pho3nix

Adding Pistols to LTCF

Anyone do this yet?

permit is restricted. Thought they were going to stop doing this, but mine is limited to the qualifying pistol with a note to send in for more.

I plan on calling the clerk to ask what they need and where to send it (order says pistol, ownership info, and proof of competency).

Anyone do this yet?

Yes. My court order includes the instructions to add more handguns. Essentially, it is just write them a letter requesting the guns be added, listing them with make, model, caliber and serial number accompanied by a copy of your qualification with each one.

The CoF is completely undefined by the State, so my instructor agreed to an abbreviated CoF for each additional gun as I had already shown perfectly good safe gun handling and accuracy with the guns I originally qualified with.

Doing the full HQC1 for each handgun would have been 1320 rounds. Doing an abbreviated CoF was worth it.

Just to make sure, because it sounds like you might be thinking this, you can't qualify yourself. You need another instructor to sign off for you.

27 minutes ago, pho3nix said:

50 rounds per qual at rtsp. Where does statute say that you cannot self qualify?

It doesn't, but it won't be accepted. I'm pretty sure if you were a notary, you couldn't notarize your own application either.

Also, I was under the impression that the courts were going to stop issuing 'restricted' permits. Time to hit them with enough paperwork where they won't want it (though sounds like legislation is moving to push LTCF to the Chief of Police and his/her designee...