M1152

NJ LAWMAKERS ANNOUNCE PLANS TO DESTROY RIGHT TO CARRY

2 hours ago, brucin said:

The new safety course is taught over 3 days and costs $175 at Pine Tree Rifle Club a range I'm very familiar with and they work hard to keep prices low. They charge $175. It should be challenged and struck down period.

The previous course was a 4 hour basic handgun safety course and cost $25.

Agreed. I think if the state is going to require training , then they should pay for it.  “ Only the rich get to carry?”? 

It's a shame that so many gun owners in NJ are so scared to break even the slightest gun law that their fear and paranoia only exacerbates the situation! The antis in Trenton know your fear and they use it against you every day!

• Agree 2

2 minutes ago, JohnnyB said:

It's a shame that so many gun owners in NJ are so scared to break even the slightest gun law that their fear and paranoia only exacerbates the situation! The antis in Trenton know your fear and they use it against you every day!

Become ungovernable 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, RadioGunner said:

You have to register to vote and felons can’t vote. 

do you need training? do you need to provide 3...wait....4 references ? do you need to apply for a permit to vote? or a different permit to vote in a different election?

No ‘references’ should be required to exercise your rights. 
No insurance. 
No permits. 
No training (although I believe training is a smart idea for everyone, I don’t think it should be a ‘requirement for one to exercise their rights). 

Our government seems to think THEY hold the power over the people, and honestly, have done a pretty damn good job of convincing everyone of that. 

They need to be reminded that they ‘govern’ us ONLY by our consent. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

2 hours ago, JohnnyB said:

Well.....not everyone wants to go to jail. 

1 minute ago, Mike77 said:

Well.....not everyone wants to go to jail. 

That's my whole point! How many cases of someone being charged for stopping at a restaurant while on the way to a range. For possession of a hollow point round in his car. Possession of a 15 round mag where no other crime was committed, etc, etc.  You don't! Because it does not happen! But we live in fear of being the first! 

A member here got caught with a large capacity mag. The cops did nothing to him!

• Like 1

Yep, I moved out of NJ and was blown away at the mentality of people elsewhere, it was a breath of fresh air. Like I said before, we need to pool or be willing to crowd fund for somebody who is at the tip of the spear. The Supreme Court can only do so much, the rest falls on our lap.

On 12/23/2022 at 7:03 PM, Tunaman said:

The is one of the most rights infringing part of this bill.  If you are traveling in your car,  you cant carry it on you,  so it has to be locked up out of view.  You HAVE TO tell the LEO you are transporting your firearm in your car.  This is bullshit.  You dont have to tell them shit.  I guarantee there is going to be a list accessible by the LEO that tells him you have a carry permit.  If you havent committed any crime, there is no probable cause to search your car.  But they are going to try to put any and all of us in jail but the criminals get out with no bail on our dime.  Face it.  We are in trouble when people take your rights away.  F this state.  F democrats for voting for this type of governing.

If the law says you have to tell an officer you have a gun and you fail to do so that is now a crime.  And if you have a CCW, that is enough for probable cause for them to assume you do have a gun in the car in NJ.   

46 minutes ago, JohnnyB said:

That's my whole point! How many cases of someone being charged for stopping at a restaurant while on the way to a range. For possession of a hollow point round in his car. Possession of a 15 round mag where no other crime was committed, etc, etc.  You don't! Because it does not happen! But we live in fear of being the first! 

A member here got caught with a large capacity mag. The cops did nothing to him!

I always stop with guns in trunk. Thats one thing. But who wants to be that guinea pig carrying while shopping? That Karen seeing the gun by accident, and calling cops. 

Part of me says fuck it. The other part is more worried with the Karens and woke assholes, more than the Cops. 

1 minute ago, Mike77 said:

I always stop with guns in trunk. Thats one thing. But who wants to be that guinea pig carrying while shopping? That Karen seeing the gun by accident, and calling cops. 

Part of me says fuck it. The other part is more worried with the Karens and woke assholes, more than the Cops. 

If you are carrying concealed with the proper handgun, holster and clothing, you won't print so Karen will never know you are armed!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JohnnyB said:

My wife was on Grand Jury a few years ago.  We live near 78.  She said a lot of gun chargers where out of state residents with CCW who were traveling through NJ and informed the officer when they got pulled over for a minor traffic infraction. Got in trouble for large magazines and hollow points.  According to NJ law what they did was illegal so they were charged and went to court.   

• Agree 1

19 minutes ago, JohnnyB said:

If you are carrying concealed with the proper handgun, holster and clothing, you won't print so Karen will never know you are armed!

ooohhhh i;'m pretty certain that "they" are working on telltale signs for their lunatic members to watch for to spot someone ccw'ing.....and it's a guarantee that we'll start seeing lots of those karens calling in on us.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ESB said:

My wife was on Grand Jury a few years ago.  We live near 78.  She said a lot of gun chargers where out of state residents with CCW who were traveling through NJ and informed the officer. Got in trouble for large magazines and hollow points.  According to NJ law what they did was illegal so they were charged and went to court.   

Right! They broke the law by carrying a handgun without a permit. That was a crime. The add on charges were large capacity magazines and hollow points. If they had not committed a crime, no large cap or hollow point charges would have ever happened!

2 hours ago, ESB said:

If the law says you have to tell an officer you have a gun and you fail to do so that is now a crime.  And if you have a CCW, that is enough for probable cause for them to assume you do have a gun in the car in NJ.   

The need to notify might be a 5th admendment issue. 

3 hours ago, ESB said:

If they dont ask, i aint telling!!! You think they are going to start asking everyone? They dont now. 

10 hours ago, JohnnyB said:

The problem is that breaking even the slightest gun law is a 2nd degree crime now. And then there’s the graves act with it’s mandatory minimums. You have a few who were made examples of - Shaneen Allen, Brian Aitken, Gregg Revell, Meg Fellenbaum. So the fear is indeed justified. 

And I am sure it’s this way by design.

7 hours ago, Mike77 said:

If they dont ask, i aint telling!!! You think they are going to start asking everyone? They dont now. 

Certain states it’s required to notify and some have CCW holders built into their dispatch software, I’ve seen plenty of videos where pathetic police draw down on people and absolutely freak out when they find out they may be legally carrying. Imagine a citizen actually being on equal grounds with a police officer?!?!! Now imagine the citizen was legally carrying AND not wearing a mask? Watch out!!

2 hours ago, EndStatism said:

Certain states it’s required to notify and some have CCW holders built into their dispatch software,

Our LTC is tied to our drivers license. While I have not been stopped since I got my LTC, LEO has the information when they run your DL. 
We are required to notify if we are carrying. 

I have no problem with that, to be honest. 

49 minutes ago, Displaced Texan said:

Our LTC is tied to our drivers license. While I have not been stopped since I got my LTC, LEO has the information when they run your DL. 
We are required to notify if we are carrying. 

I have no problem with that, to be honest. 

I don't have much of an issue with it either with one proviso - The LEO must not freak out and treat you as a threat just because you are legally armed. If anything, it should allow him/her to adopt a more relaxed posture as it is highly unlikely that a legal carrier is going to do anything dumb. Not impossible, but highly unlikely. It should definitely not be an excuse to disarm the person and run the gun's serial number on a fishing expedition for a collar.

• Agree 1

12 minutes ago, Mr.Stu said:

I don't have much of an issue with it either with one proviso - The LEO must not freak out and treat you as a threat just because you are legally armed. If anything, it should allow him/her to adopt a more relaxed posture as it is highly unlikely that a legal carrier is going to do anything dumb. Not impossible, but highly unlikely. It should definitely not be an excuse to disarm the person and run the gun's serial number on a fishing expedition for a collar.

Criminals occasionally will say they they have a permit or claim to be an off duty cop  with the hope that  the cop will let their guard down .

Its the same when they claim they can’t breathe or fake a medical condition. 

And the DMV check before obtaining the drivers license is only on the registered owner of the car. If a cop over reacts because my car might have a gun permit link on it , they might be pulling out on my wife. And she is definitely not carrying .