Cheflife15

Swapping bolt carrier groups

40 minutes ago, Cheflife15 said:

There may come a day where I take you up on this! I actually took my bcg apart the other day and really cleaned everything.. I took the advice here and bought some replacement parts incase I need them. Very thankful for the education I get from you guys. 

anytime!

put yourself on this waiting list and when they hit, buy a few.  They are from 2007 and 2013 production, not new production so old Colt.  whole thread on arfcom on how these keep popping up once or twice a year from NOS.  inventory management for gov and the like really sucks  lol

one should always have spare lpk on hand.  when you buy 'oops small parts kits' and the like, make sure it's correct such as detentes should be cadmium, many do not, Colt, LMT, FN, and even Aero do.  it matters, maybe not for 90% of us but there are material differences in lpk springs, detentes, etc when you have extreme temp changes and humidity.

oh and whatever @High Exposure says I listen to as he's not only a great guy but does know his $hit   (for the most part...I kid I kid)  lol

https://armsunlimited.com/colt-ar15-m4-mil-spec-lower-parts-kit/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 1/5/2023 at 8:33 AM, High Exposure said:

If anyone bought a Wilson BCG via their recent Blem sale - there are internet reports of functional defects, not just cosmetic blems.

I don’t have one, so have no firsthand experience. Just passing along what I am seeing. Remember - this is the internet, so grain of salt and all that.

so an update to anyone that bought one.

mine had the cotter pin jammed through, turns out the lines don't align AND the cam path is fucked.  I contacted wc and they wanted pics for the refund.  I told them, 'you must be joking, it's bullet proof line, you're being inundated with calls regarding these 'blems' and you want pics, pics coming refund my money and you lost a customer'  He pulled up my account and saw that I am a buyer of lots of stuff from them and then tried to worm the discussion that I just shut down.   I personally find it bad business on such a colossal fuk up.  these are not blems, these have QC issues.  Given the way the cotter pin was jammed in, no way only 1 person knew about this so it had to be a company move.

the cam pin already had a groove cut into it and it's never been cycled by me!

the good, the bolt is beautiful

20230106_122634.jpg

• Informative 1
  • FacePalm 1

3 hours ago, RUTGERS95 said:

mine had the cotter pin jammed through, turns out the lines don't align AND the cam path is fucked.  I contacted wc and they wanted pics for the refund.  I told them, 'you must be joking, it's bullet proof line, you're being inundated with calls regarding these 'blems' and you want pics, pics coming refund my money and you lost a customer'  He pulled up my account and saw that I am a buyer of lots of stuff from them and then tried to worm the discussion that I just shut down.   I personally find it bad business on such a colossal fuk up.  these are not blems, these have QC issues.  Given the way the cotter pin was jammed in, no way only 1 person knew about this so it had to be a company move.

20230106_122634.jpg

Not good business practice to put out questionable blem part then to make people jump through hoops to swap or cover under warranty. 

It's probably on the manufacturer's side and they also caught in the middle but at the end of the day it's got your name and your reputation on the line. Sometimes as a manufacturer or a company you gotta bite the bullet and do what's right by yer customers.

Negative press like this will always follow with the internet now.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, My1stGlock said:

Not good business practice to put out questionable blem part then to make people jump through hoops to swap or cover under warranty. 

It's probably on the manufacturer's side and they also caught in the middle but at the end of the day it's got your name and your reputation on the line. Sometimes as a manufacturer or a company you gotta bite the bullet and do what's right by yer customers.

Negative press like this will always follow with the internet now.  

Completely agree with this. I'm in sales and sometimes it's better to lose a bit of money upfront to keep your reputation. 

3 hours ago, RUTGERS95 said:

Mike,

Was this a recent purchase? I would call the credit card company and claim with them if possible. Indicate damaged or vendor won't accept return? Depends on what your cards offer if that's an option.  Keep us posted on the outcome.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, My1stGlock said:

Mike,

Was this a recent purchase? I would call the credit card company and claim with them if possible. Indicate damaged or vendor won't accept return? Depends on what your cards offer if that's an option.  Keep us posted on the outcome.

on it but thanks!

I'll let WC respond and if any issues, that is exactly what I will do

thanks!!!!!