SoccerFan

New guy and it's pork roll before anyone asks!

So I've been doing a bunch of reading here and it's been very helpful as I start to figure out the process of getting an ID and, maybe, a ptc in the Garden State. All very new to me!

I'm in the southern end of Ocean County and so I've been thinking of swinging by Shooters one of these days to get some idea of what I might be purchasing. Any recommendations for other shops / ranges gratefully received.

Background: I grew up in a society where gun ownership is pretty much unheard of so when I say this is all new to me I really mean it, lol. To be perfectly honest I've had some inner conflicts about the whole gun debate and 2A and all that but, in recent years, I've really started to "get" the whole idea of individuals owning firearms and I think I want the option of carrying one - probably not every day - but certainly in some situations for sure.

Anyway I look forward to joining in some discussions!

• Like 1

Welcome aboard. 

Just remember, the lovely and talented Mrs Peel, resident moderator extraordinaire, is a bit confused on the subject of Pork Roll. 

Brilliant as she may be, she’s incorrect…it’s pork roll. 
It even says so on the package. 

Please remind her of this on a daily basis. 

1F34A473-B36E-402A-BE9F-16987B400B1F.jpeg

• Haha 1
  • FacePalm 1

21 hours ago, Mrs. Peel said:

Welcome! Happy to have you here (even though it's Taylor Ham). :) 

You'll certainly find a lot of opportunities for discussion, learning, and the occasional meet up as well. Welcome aboard!

Thanks and love your user name and icon. Did you know that studio publicity shots of Diana Rigg in that outfit were highly collectible amongst a certain set in Europe back in the day? LOL.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Displaced Texan said:

Welcome aboard. 

Just remember, the lovely and talented Mrs Peel, resident moderator extraordinaire, is a bit confused on the subject of Pork Roll. 

Brilliant as she may be, she’s incorrect…it’s pork roll. 
It even says so on the package. 

Please remind her of this on a daily basis. 

I'm completely, both feet, heart and soul, in the pork roll camp so no worries and thanks for the welcome!

6 hours ago, Mike77 said:

Welcome....and if you never air fried pork roll, you are missing out!!!!

I've never had anything (that I know of anyway) from this "air fryer" you speak of. I guess I need to get out more. LOL. Thanks for the welcome!

4 hours ago, 1LtCAP said:

welcome.

yes, it is porkroll. i worked in kitchens from my teen years till i was almost 26. it was always ordered as porkroll.

Thanks very much!