Jfoster99

Koons vs Reynolds case successful with TRO on NJ Carry Killer Law.

So the Temporary Restraining Order just issued against the NJ Carry Killer Bill does not block the entire law but it does make the NJ permit functional and prevents enforcement of the worst parts of the Law meaning.

A) Concealed Carry in an automobile allowed

B) Concealed Carry in Bars / Restaurants allowed

C) Concealed Carry at Sporting Events, etc allowed

D) Concealed Carry on private property unless specifically prohibited allowed.

It would ber great if the ANJRPC case being heard today can get the TRO expanded but this is certainly a good start. Of course I want the entire law declared unconstitutional but that will take time. 

Unless I am missing something I am really surprised more people like myself who felt the NJ  permitt under the Carry killer law was 100% useless are not jumping for joy.   95% of us should be able to carry 95% of the time, No?

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Jfoster99 said:

So the Temporary Restraining Order just issued against the NJ Carry Killer Bill does not block the entire law but it does make the NJ permit functional and prevents enforcement of the worst parts of the Law meaning.

Unless I am missing something I am really surprised more people like myself who felt the NJ  permitt under the Carry killer law was 100% useless are not jumping for joy.   95% of us should be able to carry 95% of the time, No?

There is plenty of jumping for joy going on in the "NJ Lawmakers Announce Plans to Destroy Right to Carry" thread.   Today was a big win!

In the short-term, I'm now most bothered by the still-standing requirement that we have the carry insurance that we're not allowed to have in NJ.   That is being challenge in the suit that was to have been heard today, now pushed back to Thursday because of today's TRO.    I like our odds for having most, maybe all, of the remaining provisions of the carry killer bill suspended while the long-term fate of the bill is decided.  I also like our odds of having the long-term fate of the bill be much more favorable to us.

25 minutes ago, 10X said:

There is plenty of jumping for joy going on in the "NJ Lawmakers Announce Plans to Destroy Right to Carry" thread.   Today was a big win!

Ok… I feel much better. I did not see that thread..  we can close this one.. I will party with the celebration over there!!!

1 hour ago, Jfoster99 said:

It would be great if the ANJRPC case being heard today can get the TRO expanded but this is certainly a good start. Of course I want the entire law declared unconstitutional but that will take time. 

Today's case moved to Thurs. Judge was unprepared, and thought the case was only for Sensitive places. Gave both sides until 8pm Wed.

1 hour ago, 10X said:

In the short-term, I'm now most bothered by the still-standing requirement that we have the carry insurance that we're not allowed to have in NJ.   

Pretty sure that isn't in effect until July, per the bill. 

3 hours ago, Jfoster99 said:

"Of course I want the entire law declared unconstitutional but that will take time."
Not everything in the law is bad. Taking the Superior Court out of the permitting is good. My PD had their part done in less than three weeks so that is a reasonable turnaround by NJ standards for a gun related permit.