leo-польд

carry and leave gun in car while not carry

10 hours ago, ESB said:

Looking into away to secure my handgun in the car when I can't CCW at a particular location and am forced to leave it in the car.  I like this because it is small making more options for placement, but mounting it and changing the holster to fit different guns would be a major PITA I think.  

https://varasafety.com/

Saw these guys at SHOT Show a couple years ago - was not impressed with the product.

On 12/2/2022 at 9:49 AM, 124gr9mm said:

I had one of these in the last truck I had..pretty solid, bolted into existing bolt locations in the lower flip up seat/console ..I pulled it out when I sold the truck ….if anyone needs one for a Dodge Ram let me know 

• Like 1

On 11/27/2022 at 6:12 PM, Jfoster99 said:

Where do I point my gun when doing this in my cramped car? 

You can't load your firearm in your car according to the way the unconstitutional law is written. You must exit your car and load it there.

29 minutes ago, pjd832 said:

Lol ..that’s going to end well 

Loaded in your car, will until the courts toss it, be a crime of the 3rd degree, equivalent to a felony. That's the purpose of the law, to turn as many gun owners as possible into felons. Until the law is overturned by the courts I will follow it to the letter.

17 minutes ago, brucin said:

Loaded in your car, will until the courts toss it, be a crime of the 3rd degree, equivalent to a felony. That's the purpose of the law, to turn as many gun owners as possible into felons. Until the law is overturned by the courts I will follow it to the letter.

I get that, I just meat the law is asinine and they must be complete idiots to think that it’s better to have people standing by their trunks loading and unloading holstering and unholstering out in plain view ..it’s ridiculous for a multitude of reasons.. from exponentially increasing the risks of nd’s due to people rushing to “not be seen” and making mistakes…to broadcasting which vehicles will have a weapon in them to criminals ….utter nonsensical legislation 

10 minutes ago, CMJeepster said:

Year(s)?

Here’s a link to the one I have it says ‘06-‘19 ram 1500 in lower console, mine is the 3 digit combo… they didn’t have the 4 digit combo when I got mine. 

https://www.consolevault.com/Dodge-Ram-Under-Seat-Console-2006--2019_p_30.html#.Y4ys56ROmew

43 minutes ago, pjd832 said:

Here’s a link to the one I have it says ‘06-‘19 ram 1500 in lower console, mine is the 3 digit combo… they didn’t have the 4 digit combo when I got mine. 

https://www.consolevault.com/Dodge-Ram-Under-Seat-Console-2006--2019_p_30.html#.Y4ys56ROmew

So rear 3 bucket seat?  I have rear bench.  Ugh!

7 hours ago, pjd832 said:

I get that, I just meat the law is asinine and they must be complete idiots to think that it’s better to have people standing by their trunks loading and unloading holstering and unholstering out in plain view ..it’s ridiculous for a multitude of reasons.. from exponentially increasing the risks of nd’s due to people rushing to “not be seen” and making mistakes…to broadcasting which vehicles will have a weapon in them to criminals ….utter nonsensical legislation 

Sorry my sarcasm meter was being a bit wonky.

I totally agree with you and all the reasons you listed.

If one has to follow this law they should load and unload in a slow and deliberate manner. A negligent discharge will get your permit revoked, probably permanently.

2 hours ago, brucin said:

Sorry my sarcasm meter was being a bit wonky.

I totally agree with you and all the reasons you listed.

If one has to follow this law they should load and unload in a slow and deliberate manner. A negligent discharge will get your permit revoked, probably permanently.

Agreed ….seemingly it’s so convoluted that either people won’t carry for fear of mistakenly becoming a felon because of the nonsensical laws….or the carry and get popped for an honest mistake due to the stupidity of the laws…..either way a win for the overlords