a firearm in under 10 mins 

18 minutes ago, Displaced Texan said:

I’m tired of the fatalists. Quit being a bitch, and fight. 

Directed at me? Or in general?

3 minutes ago, pjd832 said:

Yep that’s the plan just like all the old fpid/pistol permit crap to make it arduous and deter a lot of people from going through the process…..thereby reducing the expansion of ownership unlike other states where non gun owners could just walk in to a store on a whim do the 4473 get cleared and walkout with a firearm in under 10 mins 

Directed at me? Or in general?

In general 

3 hours ago, Indianajonze said:

who do you want to primary out? as far as i know every republican voted against this crap, and the dems are institutionalized. every one of them has a job for life if they want it, as do their families (see menendez)

3D chess.

Primary out one or two and they realize that their decisions have consequences. Especially if it comes as a surprise. 

Get a weak D and it opens the door for a strong R. You have to fight dirty. You aren’t going to necessarily get a dem who can win. You get a dem who will give you the result that you want. 

Give up and you’ve already lost. Move and watch the cancer spread. Bloomberg and friends want no guns anywhere except in his own security detail. You think you’re escaping it but it will just follow. 

• Agree 1

50 minutes ago, pjd832 said:

Apparently the insurance is already covered by some homeowners and umbrella policies. There never really was a ban on carry insurance just like there never was a ban on carry. There was strong discouragement and gatekeeping, so it was a de facto ban. Besides, the ban on “murder Insurance” is not a ban on liability insurance. It’s a ban on self defense insurance meaning covering your legal bills so the state can more easily fuck you over after a DGU. 

3 hours ago, DirtyDigz said:

And once the excitement over the current anti-carry law dies down, the cases to eliminate the 10 round mag limit and NJ's implementation of the AWB will be back in the spotlight, probably shortly followed by elimination of handgun purchase permits and NJ's stupid state-specific NICS delay.

Sorry we can't just snap our fingers and be Texas, but as a NJ gun owner it's a great time to be watching these walls come down.

Yes I don’t know if people realize this, but Bruen is exactly 6 months old today. In that 6 months many of us were able to legally carry in NJ for the first time. 

The mag ban, AWB and other cases were also GVRd - it got sent back down with a new set of instructions, based on Bruen. 

Bruen was pretty damned comprehensive. It addressed pretty much all of the dirty tricks that states like NY, NJ and CA would pull. Notice how Murphy, Danielson and the rest have to basically repeat over and over that their law is compatible with Bruen, as if they’re trying to convince someone. But you can tell they are forcing it, because even they know it’s unconstitutional. 

And now, not even when the ink is dry we get two very viable lawsuits. We also get a judge appointed by Biden to hear the TRO in a little over a week. That’s light speed for any court. 

Things are starting to turn, but it takes time. Being a defeatist is unhelpful. If you can’t help, donate or be a plaintiff, maybe just step aside and let those who can, get things done. 

6 minutes ago, RadioGunner said:

Things are starting to turn, but it takes time. Being a defeatist is unhelpful. If you can’t help, donate or be a plaintiff, maybe just step aside and let those who can, get things done. 

This. 

I say this over and over, but keep in the fight. We ALL need to stand together and show these bastards we will NOT accept our rights being trampled upon. 

Stand up. Fight. Don’t quit. Ever. 

20 minutes ago, RadioGunner said:

Yes I don’t know if people realize this, but Bruen is exactly 6 months old today. In that 6 months many of us were able to legally carry in NJ for the first time. 

The mag ban, AWB and other cases were also GVRd - it got sent back down with a new set of instructions, based on Bruen. 

Bruen was pretty damned comprehensive. It addressed pretty much all of the dirty tricks that states like NY, NJ and CA would pull. Notice how Murphy, Danielson and the rest have to basically repeat over and over that their law is compatible with Bruen, as if they’re trying to convince someone. But you can tell they are forcing it, because even they know it’s unconstitutional. 

And now, not even when the ink is dry we get two very viable lawsuits. We also get a judge appointed by Biden to hear the TRO in a little over a week. That’s light speed for any court. 

Didn’t a higher court rule that Connecticut’s or Rhode Island’s mag ban was constitutional ? And opined  that the second amendment doesn’t apply to accoutrements (mags, accessories, etc)?  And the word was that will start the roll on other states new mag bans and the existing ones to stand against challenge?

2 minutes ago, pjd832 said:

Didn’t a higher court rule that Connecticut’s mag ban was constitutional ? And opined  that the second amendment doesn’t apply to accoutrements (mags, accessories, etc)?  And the word was that will start the roll on other states new mag bans and the existing ones to stand against challenge?

I believe this was pre Bruen. If you read the text of Bruen, Thomas specifies historical bans…and mag bans/capacity limits are not historical. 

If the mag/AWB case makes it back to SCOTUS, I firmly believe Thomas will bitch slap the lower courts. 

10 minutes ago, Displaced Texan said:

I believe this was pre Bruen. If you read the text of Bruen, Thomas specifies historical bans…and mag bans/capacity limits are not historical. 

If the mag/AWB case makes it back to SCOTUS, I firmly believe Thomas will bitch slap the lower courts. 

I just went looking as I thought I might have heard an old clip.. but it was a us district court that rejected the tro on the mag ban that was passed back in June but seems the decision to reject was 12/14/22… here’s a link 

https://www.providencejournal.com/story/news/courts/2022/12/14/rhode-island-gun-magazine-high-capacity-ban-ruling-outcome-second-amendment-rights/69727765007/

12 minutes ago, Displaced Texan said:

I hope you are right on that and it doesn’t take them a decade to get there and/or by the time if gets there the sc doesn’t swing the opposite way since they have decided the people will swallow anything from importing terrorists…to stolen elections to outright treason and just keep paying taxes and going to work.

6 hours ago, 1LtCAP said:

so...i put mine in on the 22nd. they still only asked for a 50 buck money order. i'm guessing i'm gonna end up having to get them another 150, and i don't know how they're gonna handle the training part.......

The judge in this case was U.S. District Court Chief Judge John J. McConnell Jr. an Obama appointee!

He will not prevail against SCOTUS!

3 minutes ago, pjd832 said:

I hope you are right on that and it doesn’t take them a decade to get there and/or by the time if gets there the sc doesn’t swing the opposite way since they have decided the people will swallow anything from importing terrorists…to stolen elections to outright treason and just keep paying taxes and going to work.

I’m confident. 

And sorry I didn’t explain myself well…we have been making merry tonight…

But I firmly believe these unconstitutional laws will be overturned. Soon. 

To those who are feeling defeated or discouraged, this is exactly what the liberals want. They want you to quit. 
Show them you will NOT bow down. Show them you will NOT accept your rights being denied. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Walkinguf61 said:

Go look up how Chicago attempted the same thing . The federal circuit court threatened to turn the state into constitutional carry if they kept it up

https://www.ibtimes.com/short-history-chicagos-battles-courts-over-gun-control-1530100

Did you actually READ your link. The city took away more rights than gun owners kept. Plus a law passed in 1982 took until 2010 to get overturned. I guess you consider all this winning right? And, you'll wait until 2050 to be able to freely carry in NJ?

1 hour ago, Displaced Texan said:

Didn't you run away from NJ and head to TX. Is that considered fighting for NJ?

• Disagree 1

1 hour ago, Xtors said:

They will continue to pile it on and on until they get their required result.

Just look at what they piled into this current law AFTER getting the Bruen decision from the S.C. They could care less if their bills are constitutional or not. It doesn't cost them anything to pass them, and the state pays all the legal bills.

11 minutes ago, BigGuns said:

Did you actually READ your link. The city took away more rights than gun owners kept. Plus a law passed in 1982 took until 2010 to get overturned. I guess you consider all this winning right? And, you'll wait until 2050 to be able to freely carry in NJ?

@Displaced Texan may have relocated back to his home state but if you take the time to read his ongoing posts...He is fighting with us!

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, BigGuns said:

Since you don’t know me, I won’t shit all over you for your stupid statement.
I’m from Texas originally. I married a Jersey girl and lived in NJ for 20-ish years. 

We moved back because I own a ranch here, and my family is here, and I had done my 20 in NJ. It’s returning home for me, but I still have many friends in NJ, many of them personal friends I have met on this board. I won’t give up fighting for them. Or you. 

Even though I no longer live in NJ, I STILL continue to fight for YOUR rights, by calling, and emailing your reps, and by donating money to the NJ organizations that fight for you. 
I see it as ALL of our fight. Because what happens in your state can easily happen in mine.

• Like 4
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, xXxplosive said:

Moron.......we're talkin about the Second Amendment of the Bill Of Rights here....not your damn 3 more rounds in your Dumb Ass magazine......

It was the second amendment that was the grounds for it. And watch your language and what names you call people even if you disagree with them .

I gave you one example. There others to how the court have rejected similar things in the past. This crap was tried in Chicago after the McDonald decision too. 

And  3 more rounds . But more importantly, it set a bottom for how low they could go- aim to restrict future magazine restrictions to 10. It’s why the New York CCIA law and probably why NJ didn’t attempt to make a seven round limit either. 
And those 3 extra rounds in my gun hopefully will never have to make the difference. But it was the one part of these laws that I had a direct effect on me. 

34 minutes ago, BigGuns said:

The city took more rights? Go look again after you realize what they had before the McDonald decision. Then look up the law they passed after the McDonald decision which was struck down.

https://investortimes.com/freedomoutpost/chicago-gun-laws-gets-gutted-city-council/

https://www.chicagotribune.com/news/breaking/ct-chicago-gun-range-restrictions-20170118-story.html

https://www.cbsnews.com/chicago/news/judge-overturns-chicagos-ban-on-gun-sales-keeps-ordinance-in-place-for-now/

So, with new legislation, NJ moves to concealed carry only. Am I correct here? Per Nappen's FAQ: "Any person who holds a valid permit to carry a handgun shall be authorized to carry a handgun in a holster concealed on their person in all parts of this State, except where prohibited."

Also, regarding the new "duty to inform" language, does this apply only to people that possess a PTC or does it apply to anyone traveling with a firearm? And does this constitute probable cause to search my vehicle? What if I am in my car, have a PTC but do not have a handgun but rather a long gun? Do I still have a duty to inform?

Seems to be a pretty comprehensive brief. 

I hope the plaintiffs show the court how other states define sensitive places vs how NJ does. 

For example, in Texas, like many other states, we cannot carry (with LTC or permit less) in courts, schools (universities, and school resources officers excepted), polling places, racetracks (this I find odd), bars (places that derive more than 51% of income from serving alcohol), secured areas of airports (federal requirement), professional sporting events, correctional facilities, and within 1000’ of a TDCJ execution (again, a prison facility). 

Most other states have the same or similar requirements.