050417Jl

Pocket Cut

4 minutes ago, 050417Jl said:

Do you guys know if owning a lower receiver with a m16 trigger pocket cut is legal here in NJ? I don’t see any laws against it anywhere. Just the trigger pocket with all semi auto parts and no pin hole drilled or sear. 

Who is going to tear it apart and look?

25 minutes ago, 050417Jl said:

Do you guys know if owning a lower receiver with a m16 trigger pocket cut is legal here in NJ? I don’t see any laws against it anywhere. Just the trigger pocket with all semi auto parts and no pin hole drilled or sear. 

Contact one of the many FFLs who advertise here and iniquire with them.

Interesting first post ever.....

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, gleninjersey said:

Contact one of the many FFLs who advertise here and iniquire with them.

Interesting first post ever.....

FFLs are actually the ones giving me issues with it. But the receiver in question actually has a block there. Im heading in tomorrow to see for myself but I’m 98% certain they don’t know what the hell they’re talking about. Unless the company sent in the wrong lower somehow. It’s the Colt M4A1 US GOVT marked lower and all their new lowers are typically milled with the block. Picture in link. Am I wrong or can you physically not put a damn auto sear through that shit?

https://ibb.co/Kb4FswG

14 minutes ago, Displaced Texan said:

We have had several ‘odd’ first posts today. 

My spidey sense is tingling.

You mean your AFT sense? Nah just trying to see if my FFL is retarded. https://ibb.co/Kb4FswG

that’s clearly not an m16 trigger pocket and unless the shop shipped the wrong rifle, they’re wrong. Gonna check physically tomorrow.

7 minutes ago, 050417Jl said:

FFL is giving me shit. https://ibb.co/Kb4FswG
unless I was shipped the wrong lower, then from that picture they’re wrong. 

Stranger things have happened.

I recall a story recently where an FFL ordered a bunch of surplus crates at a military auction/sale.  When they received the crates they were full of select-fire M4's...

• FacePalm 1

8 minutes ago, JohnnyB said:

From what I can see having enhanced your pic in Photoshop, NO WAY IN HELL IS THAT POCKET MILLED!

M16 on the right, AR15 on the left. Clear picture of yours below. You are good to go in my opinion!

download.jpg

E8-A4-FFA3-C00-E-4750-B713-4030648-D0-B6-B.jpg

That’s what I’m saying. Unless I got shipped some modified lower or a fake, then I’m dealing with either blind dealers, or complete idiots. It’s the Colt M4A1 Prop of US model they made a few years back. I think they’re afraid of the markings but that’s too damn bad. It’s legal. 

• Agree 1

Right on both counts, They are idiots and they are going by the stamp on the side. The stamp means nothing!

I have lowers with us govt property and a full auto position.......Means absolutely nothing!

Print out this thread with the pics I posted and take them with you to prove your point!

My guess is that pic you posted is what you purchased but you did not take that pic nor have you seen the receiver. Be polite with the transferring FFL, you piss him off with attitude, you will not win the argument, even if you are 100% correct!

Colt M4A1 lowers are NOT M16 cut shelves. Not even close. 
I know many guys who bought Colt M4A1 lowers in NJ, myself included. 

FWIW, when I lived in NJ, I bought several low shelf lower receivers from Mega Machine and Tool. 
No issues transferring them whatsoever. 

First pic is my Colt M4 receiver. Second is the Mega Machine and Tool lower. 
Big difference between the two. The Colt has a web between the rear takedown pin and safety (I think it’s called a sear web, if I remember correctly), and is also not cut as deep as the Mega. It is impossible to install a FA FCG in a current Colt lower without milling it out. Period. 

OP, your FFL is a dumbshit. Find one that isn’t stupid. 

43E815D6-B5EF-4970-8EC6-7D3AB5D32651.jpeg

E3522417-78F4-4ABD-94CC-4A22A938E49E.jpeg

• Agree 1

On 12/14/2022 at 9:20 PM, 050417Jl said:

You mean your AFT sense? Nah just trying to see if my FFL is retarded. https://ibb.co/Kb4FswG

that’s clearly not an m16 trigger pocket and unless the shop shipped the wrong rifle, they’re wrong. Gonna check physically tomorrow.

OP, were you able to get this transferred to you? 

Nothing prohibiting the sale in NJ that we are aware of.  Worth nothing that there are a number of different pockets.  Some are anit-auto like the Colt shown above.  The M16 pocket (per mil-spec) is also slightly different than the M4 pocket (per mil-spec).  All of our current productions lowers are true to the M4A1 mil-spec pocket.