SOMBYS

Warren County, N.J. CCW

I spoke to someone at the courthouse in Belvidere yesterday and found out that Warren County Judge Matthew Curry  is refusing to sign Carry Permits until Murphy's new laws come out. He also said he has close to 1 thousand permits on his desk. I have been waiting 55 days so far. How did the other counties go about getting the judge replaced ?

• Sad 1
  • FacePalm 1

On 10/20/2022 at 6:04 AM, SOMBYS said:

I spoke to someone at the courthouse in Belvidere yesterday and found out that Warren County Judge Matthew Curry  is refusing to sign Carry Permits until Murphy's new laws come out. He also said he has close to 1 thousand permits on his desk. I have been waiting 55 days so far. How did the other counties go about getting the judge replaced ?

Contacted the Criminal Division and all I got was "I don't know" contacted ANJRPC strifeforce via email never got a replay, Contacted the judge  Matthew Curry, never got a reply so I contacted Kevin M. Shanahan, Assignment Judge was told contact the Criminal Division, One big circle jerk. Waiting to hear from the Freeholders.

Check this video out.   

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Hit up the New Jersey Firearm Owners Syndicate and Warren County CCW groups on Facebook.

Jay Factor has a letter that should be sent to the courts to help move things along.

ANJRPC Strikeforce is also aware of it - I talked to Dan Schmutter directly a couple weeks ago.  They're working with the AG's office to do everything possible to get things moving again.

• Informative 2

18 hours ago, Parimal said:

Any latest updates on licenses being signed in warren?

The local PD's are now doing the permits. I know of 4 people that received them in the last few weeks. My buddy handed in all his paperwork in earley November and now they called him up 2 days ago and said he needs a 4th reference and another $150 They called his  reference in mid Dec and not they just want the money. He handed his stuff in before the law change and should not have to pay. The money grab begins.

• Informative 1

5 hours ago, SOMBYS said:

The local PD's are now doing the permits. I know of 4 people that received them in the last few weeks. My buddy handed in all his paperwork in earley November and now they called him up 2 days ago and said he needs a 4th reference and another $150 They called his  reference in mid Dec and not they just want the money. He handed his stuff in before the law change and should not have to pay. The money grab begins.

So the permit to carry is issued by PD now? Does not go to the superior courts?

What about older applications? I submitted mine on 19th Oct. I was told by the PD that mine is gone to the courts.

Will they ask me to pay the difference?

23 hours ago, CMJeepster said:

Someone needs to explain to me why the municipality needs +$150 to process this under the new way.

Agree.  And if that municipality doesn't have a police department, the entire fee would likely go to the state.  Phil gets enough of my money.

• Agree 1