DbleTrouble

Let’s see those iconic handguns

These were given to me by the estate of my friend and mentor - the late, great Pat Rogers.

RIGCbCY.jpg

This S&W model 38 was his BUG when he worked NYPD:

PBOvu2E.jpg

Looks like the whole gun was coated in NP3. Pat and Freddie Blish were good friends so it was probably sent to Robar for some custom work as well. The trigger is amazing.

This 1911 was his off duty carry for a few years:

nrCVb87.jpg

Colt frame, Unknown slide. Has a fitted Bar-Sto barrel and some custom parts. Again, based on how this thing shoots, it probably has custom work done, but I don’t know by whom.

WhlqH6i.jpg

• Like 5

1978. Mint, but not virgin. Factory tuned and unbelievable trigger. I'm the original owner and I have the original grips. But I like these rosewoods.

868311755_ForNJGF.jpg.5c1cdbb2130f14764f09117f9c2b931c.jpg

Note: Truth in advertising, and I stand corrected. Those grips are Rogers synthetics. I just looked at the original boxes (with the original grips in them). They were $16 in 1978 at Leslie Edleman's.

So it seems sometime in the 21st Century they transitioned to Rosewood. :icon_mrgreen: But I still like them.

• Like 1

Likely the most iconic handgun in existence, the Colt Single Action Army won repute in the holsters of Roosevelt's Rough Riders and received the West in the fingers of guys like Wyatt Earp and Bat Masterson.Long ago, yoyos have been made from wood, steel or painted pottery discs. As properly as their use as a toy, yoyos have been used as weapons. Five hundred years ago, hunters in some international locations would disguise up timber with a rock tied to a lengthy piece of rope.
Edited by Noah