Cheflife15

Old bridge rifle pistol club competetions

1 hour ago, Cheflife15 said:

Anyone here go to old bridge for competitions? 

I'm going this Saturday for the steel knockdown match. First time doing it. Would love to meet some people.

I used to go at least once a month. Been thinking about getting back into it. I can’t this week, but maybe next month 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, High Exposure said:

I used to go at least once a month. Been thinking about getting back into it. I can’t this week, but maybe next month 

I'll reach out to you guys beforehand so we can all get in the same squad. I could always use some tips!

I'd go with 'Be Safe' as the only tip you really need.

Most ranges are quite accepting of a good degree of suckage with new shooters, as long as you are a safe shooter.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

On 6/13/2023 at 12:08 PM, DirtyDigz said:

It's back.  Been back for a while.

OBRAMS is what you seek:

https://www.obrpc.org/rimfire-action-obrams

While I was originally looking for the Rimfire Steel challenge, I checked out the OBRAMS match and am now a regular! Totally fun match and a great introduction to 2 gun action shooting. And I found they also do the Rimfire Outlaw Challenge match indoors, I'll be doing my first one this monday along with the bowling pin & Steel Challenge at CJRPC on saturday & sunday. Gonna be a fun weekend!

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

On 11/3/2023 at 10:08 PM, Cheflife15 said:

I love old bridge but it's so hard to get signed up now.  These events full up almost immediately. 

I wish they'd only let people run one gun for steel challenge. 

Same with CJRPC steel matches - you have to take note of when the registration goes live and sign up right then. Even if you get on the waitlist you'll probably be good as people drop off as the date get close.
The Steel Challenge scene is pretty strong in this area though - two clubs a little over a half hour apart, both having SC matches two times a month on the same days and both  regularly draw about 90+ shooters.

3 hours ago, Redipski said:

Same with CJRPC steel matches - you have to take note of when the registration goes live and sign up right then. Even if you get on the waitlist you'll probably be good as people drop off as the date get close.
The Steel Challenge scene is pretty strong in this area though - two clubs a little over a half hour apart, both having SC matches two times a month on the same days and both  regularly draw about 90+ shooters.

Yeah, regardless it's lame that 20 extra shooters can't shoot because people are shooting 2 guns. Not to mention, members of the club the events at should get some priority. 

I debate the benefit of even keeping the membership there at this point.

• Thanks 1