ben

Pistol Purchase Permit Wait Time

i am in Hamilton my permits took about 4 weeks. that was this past March

if you are an NRA member trying contacting them they may be able to help move things along. When i as waiting for mine i spoke to an NRA recruiter who told me to call him if i didn't get my permit in 30 days and he would call them. but i got it in 28 days so i didn't need to call him

This is where it gets crazy my FID took 6 months a handgun permit took 5 weeks.

Wow, which town do you live in so that I never move there?

I have no local PD so it's state police, also im not a US citizen so it becomes a little more complicated but not impossible.

Ah alright, makes sense.

Wow, which town do you live in so that I never move there?

I have no local PD so it's state police, also im not a US citizen so it becomes a little more complicated but not impossible.

Ah alright, makes sense.

Actually I don't think it matters I believe the law says the state has 30 days to issue the permit or deny it and tell you why it

The 30 day law is really not observed anymore. Its been compared on here before to some silly laws like you cannot walk down main street on wednesdays wearing a black shirt and eating ice cream at the same time.

It is funny how all other gun related laws must be followed to a T for the public, but when it comes to a law in our favor it is not observed. :roll:

The 30 day law is really not observed anymore. Its been compared on here before to some silly laws like you cannot walk down main street on wednesdays wearing a black shirt and eating ice cream at the same time.

It is funny how all other gun related laws must be followed to a T for the public, but when it comes to a law in our favor it is not observed. :roll:

with the new requirements.... fbi checks, backgrounds, refrences, and to top it all off 1 officer typically is responsible for all of the permits and FId....... and oh yeah, they typically have other stuff to do... like investigate crimes and stuff.

it does suck though. I mean you can sue the town by all means, and you will win the legal battle.... but is it worth it? the 30 day thing is highly difficult to observe.

its like if you own a business to repair widgets... and you promise 24 hour return time.... you are the only employee, and all of the sudden you get a surge of repairs.

I really do understand it from both sides.

with the new requirements.... fbi checks, backgrounds, refrences, and to top it all off 1 officer typically is responsible for all of the permits and FId....... and oh yeah, they typically have other stuff to do... like investigate crimes and stuff.

it does suck though. I mean you can sue the town by all means, and you will win the legal battle.... but is it worth it? the 30 day thing is highly difficult to observe.

its like if you own a business to repair widgets... and you promise 24 hour return time.... you are the only employee, and all of the sudden you get a surge of repairs.

Just because they have other stuff to do is not my problem. Cops never seem to care that I have other stuff to do when I am running late and drive a little too fast. Or when I don

Just because they have other stuff to do is not my problem. Cops never seem to care that I have other stuff to do when I am running late and drive a little too fast. Or when I don

waiting 3 months and counting.. getting a bunch of run arounds from local PD.. one detective pointing to other and other says he is no longer doing handgun permits.. Time to write a captain or how should I escalate the request?

Write your mayor.

I think the law requires a seven (7) day minium and a thirty (30) day maximim for pistol permits to be issued or denied.

waiting 3 months and counting.. getting a bunch of run arounds from local PD.. one detective pointing to other and other says he is no longer doing handgun permits.. Time to write a captain or how should I escalate the request?

One does not simply wake up a 4 year old thread.

:D