njviper91

Buying AR barrels online

I was looking to purchase a CMMG MkGs 9mm AR-style Barrel & BCG Kit, 16" Barrel. Found it in stock at Sportsman's Guide. When I add it to the cart and go to check out its telling me the item is restricted to my zip code in NJ. Is it not legal to buy a threaded barrel online, or is it that this retailer will just not ship the parts to NJ?  I would take it and get it pinned and welded when I received it.

Sportsman's Guide will not ship any AR parts to NJ. They haven't for a long time because they don't feel like dealing with the BS laws. Funny enough they WILL ship handgun ammo with no proof of FID to us.

7 minutes ago, InFamous said:

Sportsman's Guide will not ship any AR parts to NJ. They haven't for a long time because they don't feel like dealing with the BS laws. Funny enough they WILL ship handgun ammo with no proof of FID to us.

ok, cool.  So I assume I should be able to get the barrel I want elsewhere?  They were the only place that had it in stock.