45Doll

There's A Tsunami In Oregon - To Buy Guns

I’ve been in Oregon off and on for the last few months on business. Before this bill passed, there was panic buying. 

Now, there is REAL panic buying. The gun store near my hotel was pretty bare yesterday. I’m told that this is going to be a real clusterfuck, as LEO isn’t even remotely ready to handle permitting and the other bullshit regs that have been imposed upon the gun owners of Oregon. 

This will be a mess for them…much like the mess y’all are going through in NJ regarding LTC. 

3 minutes ago, father-of-three said:

The Oregon government voted for a New Jersey style gun control system.  How sad.

In the weeks leading up to the November 8 elections, Breitbart News pointed to a Bearing Arms report that BM 114 was being bankrolled by out-of-state money.

4 minutes ago, Displaced Texan said:

Unfortunately, Portlandia kinda controls the political direction of the state. 

Like NJ, there are a lot of good conservatives, but they get outvoted by the city liberals. 

This is why most of Oregon--by land area, not population--has voted to secede and join Idaho.

There are a few reasons that is highly unlikely to happen, but those ballot initiatives were meant to at least send a message to Portland and the other liberal cities.    Who don't care, as long as the tax dollars keep rolling in from the counties with no real voice in the state government.

4 hours ago, Displaced Texan said:

Unfortunately, Portlandia kinda controls the political direction of the state. 

Like NJ, there are a lot of good conservatives, but they get outvoted by the city liberals. 

Out cheated.  

Oregon is all mail-in ballots I believe and they've haven't gone state wide republican since.

4 hours ago, Scorpio64 said:

In the weeks leading up to the November 8 elections, Breitbart News pointed to a Bearing Arms report that BM 114 was being bankrolled by out-of-state money.

I hear you on the influence of political groups.  My point was that the representatives, not the anti gun political groups voted for it.  It doesn't say that reps were bribed, but if that happened, they should be punished to the full extent of the law.  I'm pretty sure a similar thing happened in Virginia when the democrats gained majorities in their legislature with a Democrat governor.  I still think Pennsylvania is next on on the Bloomberg/etc hit list.

Is it illegal for groups outside of Oregon to make contributions?

On 11/18/2022 at 4:22 PM, father-of-three said:

I'm pretty sure a similar thing happened in Virginia when the democrats gained majorities in their legislature with a Democrat governor.  I still think Pennsylvania is next on on the Bloomberg/etc hit list.

Remember Lobby day? Think something like that could be organized in PA, if they went full retard? 

I do. 

On 11/18/2022 at 4:22 PM, father-of-three said:

Is it illegal for groups outside of Oregon to make contributions?

I wouldn’t even know who to donate to…but I’m willing to donate to help. 

50 minutes ago, Displaced Texan said:

Remember Lobby day? Think something like that could be organized in PA, if they went full retard? 

I do. 

I wouldn’t even know who to donate to…but I’m willing to donate to help. 

Yes.  I had a membership in the Virginia Defense League.  There were lots of people there, which Im pretty sure they can't do anymore due to one of the laws the democrats changed.

I was referrring to the article (by Bearing Arms I think) that said that groups outside of Oregon donated and apparently helped to influence their new "Jersey style" law.  As much as I dislike the anti gun groups, it was unclear in the article if those groups followed or did not follow Oregon law, assuming that there is such a law.