g17owner

Register Opposition to A4769 Before 3PM Nov 10

The giant unconstitutional turd known as A4769 is back in committee this coming monday at 10AM.

As gun owners, its our right and responsibility to register our opposition to this flaming pile of crap.

If you'd like to do so (or if you'd like to testify), please register your opposition before 3pm.

*The form title is misleading. You can use this form to register opposition and/or testify. You do not have to testify in order to register your opposition.

https://www.njleg.state.nj.us/live-proceedings/2022-11-14-10:00:00/AJU/Meeting/register-to-testify?fbclid=IwAR1bMVww15xxBi0qvQSR1ZZXDfTF3yhrlMeh0Olz9l2uOOTGZUhA8skYjuE

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Informative 1

1 minute ago, 1LtCAP said:

does filling that out mean we have to go testify as it seems? or does it just show we're all opposed to this?

No, there's a checkbox if you'd like to testify. If you don't want to then you can just select "Oppose"

6 minutes ago, 1LtCAP said:

all done. always nervous though sending my name to the corrupted political machine in this state.

I hear you but that's what they WANT. Its basically a fear of practicing 1A to defend 2A. I used to think this way too but now Im more like F this, I want my rights.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, COD said:

Registered and was surprised I actually got an email back confirming my opposition to the bill. That's a first. 

Same! Also, we have a thread going in the New Jersey Firearm Owners Syndicate on Facebook motivating people to register. Over the last hour, well over 100 people registered from that thread alone. We need more!

• Like 1

Done! And thanks, @g17owner, for posting this important announcement! 

As a sidenote, I find it DEEPLY offensive that our legislators schedule these hearings with such apparent randomness and lack of proper notice --- cutting short people's ability to register their opposition. Infuriating!

• Like 2
  • Agree 3

2 hours ago, 1LtCAP said:

all done. always nervous though sending my name to the corrupted political machine in this state.

Do you really think they don't have your name already?

Even if you're not on the lists you're thinking of, you're certainly on the list of people who don't appear on any other list.

• Agree 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Mr.Stu said:

Do you really think they don't have your name already?

Even if you're not on the lists you're thinking of, you're certainly on the list of people who don't appear on any other list.

good point. which is kinda scary too, cause i really think that the current govt in this state is of the caliber that some special fed team would be going after if this were happening in the 30's or 40's.

For those who missed it and didn't get in before the 3PM cut-off email them directly

https://www.anjrpc.org/page/AssemJudiciaryCommit

also read elsewhere...

As it stands if this bill passes and you have a CCW you will have only 90 days to meet the new training requirements not yet determined. Everyone will be scrambling to requalify and most likely many permits will be revoked due to the time.

3 hours ago, M1152 said:

For those who missed it and didn't get in before the 3PM cut-off email them directly

https://www.anjrpc.org/page/AssemJudiciaryCommit

also read elsewhere...

3 hours ago, M1152 said:

As it stands if this bill passes and you have a CCW you will have only 90 days to meet the new training requirements not yet determined. Everyone will be scrambling to requalify and most likely many permits will be revoked due to the time.

is this confirmed? i would imagine that legally(yea don't laugh) they have to provide more time than that, or grandfather whoever already has theirs.......

Sponsor

7 hours ago, 1LtCAP said:

is this confirmed? i would imagine that legally(yea don't laugh) they have to provide more time than that, or grandfather whoever already has theirs.......

Nothing is a done deal until it is signed into law but keep in mind these are the same people that previously included boxcutters & baseball bats in the legislation so don’t put anything past theses partisan POS hacks. You heard the bill sponsor Danielsen say this bill does nothing to curb crime, what else do people need to see?

Personally I’m more concerned about people here NOT sending the emails and NOT supporting the local 2A groups than I am about the proposed bills itself. If they don't get push-back expect more of the same