silverado427

Bacon Porkroll Sausage

7 minutes ago, Scorpio64 said:

erm..  I don't think the cartoons you are thinking about are the ones kids are watching today.

Though I made sausages with breakfast today, this is not about sausage.

Has anyone here made frog toast using eggnog?  If you haven't, you should.

1 tsp Cinnamon

1 tsp Allspice

3 eggs

about 3/4 cup eggnog.

Fuk'n FANTASTIC!!!

What alcohol to add into that? Rum? 

54 minutes ago, Scorpio64 said:

r u fuk'n retarded.

BOURBON!!!

I didn't use bourbon because I wanted the batter thick, but a tablespoon or two of bourbon should be enough.

I wouldn’t ruin perfectly good bourbon by adding anything to it. 

A dark rum, maybe. But NEVER a bourbon, you heathen. 

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, Displaced Texan said:

What, no sausage gravy??!!!! What’s wrong with you? 

Iffin' I'm a want'n to fancy up white gravy, I use jarred dried beef or a quality sliced ham that I've dried in the oven.  Since dried beef is so damn expensive, I usually go with ham if I have it.  Chopped up smoked ham chunks are great too. 

My grandmother used to make it for me, I've seen it prepared so many times I can do it in my sleep.  Every time Nanny made a bone-in ham, she'd flay every last scrap of meat off the bone and use some for creamed ham on toast or biscuits in the morning and split pea soup for dinner.  The things one learns from survivors of the Great Depression.

58 minutes ago, Scorpio64 said:

Every time Nanny made a bone-in ham, she'd flay every last scrap of meat off the bone and use some for creamed ham on toast or biscuits in the morning and split pea soup for dinner.  The things one learns from survivors of the Great Depression.

My grandparents did exactly the same thing. So did my dad. And so do I. 

On 11/19/2022 at 3:02 PM, silverado427 said:

Which is your favorite with your egg sandwich or breakfast. I just jumped ship from the pork roll fan club.

Bacon is now king.  

IMG_0016.jpg

Bacon with Pancakes or waffles

Scrapple with fried Eggs

Porkroll & Cheddar omelets. 

Porkroll on egg & cheese sandwiches...usually bagels or kaiser. 

11 hours ago, bennj said:

You get that meat from the hogs invading your property? I like sausage, especially sweet Italian, but still prefer bacon and porkroll.

I didn’t get a hog, and I’m kinda picky about the meat I use from them. 

That pork was from the grocery store. 

Do you use just pork, or a combo of meats? The reason I ask is because my grandmother used to make something like sausage patties using pork, veal, and ground meat I think. We would put it on a thick slice of her homemade bread with an egg on top of the sausage. Seeing some of your previous menu items I bet yours is pretty good.

2 hours ago, bennj said:

Do you use just pork, or a combo of meats? The reason I ask is because my grandmother used to make something like sausage patties using pork, veal, and ground meat I think. We would put it on a thick slice of her homemade bread with an egg on top of the sausage. Seeing some of your previous menu items I bet yours is pretty good.

Thanks!

I’ve made several different varieties of sausage, even a few with a blend of different meats. I’ve also done seafood sausages, and boudin, which is usually a mix of meat (or seafood) and rice. 

I often grind my own hamburger too. We have settled on a blend of chuck, brisket, and sirloin.

• Like 1