dman2112

Current Approval Time For P2P

NJSP was 8 weeks recently.

As I understand the process:

• The background check takes minutes.
  • The mental health check is typically a few days but when they're backed up and depending on the county could take longer.
  • The reference check is as long as the officer doing the checks decides to wait.

Everything could typically be turned around in a week.  If it's much longer than that, it's your PD that is delaying.

I applied for 3 P2P on Monday Oct 17th, both references submitted same day. I still haven't had an update. I have a Glock frame sitting at Hackettstown Firearms since the Friday after cause I thought it was backordered. 

6 minutes ago, InFamous said:

I applied for 3 P2P on Monday Oct 17th, both references submitted same day. I still haven't had an update. I have a Glock frame sitting at Hackettstown Firearms since the Friday after cause I thought it was backordered. 

Same. I’ve got a 1911 frame in prison. 

• Sad 1

8 minutes ago, dman2112 said:

Same. I’ve got a 1911 frame in prison. 

Something has to be going on, I've had no update about mental health, background, nothing. I'm going to reach out to my local PD to see if they can find an update on it. I've worked with the guy in the firearms unit when FARS first started so I'll call him. 

14 hours ago, InFamous said:

Something has to be going on, I've had no update about mental health, background, nothing. I'm going to reach out to my local PD to see if they can find an update on it. I've worked with the guy in the firearms unit when FARS first started so I'll call him. 

Let me know what they say.  Im going to reach out to Chester PD but we have a new Chief and I dont know him so he could be a knuckle dragger

UPDATE:  Reached out to Chester Township PD.  No response.  Their website now says don't call us for status updates call NJSP.  Emailed NJSP FARS unit.  No response.  Their website says don't call us call your local PD.  I am officially caught up in a circlejerk of stupidity.  Anyone here have a phone number @ NJ FARS?  Their website doesn't list it.

Just got the email 4am this morning I've been approved and my permits are ready. Weird thing is my local PD never called me to come pay the $2 per permit. The same thing happened last time and they never followed up to have me come pay. Am I supposed to just go to the dispatch window and pay like I used to?

16 minutes ago, InFamous said:

Just got the email 4am this morning I've been approved and my permits are ready. Weird thing is my local PD never called me to come pay the $2 per permit. The same thing happened last time and they never followed up to have me come pay. Am I supposed to just go to the dispatch window and pay like I used to?

That’s what I did 

29 minutes ago, InFamous said:

I did mine on Oct 18. It would be interesting to see if mine are approved tomorrow 

1 hour ago, dman2112 said:

That’s what I did 

You're saying you went and paid even though they never contacted you? I mean it's only $6 for the 3 I requested but if they aren't contacting me how am I supposed to know they want it?

8 minutes ago, InFamous said:

You're saying you went and paid even though they never contacted you? I mean it's only $6 for the 3 I requested but if they aren't contacting me how am I supposed to know they want it?

Yes. I called my PD and made an appointment to pay the six bucks and got a receipt. According to my PDs web sight they claim nothing gets processed until they get the money. 

4 minutes ago, dman2112 said:

Yes. I called my PD and made an appointment to pay the six bucks and got a receipt. According to my PDs web sight they claim nothing gets processed until they get the money. 

The first time I did FARS I was working with my Firearms Unit officer as I was the first person to apply and I went in to pay because we were both figuring out the process. The second time I was never contacted so I just thought it was taken out of the process for my PD. This is my 3rd time and wasn't asked to come in yet again for payment. I'll call the officer I worked with the first time and see what he suggests.

EDIT: The second time all of my permits were executed and I received my pistols so they didn't stop me from using my permits. 

3 hours ago, Displaced Texan said:

I don’t know why this bullshit hasn’t been challenged under Bruen….

For the same reason guys aren't challenging all the hoops they jump through for a CCW permit. Paying and asking for permission for a Right seems to be the "in thing" now.

19 minutes ago, BigGuns said:

For the same reason guys aren't challenging all the hoops they jump through for a CCW permit. Paying and asking for permission for a Right seems to be the "in thing" now.

"SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED!

infringe

verb

in·fringe in-ˈfrinj 

infringed; infringing

transitive verb

: to encroach upon in a way that violates law or the rights of another
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, BigGuns said:

Have you applied for a carry permit? Have you filed suit challenging the statutes? If not you, who? If not now, when?

34 minutes ago, Mr.Stu said:

Have you applied for a carry permit?

I have in other states, by submitting basic personal information, and can carry in like 35 of them (but not NJ). I'm not giving in and playing the game here, out of principle, just so I can carry in the deep woods or walking out to my mailbox.

36 minutes ago, Mr.Stu said:

Have you filed suit challenging the statutes? If not you, who? If not now, when?

Right... you really think that's going to go anywhere?

How are you liking those 30 round, wait 15 round, wait 10 round magazines? That 10 round law went in force four years ago (Oct. 2018). Where are we now?  Have we got back our 15 rounders or 30 rounders? Haven't all the 2A groups been fighting like, forever, to overturn these unconstitutional laws? When was the last time the citizens of NJ got a win?

So, it's nice you got your CCW here in NJ. The only place, with all the restrictions, you can enjoy it, is on your own property (which was what you could do before you spent the money and jumped through the hoops).

12 minutes ago, BigGuns said:

Right... you really think that's going to go anywhere?

How are you liking those 30 round, wait 15 round, wait 10 round magazines? That 10 round law went in force four years ago (Oct. 2018). Where are we now?  Have we got back our 15 rounders or 30 rounders? Haven't all the 2A groups been fighting like, forever, to overturn these unconstitutional laws? When was the last time the citizens of NJ got a win?

So, it's nice you got your CCW here in NJ. The only place, with all the restrictions, you can enjoy it, is on your own property (which was what you could do before you spent the money and jumped through the hoops).

Right. Of course it's completely hopeless and a waste of time and effort. Let's all give up now because NYSRPA vs Bruen was a flat out loss. 

Just because the gun grabbers didn't lie down when they lost, doesn't mean we should. It means quite the opposite.

• Agree 1

11 hours ago, Mr.Stu said:

Right. Of course it's completely hopeless and a waste of time and effort. Let's all give up now because NYSRPA vs Bruen was a flat out loss. 

For the most part it was for us. Sure, you can apply and get a CCW now which you couldn't before. But, you can't use it in your every day daily life as you travel around the state. So what did you really gain?

And I'm not naive to think if a judge overturns the current restriction list, that the Democrats will just throw other unconstitutional restrictions, then wait for those to be challenged. I bet they have plan B, plan C, plan D, etc. already cued up and ready to go, just like they have the 5 round mag restriction waiting in the wings.

11 hours ago, Mr.Stu said:

Just because the gun grabbers didn't lie down when they lost, doesn't mean we should. It means quite the opposite.

Like I mentioned, they are the ones who are winning in the big picture. Go scroll up and refer again to the magazine laws. What other unconstitutional or ridiculous laws have been overturned the past decades? I can't think of any. If we can't get a stupid law like the 15 round to 10 round mag limit overturned, does anyone think that the CCW restrictions will ever go away?

2 minutes ago, BigGuns said:

For the most part it was for us. Sure, you can apply and get a CCW now which you couldn't before. But, you can't use it in your every day daily life as you travel around the state. So what did you really gain?

For one, we gained a defined framework for deciding all future 2A cases where interest balancing is not allowed. That has been the excuse for the gun grabbers for all these years.

5 minutes ago, BigGuns said:

And I'm not naive to think if a judge overturns the current restriction list, that the Dems will just throw other unconstitutional restrictions, then wait for those to be challenged. I bet they have plan B, plan C, plan D, etc. already cued up and ready to go, just like they have the 5 round mag restriction waiting in the wings.

You're almost certainly right about them. Are you aware that the NJ mag capacity case was GVR'd back down to the lower courts? It is working its way through the process and will be decided according to Bruen eventually. They are on a losing footing now and it really is not the time to give up to them.

8 minutes ago, BigGuns said:

Like I mentioned, they are the ones who are winning in the big picture. Go scroll up and refer again to the magazine laws. What other unconstitutional or ridiculous laws have been overturned the past decades? If we can't get a stupid law like the 15 round to 10 round mag limit overturned, does anyone think that the CCW restrictions will ever go away?

As I said the mag limit is going to go away. Carry restrictions? I don't know. If you'd asked me 15 years ago if I thought half the country would be permitless by now, I would not have believed that it would, but here we are.

What would you have us do? Just roll over and keep taking it? If you don't have anything positive to contribute, I would ask you to step back and quietly wallow in your misery while the rest of us try to make things better. Doom and gloom is not a winning mindset.

46 minutes ago, Mr.Stu said:

They are on a losing footing now and it really is not the time to give up to them.

This is correct. 

Everyone needs to keep their head in the fight. Now is NOT the time to wallow in misery. 

Press the attack, and never quit. They are on losing ground. 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Mr.Stu said:

What would you have us do? Just roll over and keep taking it? If you don't have anything positive to contribute, I would ask you to step back and quietly wallow in your misery while the rest of us try to make things better. Doom and gloom is not a winning mindset.

I'm just a realist, and look at the facts on the ground. I learned a long time ago, hope is not a strategy. I don't live in a fantasy of "what might be". Past history is a good teacher.

Yes, it's great to fight the system, and there are some good groups involved. It's the track record in this state that is very telling. You have to know when to hold them and when to fold them, and where your energy is best expended.

I know the mag limit restriction is being punted around in the lower court, but here we are, 4 years later, and still restricted. This should have been an easy one to overturn, but here we are. 4 years running with a easy issue. How long will the CCW sensitive restrictions be punted around in the courts?

• Thanks 1