gunforhire

Slight Chance To Affect Monday's Vote Guys, some inside information

Slight Chance To Affect Monday's Vote

Guys, some inside information direct from a New Jersey assemblyman that strongly opposes A4769. 

The upcoming vote on Monday Nov 21 was a last minute surprise.  Due to the short notice, attendance by assembly people is expected to be smaller than usual. 

They need 41 votes to pass the bill. I am told that if only 41 or 42 people actually show up to vote, the bill may not pass because some people don't want their vote to be the one that is responsible for the bill passing.

Additionally, there are four specified democrats that we are possibly able to sway. Two of them are in mixed red/blue districts, meaning not hardcore dem district and the threat to their seats during the next election could be enough to persuade them to vote no. Two others are known to be reasonable minded people and logical persuasion might work.

• Assemblyman Paul D. Moriarty

• Assemblywoman Gabriela M. Mosquera

• Assemblyman Wayne P. DeAngelo

• Assemblyman Roy Freiman 

The assemblyman tells us that non-stop calls coming into the office (rather than emails) is paid attention to. If you keep their phones ringing off the hook we have the ability to influence their vote. Just be polite when doing so.

He also tells us that, while we cannot testify, we can register our opposition and attend the vote on Monday. He says a show of force can also influence the vote of those that are on the fence.
What can you do today? Keep calling these 4 assembly people, even if they don't represent your district. Let them know you oppose A4769! 

Just remember, its hard to convince someone to change their mind through harsh words and attacks. Make your opposition known like a pro!

Today is the last business day before the vote. If you are going to call these offices, it needs to be today!

Assemblyman Paul D. Moriarty - 856-232-6700 and 856-401-3073
Assemblywoman Gabriela M. Mosquera - 856-232-6700 and 856-401-3073
Assemblyman Wayne P. DeAngelo - 609-631-7501
Assemblyman Roy Freiman - 908-829-4191

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Boss called a meeting during lunch so I couldn't call them then. If it's early enough once my class leaves I'll try then.

I did email them all again. Hit the usual plus three new points. Danielsen saying the bill is not meant to reduce crime, only go after law-abiding gun owners; McKeon's racist comments; and how their own lawyer said it would not pass muster under Bruen. 

I made the calls and left messages.

Moriarty and Mosquera share a receptionist (Brittany) and she sounded a little pissed the second time she spoke with me.

The other receptionists were less rude, but still put-off sounding.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, 124gr9mm said:

I made the calls and left messages.

Moriarty and Mosquera share a receptionist (Brittany) and she sounded a little pissed the second time she spoke with me.

The other receptionists were less rude, but still put-off sounding.

You interrupted Brittany doing her nails. 

Gotta be a hard job; answering phones in Trenton...