B Gem

New Guy Cherry Hill NJ

Good evening all, new guy here. My name is Brian reside in Cherry Hill. I was born in this state in ‘71 moved to Pa in 98 ish (can’t remember tbh) moved back in 06. Wish I couldn’t but work and family obligations. Anyway just started paperwork for my FID I have the prints scheduled for Nov 10, references already replied back so just waiting. Joined this forum to figure out the mess of NJ gun laws, and stay legal. I hope to contribute in a meaningful manner, also looking for like minded people to hopefully shoot with soon. I don’t know ranges in my area at all. Actually don’t know who is a good reputable firearms store in this area either. Hoping all goes well with the apps and patiently waiting. 

• Agree 1

Thank you, been doing some searching seems like the wait times are all over the place. Any average? I’m assuming it’s dependent on the applicant and PD?

12 minutes ago, B Gem said:

Thank you, been doing some searching seems like the wait times are all over the place. Any average? I’m assuming it’s dependent on the applicant and PD?

The delays are dependent on how pro 2A your local Chief of Police is.

Yeah I’m fearing a long wait. Freedom Ammo, cool thank you for the information I will definitely look at his shop, plus thank you for the name! Hopefully I’ll be able to make a purchase soon.

Welcome to our gang!  Lots of good folks and good info here.  This is a good place to become well acquainted with NJ's treacherous gun laws that are designed to trip up good people..

Coincidentally, I have an application in for a new FID, as I recently moved.  My town of Wayne is usually pretty good with them.  It's been about two weeks so far, and I'm expecting to hear back from them any day. 

• Agree 1

8 hours ago, B Gem said:

Good evening all, new guy here. My name is Brian reside in Cherry Hill. I was born in this state in ‘71 moved to Pa in 98 ish (can’t remember tbh) moved back in 06. Wish I couldn’t but work and family obligations. Anyway just started paperwork for my FID I have the prints scheduled for Nov 10, references already replied back so just waiting. Joined this forum to figure out the mess of NJ gun laws, and stay legal. I hope to contribute in a meaningful manner, also looking for like minded people to hopefully shoot with soon. I don’t know ranges in my area at all. Actually don’t know who is a good reputable firearms store in this area either. Hoping all goes well with the apps and patiently waiting. 

Hi welcome. If you are looking for mid to high priced guns I can save you hundreds of dollars compared to the gun shops around here. Mid meaning like glocks, M&P's, sigs, Ruger etc. High meaning 1911's, Kimbers, etc. Cheaper guns I can definitely get them cheaper than the gun shops but if your driving a huge truck that gets 5 MPG it might not be worth it. But if you join Quinton sportsman club or USANNA gun range I'm between them. I'm a home based FFL in Elmer NJ 08318. I'm about 40 minutes from you. Feel free to call or text me anytime with any gun you want or any questions with applying witch you already have. I do this stuff all day everyday so I'm pretty good at it lol 856-364-1031 Louis Scarborough The Elmer Gun Company LLC 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

8 hours ago, Ms. 12 Gauge said:

Hi and welcome from up north!

Thank you! I actually grew up in Sussex County. I miss the good old North

3 hours ago, Old Glock guy said:

Welcome to our gang!  Lots of good folks and good info here.  This is a good place to become well acquainted with NJ's treacherous gun laws that are designed to trip up good people..

Coincidentally, I have an application in for a new FID, as I recently moved.  My town of Wayne is usually pretty good with them.  It's been about two weeks so far, and I'm expecting to hear back from them any day. 

I remember Wayne well route 23 ugh! That road is almost as bad as these gun laws. I’m glad I joined all the reading I have done in just one night answered a lot of my questions.

3 minutes ago, CMJeepster said:

Welcome!

Do you call it pork roll or Taylor Ham?

Lmao Taylor ham actually, will that get me banned?

• FacePalm 3

2 hours ago, louu said:

Hi welcome. If you are looking for mid to high priced guns I can save you hundreds of dollars compared to the gun shops around here. Mid meaning like glocks, M&P's, sigs, Ruger etc. High meaning 1911's, Kimbers, etc. Cheaper guns I can definitely get them cheaper than the gun shops but if your driving a huge truck that gets 5 MPG it might not be worth it. But if you join Quinton sportsman club or USANNA gun range I'm between them. I'm a home based FFL in Elmer NJ 08318. I'm about 40 minutes from you. Feel free to call or text me anytime with any gun you want or any questions with applying witch you already have. I do this stuff all day everyday so I'm pretty good at it lol 856-364-1031 Louis Scarborough The Elmer Gun Company LLC 

Louis thank you very much! I will definitely be in contact, right now I’m waiting for the approval on my FID then I can really concentrate on the firearms. For the hand gun i have it narrowed down to a Glock, Springfield 1911, or a Kimber still looking at those lines and their models. I would like to try and find a Springfield m1a loaded that is NJ compliant or have the work done.

15 minutes ago, B Gem said:

I remember Wayne well route 23 ugh! That road is almost as bad as these gun laws. I’m glad I joined all the reading I have done in just one night answered a lot of my questions.

Lmao Taylor ham actually, will that get me banned?

Hopefully. :p

1 hour ago, EdF said:

I'm in Cherry Hill myself and can help out . . . Reach out if you need anything at all!

Awesome thank you, I go for the finger prints this week!

32 minutes ago, Scorpio64 said:

It won't get you banned, but you will be mocked relentlessly.

Good to know, I won’t make that mistake ……… again! Lol

36 minutes ago, kc17 said:

He did say he grew up in the North, they think it's TH up there.

All that matters is he's on the straight and narrow now.  As long as we can keep @Mrs. Peel away from him, he should be okay.

@B Gem be strong.  There is a succubus among us that goes by the name of Mrs Peel  (pronouns: she/her/hamster).  She will do everything in her power, to persuade you to join the Taylor Hamster cult. This insidious cabal will serve you up any old processed meat, wanting you to believe it is the genuine article.  Don't be fooled, there is only one Taylor Ham.... I mean Pork Roll, Taylor Pork Roll.  Dammit, she must be messing with that Voodoo doll again.  Just be strong.

I hope you brought a shotgun or two with you.  We have shotgun shoots (clay target) at the Clinton and Stafford Forge WMAs every so often.  It's a good opportunity to meet forum members.

• Haha 2
  • FacePalm 1

Lmao you guys are killing me, she/her/hamster LMAO. 

YES I actually grew up in Vernon Valley, or as most know it by Action Park. I used to count the ambulances going in and out of the place. Not much better in the winter time with the skiing. 
Good memories! 

Oh Man I haven’t done clays in ages. As soon as the FID goes through I plan on bringing a shotgun in from Pa I have locked up at my parents old home. 
my father and I used to pheasant hunt up at the Flatbrook years ago. Man I’m feeling old now.

10 minutes ago, B Gem said:

I plan on bringing a shotgun in from Pa I have locked up at my parents old home. 

You don't need a FID for guns that you already own.  As long as they are NJ legal, you can bring 'em home.  If you have ARs, you will probably have to pin stocks and get a muzzle device that is not a flash hider, also pick up some ten round mags. You do not have to register gun in NJ, at least not yet.

The only thing you can't do is drive around willy nilly with a long gun in the trunk.  Until you get your FPID, you can only legally transport long guns to and from a range or other authorized location like a gunsmith.

On 10/29/2022 at 11:21 PM, B Gem said:

welcome. i'm in lindenwold and cherry hill(work there).

also....as i keep telling people.....there is no escape from nj, lolol