revenger

Morris county permits

38 minutes ago, revenger said:

I'm at 124 days,  don't know where I am.  money order still not cashed?  WTF

Call the court.

I had to call three times before I got a call back.

They're very polite/professional so at a minimum they'll confirm that your app is in the pile and approximately when it got there.

5 hours ago, 124gr9mm said:

Call the court.

I had to call three times before I got a call back.

They're very polite/professional so at a minimum they'll confirm that your app is in the pile and approximately when it got there.

When I called a few weeks ago they called back and left a voicemail stating it would take 60-75 days. apparently the judge writes really slow. 1/6/23 will be 60 days at the court plus 77 days that my PD took to process the application.

• FacePalm 1

I called the court today, using the 862-397-5700 ext. 75340 number @124gr9mm posted.   It's been about 3 months since my application was dropped off at the PD and prints completed, and nearly two months since my money order was cashed.

A pleasant fellow answered on the second ring (both unexpected, if you've every had occasion to call a state office) and he took my name and promised someone would get back to me.  He said they were getting a lot of calls to check status just now.

About three hours later a different pleasant fellow called back--again both unexpected things, if you've ever had occasion to call a state office.  I think his first name was Dan.    He said cashing the money order didn't necessarily mean I was getting close to having a permit--they had pulled the money orders from a lot of applications and cashed them all at the end of Oct or beginning of November.   He said they're getting the permits out in 60 to 75 days, probably closer to the 75 day figure now, but the courts will be closed next week for the holidays.  He made no mention of a hearing...I don't think anyone has said Morris Co is requiring hearings.   He said his non-binding best estimate was that I'd have the permit by the end of the second week of January.  I assume that means that is when it goes back to my local PD, introducing further delays.

So, the waiting continues.  I forgot to ask him if the judge was putting any additional restrictions on the permits, or if he knew how many applications had come in from Morris County.   Questions for the next person who calls the court!

29 minutes ago, 10X said:

I called the court today, using the 862-397-5700 ext. 75340 number @124gr9mm posted.   Tomorrow will by 90 days since my application was dropped off at the PD and prints completed, and just over 7 weeks since my money order was cashed.

A pleasant fellow answered on the second ring (both unexpected, if you've every had occasion to call a state office) and he took my name and promised someone would get back to me.  He said they were getting a lot of calls to check status just now.

About three hours later a different pleasant fellow called back--again both unexpected things, if you've ever had occasion to call a state office.  I think his first name was Dan.    He said cashing the money order didn't necessarily mean I was getting close to having a permit--they had pulled the money orders from a lot of applications and cashed them all at the end of Oct or beginning of November.   He said they're getting the permits out in 60 to 75 days, probably closer to the 75 day figure now, but the courts will be closed next week for the holidays.  He made no mention of a hearing...I don't think anyone has said Morris Co is requiring hearings.   He said his non-binding best estimate was that I'd have the permit by the end of the second week of January.  I assume that means that is when it goes back to my local PD, introducing further delays.

So, the waiting continues.  I forgot to ask him if the judge was putting any additional restrictions on the permits, or if he knew how many applications had come in from Morris County.   Questions for the next person who calls the court!

You're in better shape than me. My PD took 77 days to process and sent it to court on 11/7. I was told the same 60-75 days but my money order has not been cashed.

Friday I will be at day 137 and as of today my money order has not been cashed.

Going to be an interesting conversation when I call the court Friday. I really want an explanation as to why since the court has been taken out of the loop my permit hasn't been issued yet.

5 minutes ago, dman2112 said:

This whole thing is FUBAR. I’m on day 45 and Chester Township hasn’t even sent out letters to my references. These public servants are all phonies 

They don't always contact the references. I am in Mendham. I've had my permit since November. Not one of my references was contacted.

• Informative 1

10 minutes ago, dman2112 said:

This whole thing is FUBAR. I’m on day 45 and Chester Township hasn’t even sent out letters to my references. These public servants are all phonies 

Got more than 5 people with them from Chester township, they’re doing it

Just now, dman2112 said:

I’ll be shocked if I ever receive it. At least I’ll be able to get PA

The only thing I'll say is that 45 days is very early on. I wouldn't get that down about it. I was one of the early applicants. The court told me directly that they were moving "fast" and at the time, the guy seemed genuine about it. But, still took me around 84 days.

On the PD side, I was lucky. They brought it to the courts very quickly. But most PDs are not like that. So far, your experience is on par with that of many people.

7 minutes ago, pho3nix said:

CT isn’t (openly anyway) anti… they process and even auto extend purchase permits to 180days

I’m on the fence on that. They put on a good face for residents but if you ask around…..CT has had a lot of changes lately so I don’t know what to believe. The officer that does their firearms stuff seems like a good guy but he’s a little schizophrenic in his actions

2 hours ago, g17owner said:

most PDs are not like that. So far, your experience is on par with that of many people.

I'm sure if any of us showed up 17 days late to a court date or pay a fine it would be hunky dorry just like the PD's ignoring the 60 day statute and the courts ignoring the 30 day directive.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

I submitted all completed paperwork 6 months ago on July 11.

The permits are still tied up in our local pd, and still not sent to the courts despite the references getting emailed and called in august, and then again in December. Apparently heading to the court soon is what we are told. 

• FacePalm 1

14 minutes ago, Brandyep said:

The permits are still tied up in our local pd, and still not sent to the courts despite the references getting emailed and called in august, and then again in December. Apparently heading to the court soon is what we are told. 

Why? Per the new bill, courts are out of it, and pd should be handling.... From what i thought. 

1 hour ago, Brandyep said:

Holy cow!

You should DEFINITELY send a mail to Strikeforce letting them know about that. My application is just over 5 months, but a good chunk has been with the court (and my money order cashed).

I can't fathom the reason for holding at the PD for so long!!!

Called the court yesterday. Day 60 there. Didn't get anyone so I left a message. They never called back. They don't have the courage to blow smoke up my ass on the phone.

39 minutes ago, ALAN553 said:

dropped at PD Oct 4, money order not cashed yet, called criminal division of courts jan 4th, someone answered and said he will forward my concerns and someone will call me back.....still waiting for that call

Yeah, I called twice (about a week between calls) and left messages, but they eventually got back to me.  didn't provide much more than a confirmation than the application was in the pile with the court, but that was something at least.

My application started with local PD at the end of July and has been with the court since around October 5, so gauge your expectations accordingly.

• FacePalm 1

7 hours ago, ALAN553 said:

dropped at PD Oct 4, money order not cashed yet, called criminal division of courts jan 4th, someone answered and said he will forward my concerns and someone will call me back.....still waiting for that call

At their current rate of issuing permits you will be lucky if you get yours by April. Sad state of affairs.

Permit approved by Morris county court.

Right around 162 days.

No restrictions but it says "see accompanying order" which has to be with me when carrying.  It lists the 2 pistols I had on my app and says I can amend with additional pistols by submitting in writing to the court.

• Informative 1

22 minutes ago, revenger said:

So what do you submit to court for amending and do you know if that still is the procedure with the courts removed from process?

Not sure what the process will be going forward, but if I wanted to add additional pistols right now (I don't) then I'd do what the court asked.  I'd go to GFH for quals, attach the proof to a letter with details on the pistols and send it to the superior cour asking them to amend (I'd also include a copy of the letter I got from the judge and highlight the instructions).

I presume that having individual guns listed as part of a permit will go away, so HOPEFULLY it will be a moot point.