Mike77

Next Purchase Suggestion

So currently we have: 

Me: Springfield XD9 4" Service, P238, SW M&P Shield 9 plus, Ruger 10/22 rifle, and Mossberg 500

Wife: Just got her 1st....Sig 365XL

My collection started prior to relationship

We each have 1 more pistol permit to use. I am considering a Ruger LCP Max. Just like the idea of a 10rd pocket/ankle backup to compliment my SW or SA. Wife is undecided, and looking for advice to steer her, as she is still learning the ropes. She is getting comfortable with the 365xl. Did great in low/no light shooting. Need to get her acquainted with holster. She isn't ready yet for CCW. Wants to keep getting comfortable. 15+ yards, still not there yet. She not sure what to burn the next purchase on. She thought about a revolver (ehh...not my thing). I thought about a smaller gun she could throw in her bag when she is ready for CCW.

Appreciate any input. 

25 minutes ago, Mike77 said:

AR doesn't need my pistol permit 

I love my hk vp9sk and my wife loves shooting it. 

I also personally liked the Springfield hellcat pro and glock 48 as well. Very thin and easy to shoot well in my opinion. 

Do you have a price range? Langdon tactical makes some cool carry guns if a double action/single action is in the plan.

34 minutes ago, Cheflife15 said:

I love my hk vp9sk and my wife loves shooting it. 

I also personally liked the Springfield hellcat pro and glock 48 as well. Very thin and easy to shoot well in my opinion. 

Do you have a price range? Langdon tactical makes some cool carry guns if a double action/single action is in the plan.

No prices yet. Just exploring. Looking at display cases, they all start to look alike. 

She tried hellcat, never looked at it again after the 365xl. For me, hellcat is just like my Springfield. I absolutely love my xd9. 

Just no glocks!!! 

2 hours ago, Mike77 said:

No prices yet. Just exploring. Looking at display cases, they all start to look alike. 

She tried hellcat, never looked at it again after the 365xl. For me, hellcat is just like my Springfield. I absolutely love my xd9. 

Just no glocks!!! 

Walther PDP or PDP F-Series depending on how big her hands are.

Beretta M9A3 / M9A4

Why not Glocks?  G48 is my carry gun and it's a great shooter.  If you're not keen on the Glock grip angle - look at the PSA Dagger Compact or heck even the Rock Island Armory STK100.

2 minutes ago, Krdshrk said:

Beretta M9A3 / M9A4

Why not Glocks?  G48 is my carry gun and it's a great shooter.  If you're not keen on the Glock grip angle - look at the PSA Dagger Compact or heck even the Rock Island Armory STK100.

Just never been a fan of glocks. Chose my XD9 over glock. She started on hellcat at range. Tried glock. After 1 mag, said "nope" tried 365xl, and fell in love with it. 

For her, no thumb safety. Doesnt like my p238 bc of it. 

5 hours ago, Krdshrk said:

This was going to be my suggestion, the PDP is is one of the best shooting pistols I own, and was my first pistol with a red dot. The PDP- F has a 3.5 inch barrel version for the wife if she is looking for a smaller pistol.  

I think the small 380 is a great idea. When this carry law mess gets sorted out , you are going to want as many options as you can get.

That LCP max would make a great “ wedding “ gun for those times you have to dress up but want to carry. Just make sure the loaded weight of the LCP max isn’t too heavy for those dress pants pockets . If so, you might just consider getting the LCP2 or another 380.

• Like 1