dman2112

Current Approval Time For P2P

1 minute ago, dman2112 said:

Looks like Chester Township is squatting on permits

One thing. When I submitted the FARS application online I printed off the confirmation page, which stated in part:

Next Steps
Consent For Mental Health Records Search (Form S.P. 66) - You are required to complete and submit
this form at your local police department
. This form may be downloaded from
https://www.njsp.org/firearms/forms.shtml and is required in order to continue processing your
application.

I did not have to do that for NJSP, and I've never done that since FARS went online. I'm not sure but I think my online procedure included an approval page for the mental health check. So I'm wondering if you do have to do that for a local PD application. Does the online procedure differ depending on the ORI number?

If it does, then perhaps some applicants missed that point.

1 minute ago, 45Doll said:

One thing. When I submitted the FARS application online I printed off the confirmation page, which stated in part:

Next Steps
Consent For Mental Health Records Search (Form S.P. 66) - You are required to complete and submit
this form at your local police department
. This form may be downloaded from
https://www.njsp.org/firearms/forms.shtml and is required in order to continue processing your
application.

I did not have to do that for NJSP, and I've never done that since FARS went online. I'm not sure but I think my online procedure included an approval page for the mental health check. So I'm wondering if you do have to do that for a local PD application. Does the online procedure differ depending on the ORI number?

If it does, then perhaps some applicants missed that point.

You dont need to do the SP66 if you have already had done one and are at the same address for the past 10 years

Just now, dman2112 said:

You dont need to do the SP66 if you have already had done one and are at the same address for the past 10 years

OK, so that's it. Thanks. It would be nice if they stated that on their confirmation page.