njviper91

Handgun replacement by Manufacturer

I recently sent in a .22 Pistol to ruger to be repaired.  They replied to me that they could not repair it and would be sending me a current production model and that it would have to go to my local FFL because it will have a new serial number.

Im 99% sure I have to apply for a new permit for this now (unless someone knows a loophole), I started that process and was told by my local police that they are 8 weeks out :/

My main question is, what happens to my current permit with the gun ruger is keeping?  Do I have to do anything with that to show it is no longer in my possession and I no longer own it?

1 minute ago, njviper91 said:

what happens to my current permit with the gun ruger is keeping?

Permit to purchase.....  not permit to keep.

Ruger will destroy the original gun and report it to ATF.  Print out and keep a hard copy record of your correspondence with Ruger indicating the gun was destroyed and replaced.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Scorpio64 said:

Permit to purchase.....  not permit to keep.

Ruger will destroy the original gun and report it to ATF.  Print out and keep a hard copy record of your correspondence with Ruger indicating the gun was destroyed and replaced.

Ok, that makes sense, i was confused by the fact that there was no "transfer" paperwork per say of the damaged gun other than me sending it to them.  I was looking for some type of "reporting" so that makes sense.