revenger

Morris county permits

15 hours ago, brucin said:

It appears that once your application makes it to the courts it's up to two months.

Agree.

Mine has been there almost 30 days without movement/notice and money order not cashed...

101 days since submitting to PD

58 at the courthouse. Received 9/15 

Money order cashed 11/7.

Called Morris court they said “it’s about that time”.   Usually takes them 60 days.

Waiting for the call any day now.

On 11/7/2022 at 9:21 AM, revenger said:

Any updates on Morris County,  has anyone recently been issued theirs.      If yes how was it done.   was it sent back to PD for issuing or did you go to court to meet judge/clerk?

Got mine on November 7. 84 days total, 60 days at the court.

Assembly Committee Live Stream on A4769 Moved to Noon

3 minutes ago, revenger said:

how do you tell when it leaves your PD and goes to court?

In my case, the detective at the PD was cool and we had an email thread going. He dropped me a line when he hand delivered. The following week, I also called the court and asked them to confirm receipt.

4 minutes ago, revenger said:

how do you tell when it leaves your PD and goes to court?

Contact your PD and ask.

I contacted my PD at about 35 days and was told that there were a lot of applications and that mine was "being processed".  i contacted them again at around 60 days (quoting my understanding of the current guidance that PD only has 60 days to review) and a few days later I was told my application was "with the court".

After a couple of weeks i called the court and they took my information and said someone would contact me with a status.

Since then my Money Order was cashed (last week) so I'll call again in a little while to see what's up.

7 hours ago, revenger said:

thanks,

My PD sent references letters in the mail and they all got phone calls as well,   seems like 2 different people are doing background check. I think I'm close to 90 days maybe more.

Which PD?

2 hours ago, brucin said:

Mine spent 77 days at PD. Allegedly it's at the court now. I will contact the court in a few days to confirm.

Damn. For some reason I thought you had yours already. What town?

Just got a call back from Morris county court.  They were very nice and confirmed receipt of my completed application.  They were also very honest and said that there was still a huge number of requests flowing in (great IMO!!!) so it's still averaging over 45 days to turn around.

14 minutes ago, 124gr9mm said:

Just got a call back from Morris county court.  They were very nice and confirmed receipt of my completed application.  They were also very honest and said that there was still a huge number of requests flowing in (great IMO!!!) so it's still averaging over 45 days to turn around.

Thanks for the update.  I think we're on about the same timeline...not looking good before the holidays, since everything will get even slower once mid-Dec rolls around.   

I'd love to be pleasantly surprised.

Yeah, my local PD sat on it for 70+ days, so the court hasn't been the biggest delay (yet).

It will be interesting to see what effective date they finally put on the permit (presuming it's approved)...

2 hours ago, dman2112 said:

I am submitting tomorrow.  See you next year

Good luck!

Fortunately there's at least a process in place where permits are moving (albeit slowly) so hopefully it will be shorter than the 4 months (and counting) that I'm at.

19 minutes ago, 124gr9mm said:

Good luck!

Fortunately there's at least a process in place where permits are moving (albeit slowly) so hopefully it will be shorter than the 4 months (and counting) that I'm at.

What town?  I’m Chester Township. Lots of new “blood” here. The old chief was an anti so this will be interesting 

14 hours ago, revenger said:

what phone number is everyone calling for the court?

also how does their delay affect expiration  on fingerprints and qualifications?

thanks   

Delay doesn't impact the prints or quals.  Those are tied to the date you submitted the application, so as long as they were within the correct window when you submitted, you should be fine.

I called 862-397-5700 ext. 75340

https://www.njcourts.gov/courts/vicinages/morris-sussex/offices#toc-criminal-division-