revenger

Morris county permits

1 hour ago, NJ2AMBR said:

day 102   call from PD   come pick up permit    feels good 

Permit was not back dated... shows 01-10-23 permit issue date and good for 2 yrs

did come with court order showing serial numbers allowed to carry and that it can be amended to add other handguns with new quals

was told to make copies of court order and put in each vehicle. I'd guess pocket carry a copy if not in vehicle. also.

so, until the cases play out in our favor, we follow the rules and .....Carry on

I haven't posted here in ages. 

I submitted my paperwork mid September. Detective in my local municipality got it out the door by the end of the week. The permit was issued in mid December 

ETE about 95 days. 

Same nonsense as everyone else, permit says "see court order." With the serials of the guns I qualified with. 

Good luck to those still waiting. Hope you get it soon. 

not sure whats going on in morris county,  seems typical no accountability for govt employees.   If courts are taken out of the process I have to wonder if it would be faster to reapply at PD, start from scratch?

did anyone call the morris court and give their name and ask where they are in the cue and did it have a negative affect or positive.   were they able to give you a number?

On 1/20/2023 at 2:28 PM, revenger said:

not sure whats going on in morris county,  seems typical no accountability for govt employees.   If courts are taken out of the process I have to wonder if it would be faster to reapply at PD, start from scratch?

did anyone call the morris court and give their name and ask where they are in the cue and did it have a negative affect or positive.   were they able to give you a number?

Didn’t tell me where I was, but to expect another 6 weeks…PD got it Oct 4, court got it Nov 4

You’re close

I was PD 10-3

Money order cashed 11-9

picked up 1-13 

Speculating of course…possible they hold to build up 5-6-10 before sending back to an individual township instead of sending 1 at a time ? My PD said he received 6 in this, my batch

who knows ..it’s all over the place with people still waiting 5 months and on 

carry on 

On 1/20/2023 at 2:28 PM, revenger said:

I called a couple of times while I was waiting and they were polite each time, so I don't think it will hurt you.  

Maybe talk to your local PD and ask them about reapplying. 

61 days at court and check not cashed?   I tried to enlist the help of my legislatures and senator to just have them inquire of the court the process and was surprised none wanted to touch it?    I left astonished as they all claim to be big pro2a supporters.

next time they ask for money I'll bring this up with them.

9 minutes ago, brucin said:

After 155 days I have finally received my PTC. Came with a wonderful 2 page court order that must be carried. Motion to vacate that order will be filed.

Glad it finally came through!!

Let us know how things go with the request to the court!

Just now, 124gr9mm said:

Let us know how things go with the request to the court!

Will do. Hopefully the snow is light tomorrow and I don't have to work too much OT so I can write the motion and get it to the court on Thursday.

21 minutes ago, brucin said:

After 155 days I have finally received my PTC. Came with a wonderful 2 page court order that must be carried. Motion to vacate that order will be filed.

Congrats! What a crazy wait so congrats on extreme patience too!. What's the issue date on your permit?

Also, I am thinking to file a motion to vacate the court order. Let us know how that goes!

On 1/24/2023 at 10:51 PM, g17owner said:

Also, I am thinking to file a motion to vacate the court order. Let us know how that goes!

Someone on the Facebook NJ Firearms Owners Syndicate wrote that he filed a motion and received a call from a clerk regarding the motion. He was told the judge will approve qualifications on more handguns however they will defend in court a motion to dismiss and advised that council be obtained for this. If you were to represent yourself it would require you to show up in court and the county could ask for an adjournment and you have just wasted your time and resources which is finite while the county has infinite time and resources.

It appears that most if not all permits issued by Morris Co have a court order restricting the permit to handguns qualified with.

I wonder would it be possible to get a few dozen Morris Co permit holders together and file a class action motion to dismiss all the orders?

I don't understand enough about how the courts work to know if this is possible.