CMJeepster

Pennsylvania, you're the next contestant on Gun Control is Right!

Ban Of Firearms With High Capacity Magazines Weighed In PA (msn.com)

This should be interesting to see what the residents of the state do when the idiots in Harrisburg try to take away their firearms.  Personally, having grown up in PA and still having relatives there, I don't see any of them giving up ANYTHING.  Legally, the right to bear arms is enshrined in the state constitution, so that's a major hurdle.

The Constitution of Pennsylvania - PA General Assembly (state.pa.us)

9 minutes ago, CMJeepster said:

Personally, having grown up in PA and still having relatives there, I don't see any of them giving up ANYTHING. 

PA gun culture revolves largely around deer hunting Fudds.  The 2A faction of that culture is small.  As long as they get to close shop and run out to their stands with a 30-30 lever or 30-06 bolt action, they won't put up much of a fight.  PA gun owners will get mad as wet hens about it, but will just cluck cluck cluck.

10 minutes ago, Scorpio64 said:

PA gun culture revolves largely around deer hunting Fudds.  The 2A faction of that culture is small.  As long as they get to close shop and run out to their stands with a 30-30 lever or 30-06 bolt action, they won't put up much of a fight.  PA gun owners will get mad as wet hens about it, but will just cluck cluck cluck.

And then you have my circle of friends who are all licensed to carry and have ARs and AKs in case they need them. ;)

PA has approximately 1.5 million CCW holders, behind Florida and Texas. https://crimeresearch.org/2022/11/concealed-carry-permit-holders-across-the-united-states-2021-2/

I don't see these people giving up their guns willingly.  They are a formidable voting block to overcome.  The Dems would have to start NOW writing down names of new voters, from cemeteries in Philadelphia and Pittsburgh, to win upcoming elections to hang onto power.

As someone has already mentioned, the 2nd Amendment is enshrined in their state constitution.  

I used to think ‘fuck em, they got what they voted for’. 

Not anymore. I realized this is the wrong mindset. We are ALL under assault, no matter what state you live in. 
This is why I continue to call, email, write representatives in NJ, and send money to organizations like GOA, ANJRPC, and such. 

We need, as a whole, to keep in the fight for our god given second amendment rights, no matter what state you live in. 

Stand together with your brothers and sisters on ANY and all states and fight.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

21 minutes ago, Displaced Texan said:

I used to think ‘fuck em, they got what they voted for’. 

Not anymore. I realized this is the wrong mindset. We are ALL under assault, no matter what state you live in. 
This is why I continue to call, email, write representatives in NJ, and send money to organizations like GOA, ANJRPC, and such. 

I applaud that thinking... and couldn't agree more! Anti-2A efforts should be treated like cancer cells... you need to blitz them hard and fast at the point of origin... instead of sitting back and waiting while they spread to other sites. The people pushing the anti-2A stuff have very deep pockets, and plenty of useful idiots (MDA) all too happy to follow their direction... that's a potent combo and not to be underestimated. 

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Mrs. Peel said:

Anti-2A efforts should be treated like cancer cells... you need to blitz them hard and fast at the point of origin... instead of sitting back and waiting while they spread to other sites.

This X1000

There are anti gun bills submitted on a yearly basis, usually by the same reps from Pittsburgh or Philadelphia, and they die in committee.  Technically it shouldn't even make a difference now, but in January, the state house will have a 1 seat democrat majority.  The senate is still a republican majority by 6 or 7 seats.

That's not to say bad things can't  happen in Pennsylvania like they did in Virginia a few years back.  

Illinois is also getting deeper into the game:

https://www.thecentersquare.com/illinois/witness-slips-stack-up-as-illinois-house-committee-set-to-debate-more-gun-restrictions-monday/article_18caab00-7729-11ed-9b84-47ec1ed8a10b.html

No matter the state you live in, we all need to get into the fight. 

9 hours ago, Displaced Texan said:

https://www.thecentersquare.com/illinois/witness-slips-stack-up-as-illinois-house-committee-set-to-debate-more-gun-restrictions-monday/article_18caab00-7729-11ed-9b84-47ec1ed8a10b.html

How sad.  The Roman Church in Illinois is as anti-gun as liberal protestant denominations.

According to them, there is "easy access" to guns in Illinois. /Sigh/

10 hours ago, father-of-three said:

How sad.  The Roman Church in Illinois is as anti-gun as liberal protestant denominations.

According to them, there is "easy access" to guns in Illinois. /Sigh/

Not all churches are pro gun control.  The trustees at my church, and a few other people are discussing passing a resolution to allow carry in our church when the new gun law passes and express permission is required.  Waiting to see exactly what the law says before we act. 

Lots of churches and some denominations believe they are to control the people.  A few believe they are to serve the people and trust their congregation as responsible adults.

17 minutes ago, maintenanceguy said:

Not all churches are pro gun control.  The trustees at my church, and a few other people are discussing passing a resolution to allow carry in our church when the new gun law passes and express permission is required.  Waiting to see exactly what the law says before we act. 

Lots of churches and some denominations believe they are to control the people.  A few believe they are to serve the people and trust their congregation as responsible adults.

I agree, but I didn't say all churches are anti-gun, just the liberal ones like Presbyterian church USA.

1 minute ago, father-of-three said:

I agree, but I didn't say all churches are anti-gun, just the liberal ones like Presbyterian church USA.

My wife used to work for the board of pension for Presbyterian church USA. 
OMG what a bunch of liberal assholes. 

It’s difficult to  believe some of the shit that goes on there..

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, Bellasdaddy said:

If Pennsylvania does move forward with this it, it will no doubt be vigorously challenged in PA and could ultimately settle the debate on a national scale

I hope you're right, but the realist in me thinks that politicians are ALWAYS looking to pass something meaningless to say they were "tough on guns" or passing "common sense gun laws".

A vigorous challenge pales in comparison to political points...

17 hours ago, Bellasdaddy said:

Isnt there supposed to be a ruling in an appeals court to settle the magazine capacity debate? If Pennsylvania does move forward with this it, it will no doubt be vigorously challenged in PA and could ultimately settle the debate on a national scale.

That's hard to tell.  The PA Supreme court leans left currently, so it may be up to the state senate to hold the line.

On 12/9/2022 at 1:14 PM, Displaced Texan said:

Semi-auto gun ban only part of solution, Illinois House told (msn.com)

“To disarm the people would not save lives. ... Criminals do not follow laws,” Guadarrama said.

------

:facepalm: