Mike77

Texas: Robber carrying fake gun.....

Just now, Scorpio64 said:

I also read a few libtard posts on Twitter.  People were saying he murdered the guy because he shot criminal dude in the back. 

Might have been in back, but still had "gun" and had a civilian in front of him. He still "protected himself and others"....

Until he went full John Wick on him!

30 minutes ago, Mike77 said:

Might have been in back, but still had "gun" and had a civilian in front of him

So, I DL'd the video and watched it frame by frame from the point where the robbery victim pulls his gun and shoots.  Criminal dude was pointing his darwin award gat at the guy sitting at the left nearest the door when the first shot was fired.

The only thing I didn't like was that chill bro, the somewhat catatonic guy on the right sitting nearest the door may, and I stress may, because I wasn't behind the gun sights, may have been in the line of fire.

@raz-0  Thank you for uploading the video.  It's so stupid to age restrict videos, like your keyboard knows your age and has seen your birth certificate and somehow having an account verifies one's age.

19 minutes ago, CMJeepster said:

And they'll paint him as a Trump-loving white supremicist.

Yep, Mexico is famous for its white supremacists (sarc-off).  Unless this guy is connected to a dining club of baby eaters, he's gonna walk.

Seriously, if I ever had to deal with something like that, I'd probably need a day or two to get my shit back together. 

It would be poetic justice if he gets snagged on the last shot, and his sentence was 100hrs community service teaching women self defense, or any of the plethora of "how not to be a victim" courses.

I don’t think the ‘hero’ in the Taqueria shooting is going to be charged with anything. It’s pretty clear that this was self defense. Texas law is pretty cut and dried on the use of deadly force, we have a castle doctrine and no duty to retreat, and a right to defend ourselves, others, and property with the appropriate force. 
It appears to me, the hero was justified in his application of deadly force.

If for some reason he IS charged, I can’t see him getting convicted of anything. 

• Like 2

On 1/9/2023 at 4:20 PM, Mike77 said:

Could it be he possibly be a criminal to begin with? Maybe thats why he took off and shot that much? 

If he was a criminal he would have hit everyone else in the restaurant except the guy he was shooting at. 

• Haha 1

On 1/9/2023 at 4:20 PM, Scorpio64 said:

People were saying he murdered the guy because he shot criminal dude in the back.  He was on his way out, just there for the money, etc etc...  Bull shit.  As far as everyone knew, criminal dude was carrying a hot gat, and as long as that condition exists, ANYTHING could happen.

This is one of the most dangerous things about anti-gun rhetoric. Anyone else recall when Chicago PD literally recommended people just give in to muggers' demands to be left alone?

You can't bank on what a wicked person wouldn't do. Normal people don't shoot people for no reason, but they also don't rob at gunpoint.

As far as shooting when he did... consider this:

1. It's survival. Shooting in the back isn't honorable, but neither is blinding someone with a flashlight. The goal is to not die.

2. The cone of fire was actually further away from the other patrons at that moment, so it was better for everyone else.

We also can neither assume he is a "good guy" for stopping the robber nor can we assume he is a "bad guy" for leaving before the police showed up. All we can do is learn and understand to best prepare for the possibility.

On 1/7/2023 at 11:10 PM, Mike77 said:

Apparently, after shooting, he took the money he took, gave back to the ppl, and left......cops still looking for him, to ask for his report on what happened.

and then they'll probably arrest him for those last couple rounds....even in texas.

2 hours ago, Lawnmower2021 said:

This is one of the most dangerous things about anti-gun rhetoric. Anyone else recall when Chicago PD literally recommended people just give in to muggers' demands to be left alone?

You can't bank on what a wicked person wouldn't do. Normal people don't shoot people for no reason, but they also don't rob at gunpoint.

1. It's survival. Shooting in the back isn't honorable, but neither is blinding someone with a flashlight. The goal is to not die.

2. The cone of fire was actually further away from the other patrons at that moment, so it was better for everyone else.

We also can neither assume he is a "good guy" for stopping the robber nor can we assume he is a "bad guy" for leaving before the police showed up. All we can do is learn and understand to best prepare for the possibility.

wasn't that when they were telling women to pee themselves to stop a rapist?

If you have time I always find active self protection on YouTube to be very interesting. 

One of the points he made that stood out (on a different video) was usually the act of being first to make the call to the police shows a better intent. These are all things the jury will remember.

I can't imagine the level of stress that goes into a situation like this but I don't think I would've just left like that. Perspective is everything. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Cheflife15 said:

If you have time I always find active self protection on YouTube to be very interesting. 

One of the points he made that stood out (on a different video) was usually the act of being first to make the call to the police shows a better intent. These are all things the jury will remember.

I can't imagine the level of stress that goes into a situation like this but I don't think I would've just left like that. Perspective is everything. 

Colion did a video just about this.....interesting to watch. He did a training scenario about it. 

• Informative 2

11 hours ago, Lawnmower2021 said:

Once again, there was a threat to everyone there.  The good guy shot the bad guy in the back was honorable.

LE agencies have different rules of engagement on different levels.  Last I knew NJ agencies almost had to spot the bad guy the first shot if the gun wasn't pointed at them. I know Federal agencies who had the policy if the bad guy had a gun in his hand, not pointed at you, you said drop it and they didn't do it in a microsecond, you shot him.  This info is dated.

Giving a bad guy a chance to drop the gun when people are in jeopardy will only result in someone getting hurt or killed.

• Agree 2

He's going to have to explain the 4 extra shots after the guy was down and the gun flew out of the perp's hands.  Plus the extra one at the end.  Up until then it looks very justified, the last one looks vigilante.  I think this is going to come down to how good his lawyer is and if the DA wants to make an example out of him.  

48 minutes ago, ESB said:

He's going to have to explain the 4 extra shots after the guy was down and the gun flew out of the perp's hands.  Plus the extra one at the end.  Up until then it looks very justified, the last one looks vigilante.  I think this is going to come down to how good his lawyer is and if the DA wants to make an example out of him.  

The 4 extra is easy. "I was focused on the shooter and did not see the gun fly out of his reach. To the best of my perception he was still a potential threat with a weapon within reach. It was a very short period of time."

The last one is the tricky one. 

20 hours ago, BigGuns said:

Can you kill someone more than once?

I mean at the end of it, the dude was probably dead at that point, or as good as. But legally the answer is probably that you aren't qualified to assess that. 

Even then TX has abuse of a corpse which is a felony under most circumstances. 

Watch the 2nd video in that.  Dude gets shot 7 times, gets back up and is able to run at cop and get a strangle hold on him.  Not sure if the perp still had  the knife at that point as the video ends, but if if he did, that cop would be dead.  Crazy. 

FF to the 2min mark.  All you miss in the first 2 min is that the dude has a big knife on him and keeps walking towards the officers as they retreat and completely ignores their orders.  

23 minutes ago, ESB said:

Watch the 2nd video in that.  Dude gets shot 7 times, gets back up and is able to run at cop and get a strangle hold on him.  Not sure if the perp still had  the knife at that point as the video ends, but if if he did, that cop would be dead.  Crazy. 

FF to the 2min mark.  All you miss in the first 2 min is that the dude has a big knife on him and keeps walking towards the officers as they retreat and completely ignores their orders.  

The guy did not pick up the knife again after being shot. That is why the cop went back to less lethal. If he still had the knife he would have been shot some more. TBH, that is incredibly good live decision making and reacting to changing circumstances on the part of the officers.

• Like 1