Mike77

Abolish IRS & Federal Taxes???

5 hours ago, JackDaWack said:

They want a consumption tax aka sales tax.. but that means everyone has to pay some taxes and we can't have that!

I read up on that, and they propose a "prebate" or payment to everyone that would negate the tax for people under the poverty level. This would make it a "Fair Tax" as opposed to a straight sales tax

Giving the government the responsibility to give free money to millions of people is just asking for fraud of epic proportions.

On 1/11/2023 at 8:36 PM, Displaced Texan said:

Useless crap bills that have no chance whatsoever of becoming a law. 

Dog and pony show. 

12 hours ago, JackDaWack said:

They want a consumption tax aka sales tax.. but that means everyone has to pay some taxes and we can't have that!

Many countries do okay with no income taxes and just have a value added tax (VAT). You spend more money, you pay more taxes.  

Our current system, according to one statistic I saw some time ago, results in only about a half of Americans paying income taxes.  Most of those people are below poverty level.  A few are billionaires that take advantage of our complex tax laws.

In defense of the billionaires, I remember something I heard years ago.  Have you ever heard of a poor man creating jobs?

I've never created a job for anyone.  Billionaires have created 1000s.  That's Trump or Bill Gates.

OTOH, perhaps a VAT should be explored. I believe that the tax burden will still be carried by the middle class in any case.

55 minutes ago, GRIZ said:

Many countries do okay with no income taxes and just have a value added tax (VAT). You spend more money, you pay more taxes.  

Our current system, according to one statistic I saw some time ago, results in only about a half of Americans paying income taxes.  Most of those people are below poverty level.  A few are billionaires that take advantage of our complex tax laws.

In defense of the billionaires, I remember something I heard years ago.  Have you ever heard of a poor man creating jobs?

I've never created a job for anyone.  Billionaires have created 1000s.  That's Trump or Bill Gates.

OTOH, perhaps a VAT should be explored. I believe that the tax burden will still be carried by the middle class in any case.

In terms of perceived "pain" from taxes, the middle class is always the one with the higher perception.  We're generally *just* rich enough to be comfortable, but not so rich to have "fuck you" money lying around.  The poor always get assistance, and the rich don't really care.

• Agree 2

On 1/18/2023 at 6:19 AM, Old Glock guy said:

The way these things generally work, if they get around to adding a VAT or other consumption tax, they will still keep the income tax.

Exactly my concern.

Abolish the IRS  

LMAO at that.

Thieves are gonna thieve. The criminal government just voted 1.7 trillion in new spending while the treasury secretary says we're  at the debt limit. 

We are Rome before the fire with smoke showing on sides A B C + D

D+R SUCK.jpg

wash uk.jpeg

ukrain bribe 1.jpg

• Like 1
  • Agree 1