leo-польд

Carry while travel to FL and back

Hi, planning my trip to Florida with my Ram and would like to know what do I need to get besides my NJ carry permit? I heard GA is ok for our permit. What about other states on my way, I know to bypass Maryland and DC what else? I am taking PA route not 95. Can I get one permit to cover all of them and how? Thanks!

You can check each state’s website for car/truck carry. Last time we vacationed in the Carolinas I checked and my Florida non-resident permit was good for North Carolina but not in South Carolina. However, and here is where you should see what is currently legal, 5 years ago a loaded gun in the car was ok in SC permit or not. 
According to the USA Carry map, a NJ carry permit is only good in VA, NC & GA.

1 hour ago, leo-польд said:

Can I get one permit to cover all of them

Unless you're a government agent or LEO of some kind I don't think that's possible.

If you intend to carry you should be aware of reciprocity rules for the states you'll be going through and plan to stop and secure your firearms(s) in a travel case/safe as necessary.

https://www.usconcealedcarry.com/resources/ccw_reciprocity_map

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Displaced Texan said:

It appears that with the exception of Md, a Texas LTC will work. 

https://pointblankchl.com/texas-ltc-reciprocity/

If you're not a resident of TX, SC doesn't recognize a TX permit.

@Displaced Texan - we know, you're not like us :p

1 minute ago, Mr.Stu said:

If you're not a resident of TX, SC doesn't recognize a TX permit.

@Displaced Texan - we know, you're not like us :p

I didn’t realize SC was being such a bitch. Surprising. 

Y’all can set up a tent on my ranch and call it your residence. I have room. :p

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Moutinas said:

a loaded gun in the car was ok in SC permit or not

https://www.usconcealedcarry.com/resources/ccw_reciprocity_map/sc-gun-laws/

Without a permit the firearm must be secured in a closed glove compartment, closed console, closed trunk, or in a closed container secured by an integral fastener and transported in the luggage compartment. 

You should check out some CCW Reciprocity maps.  

USCCA Concealed Carry Reciprocity Map & U.S. Gun Laws | USCCA (usconcealedcarry.com)

What states do you have?  If only NJ, you will not be able to legally CCW all the way from NJ to FL.  Basically, only NJ, VA, NC, and GA.  Without a FL LTC, you will not be able to CCW in FL.  

image.thumb.png.7b0706f2784d927ff4d6e0223b034742.png

You should really consider getting Utah Non-Resident CCW Permit (gets you 33 states), FL Non-Resident CCW Permit, and PA Non-Resident Permit.  

If you have a NJ CCW, you can go to PA and get one fairly quickly depending on the county you go to.  Do a search here for the info.  

You can also get Utah and Florida Non-Resident permits fairly easily by attending a class at your Local Gun Shop.  However it will take several weeks to actually get.  

Even with all of those, you will not be able to legally CCW in SC as they only recognize Resident CCW licenses from states that accept theirs.  Since NJ does not accept any other state, SC does not accept NJ.  And since the other CCW licenses I mentioned are Non-Resident ones, SC will not accept those.  :(  This seems to be a violation of the 14th Amendment.  

If you have NJ, UT, PA, and FL, here is where you could carry:  

image.thumb.png.445c2d1ec5b825b5f4b2b5d2b2f58797.png

• Agree 1

10 hours ago, Displaced Texan said:

I didn’t realize SC was being such a bitch. Surprising. 

Y’all can set up a tent on my ranch and call it your residence. I have room. :p

Without a permit/license, South Carolina will allow you to keep the gun in the glovebox loaded and allow you to carry it loaded to where you are staying, if you are lodging in that state.

In my opinion, those conditions are a bargain compared to other states where FOPA is needed.

• Agree 1

14 minutes ago, BigGuns said:

We did, in half of Congress. The House passed it Trump's first year, but the Senate refused to put it up for a vote. Do we know who the true enemy is in the country now?

The ‘real’ enemy of the people of this country has been .gov for at least all of my 56 years..

• Like 1
  • Agree 3