RobCo

Possible pistol permit foul-up

I'm curious as to what you would do about this possible foul-up.

About a month ago I put in for 3 pistol permits and a received an email that my application for a NJ Firearms Purchaser Identification Card and/or Permit to Purchase a Handgun(s) has been approved by the issuing authority. And there is a link to download my E-FID (which I did not request).

But it also states my electronic permits are available for use and you will not see the permits until a handgun transfer is executed. 

I know they are using a generic email template for the FIDs and the electronic pistol permits. Is there anyway I can check to see if the permits are there and available? This is not my first time to this rodeo but I just want to be sure. Not that I go to purchase a pistol and then find out the permits aren't there. I emailed my local PD (Bridgewater) but I think they are still having email and phone issues. 

What would you guys do?

That is standard operating procedure.  You now get a copy of your FID and the permits remain hidden until you go to use them.  I would go buy a gun and have no worries.  The permits will be there.  Print out that copy of your FID and put it in the safe so you have a spare.

• Agree 2

18 minutes ago, Tunaman said:

That is standard operating procedure.  You now get a copy of your FID and the permits remain hidden until you go to use them.  I would go buy a gun and have no worries.  The permits will be there.  Print out that copy of your FID and put it in the safe so you have a spare.

Good to know, thanks

apparently it doesnt matter if you have a paper card.  You need to download the new card and save it in case you lose the other one.  If you do lose the other one and dont download the electronic one you have to re submit the entire application to get one.  The download is only good for a certain time so do it now.  I see no expiration date on the digital FID. 

• Thanks 1