InFamous

FedEx Stole My Glock 19 Clone Frame?

I was on gun.deals on Oct. 17th and saw a SCT Glock 19 frame for $49.99 from Brownells. It stated it was backordered, so I ordered it and applied for permits figuring the shipment and my permits would come around the same time. Low and behold the frame shipped right away to my FFL and arrived Friday Oct 20th. I did not receive a call that my firearm was there like I usually do so on Monday I called them to let them know I was waiting on permits and got the usual no worries it'll be here when they're ready. I finally got approved on Nov 15th and went to my FFL on Nov 17th. I told the owner what I was there for and he searched for my paperwork. Nothing found...we start trying to figure out what was going on, FedEx tracking number, Brownells order number, date delivered etc. Turns out 2 packages that day were marked as delivered by FedEx, signed by someone that does not work there. The FFL had already reported a Ruger Precision Rifle as missing to local PD and an investigation is open for it. They had no idea who the second package belonged to. Turns out it was mine. 

I called Brownells to report the issue, they are launching their own investigation, stating they have to have proof from FedEx that it wasn't delivered. I explained it's marked as delivered but never was.

The officer contacted me today for some more information and stated he will contact Brownells about the issue also. The Ruger Precision that was also missing was from GrabAGun and the purchaser was refunded. 

IDK the point of this post, but anyone have this happen before? Also, what do I do if Brownells says FedEx claims the package was delivered and they won't refund me?

BTW the dates are important because they were wondering for 3 weeks who the other package was for, and it was because I was waiting for permits....

11 hours ago, InFamous said:

IDK the point of this post, but anyone have this happen before?

I ordered a pistol from Bud's and happened to be at the FFL when it was delivered. We opened the box, and then the case, and the pistol was gone. (The 2nd magazine was still there.)

Upon close examination we found the shipping box had been slit on the long edge, the case obviously removed to get the pistol out, then replaced and the box taped up. We took pictures, reported it to Bud's and the ATF.

Bud's credited me about 12 days later when the 'investigation' was completed. Never heard anything more about it, from Bud's or the ATF.

Although someone directly involved told me 'this happens a lot more than you think'. How nice.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, InFamous said:

I feel a little bit better knowing it does happen but at the same time shocked that it happens. 

I was shocked that the ATF didn't do a damn thing to check out the theft. At least not that I could tell. Collect evidence, file a report with the complainant? Nah.

The only follow up was that UPS checked out a few things before they (apparently) paid off the claim. Bud's didn't reimburse me until that was complete.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, 45Doll said:

I was shocked that the ATF didn't do a damn thing to check out the theft. At least not that I could tell. Collect evidence, file a report with the complainant? Nah.

The only follow up was that UPS checked out a few things before they (apparently) paid off the claim. Bud's didn't reimburse me until that was complete.

That's what I'm going through now. I don't even know if the ATF is involved more than the fact that the officer investigating is letting them know. The good thing is the officer said he would call Brownells so at least they have proof I didn't receive the frame. 

UPDATE!

My frame and the other person's Ruger Precision has been located! Apparently FedEx DID deliver the boxes on Oct. 20th like the tracking indicated. Only problem is, they delivered it to the back door of the Chinese food place across the street, with no signature. The owner brought it in when he saw them. I'm not sure when he actually opened them but I'm assuming very recently because he called Hackettstown PD and they delivered them to Hackettstown Firearms on Saturday. 

I got the call this morning from the owner of Hackettstown Firearms. I saw the caller ID and was figuring he was just following up with info on the investigation. I was shocked when he told me the frame was there. He said when the Chinese food place owner opened the boxes he freaked out seeing firearms and immediately called the police. 

I went down there early afternoon to do the paperwork, chatted with the owner Don and the retired LEO that works there. The Hackettstown officer stopped by and ran a check on the serial number to ensure it wasn't on the national stolen list. Spent about an hour hanging out and chatting with the three of them. Submitted NICS and will pick it up next week after approval. 

SIDE NOTE:

For anyone interested. They received in a M&P Shield 9mm two tone with Silver slide. $400 out the door which is an amazing deal. They also got in a Taurus Judge with a 6" barrel. I didn't catch the price as he was logging it in. 

Don't get me started on Fed Ex. A couple of months ago, we had ordered a specific printer for the business when our current one went down (over $1000.00 item, the sender shipped it with special instructions "Direct Signature Required"). Driver faked the delivery and stole it off the truck. Of course Fed Ex denied this could have happened and expected me to believe that they delivered it to a wrong address. Yeah, someone that didn't order something has it show up at their door (a 4 1/2 foot 80 lb box no less) and knows what name to sign. When I asked to see the signature of the receipient, they "didn't have that information.". They are at a 95% failure rate of delivering to my address - I'm in my shop at 7am every morning and EVERY time tracking will say "Attempted delivery at 10:30 am, business was closed" when I was here, usually with the front door open and never once has there been a call tag left.  The printer issue caused a missed deadline costing me a $1200 job.
My wife & I ordered ammo online and paid extra for signature required - they left it on the doorstep of a wrong address with no signature.

I no longer do ANY business with a company that uses them and always let them know why I'll shop elsewhere. Even dropped a vendor that I typically do 8-10K yearly with

ZERO accountability from them always. Biggest POS company I have ever dealt with that employs liars and thieves. Wish them nothing but the worst.

• Like 1