Lawnmower2021

ATF finalizes rules for Stabilizing Braces

48 minutes ago, leahcim said:

Yeah, I watched one of the videos about this as an ATF trap-something about your application not approved within 88 days, then it is automatically denied.  Then you become a felon, you've provided written and signed evidence, and they know where you live.

And OBTW, don't expect one ATF agent to show up with a friendly knock on your door, that door is coming down with a battering ram and a team of agents surrounding your home.

and they'll do it after they have the local pd pull ya over for something or other. then while you're detained with that traffic stop, that's when they'll make entry into your home.

• Agree 1

Assault Rifles, Assault pistols. The only Assault is the one on my 2A rights. Cities and states with the "Strictest" gun laws always seem to be the ones with the most gun related crimes. What's wrong with this picture?

• Agree 2

28 minutes ago, FDHog said:

Assault Rifles, Assault pistols. The only Assault is the one on my 2A rights. Cities and states with the "Strictest" gun laws always seem to be the ones with the most gun related crimes. What's wrong with this picture?

DemocRATS!

• Agree 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, FDHog said:

Trump's fault.  Russia.  Orange man bad!!!

4 hours ago, leahcim said:

Yeah, I watched one of the videos about this as an ATF trap-something about your application not approved within 88 days, then it is automatically denied.  Then you become a felon, you've provided written and signed evidence, and they know where you live.

And OBTW, don't expect one ATF agent to show up with a friendly knock on your door, that door is coming down with a battering ram and a team of agents surrounding your home.

The only problem with this theory is that there are 10's of millions of brace owners (est 40M braces sold).  If they did this whole sale, they are going to get a lot of resistance and lots of people are going to get hurt.  It would make it damn near impossible for them to pass another gun law where they promise a grace period or grandfathering. Simply put, its not a trap to make 10's of millions of citizens felons after the 88 days.  

Honestly, I see them rubber stamping the applications in order to just get a huge registry of gun owners.  That's the goal.  They will then find a way to come after you later. 

Post something they don't like?  Automatic Red Flag law.  Or they charge you for some BS and tell you to plead guilty to it or they charge you for possession of an un-registered SBR from before you registered it.   They only need to do this a few times and those who registered will be scared into compliance for other things.  They now have something to hold over your head.  

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, FDHog said:

Unicorns are real!

Seriously! When was the last time the Fed ever did anything to make gun ownership easier.

didn't ya know? they made it safer for all of us with the national firearms act of 1934? then because it was still toooooo dangerous for us, they did more to keep us safe with the gun control act of 1968. even then things were waaaaaayyyyyy toooooooooo dangerous for us, so they did the firearms owners protection act of 1986. they even thought so much of us that they added the hughes amendment. i mean.......those were soooo dogone good that even the NRA backed them. for our safety of course.

aren't they wwwwoooooonnnnderful?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, leahcim said:

So it looks like Dark Storm just removed the brace and now it is back on their web page as non-NFA firearm:

https://www.dark-storm.com/dsi/ds-15/ds-15-typhoon-rifles/dark-storm-ds-15-non-nfa-firearm-typhoon-5.56-black/

Just remove the brace and you're good

how long till the aft modifies their rule?

• Agree 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, leahcim said:

So it looks like Dark Storm just removed the brace and now it is back on their web page as non-NFA firearm:

https://www.dark-storm.com/dsi/ds-15/ds-15-typhoon-rifles/dark-storm-ds-15-non-nfa-firearm-typhoon-5.56-black/

Just remove the brace and you're good

So for something like this you'd get a cheek weld as if it were a stock. I'd probably want a sling to be able to counter the recoil.

Personally, I don't want something that will tear my face if I use it wrong. But yes, this is the lowest-cost stay-out-of-jail card.

3 hours ago, Lawnmower2021 said:

So for something like this you'd get a cheek weld as if it were a stock. I'd probably want a sling to be able to counter the recoil.

Personally, I don't want something that will tear my face if I use it wrong. But yes, this is the lowest-cost stay-out-of-jail card.

By removing the brace.....aren't you making the rifle shorter in the process? They might outlaw the sling next!

17 minutes ago, CMJeepster said:

I’m skeptical about ANYTHING Crenshaw does, but even if those does pass house and senate, Biden will veto it. 

All these anti 2A assholes don't have a clue what they're doing. There's no rhyme or reason to the rules they make. Is an SBR more dangerous than a 16" barrel? Is an adjustable stock or a brace more dangerous than a pinned one. All this shit makes my head spin.

NJ CCW is another joke. Can't carry here, can't carry there. Need insurance. Meanwhile 99.9% of shootings are with illegal guns.

I attached a legal upper to my Non-NFA and put the brace and short barrel away until we get someone with some brains in charge.

• Agree 2

For those of you with Troy A4 Other firearms:  recommend you follow the Facebook page of Techops International, the distributor of the Troy A4 Other here in NJ.  A link to their Facebook page is below.  I spoke with one of their representatives this afternoon regarding the implications of the ATF Brace rule.  I don't think the ATF Rule has been posted into the Federal Register yet.  So things are still subject to change and are in a state of flux.   

However, with that said, Techops and Troy themselves are in close collaboration concerning the brace rule and its various potential impacts.   I came away feeling quite reassured that they will be offering us various modification options/kits that will enable us to retain our Others and remain legal.   I don't want to elaborate and speak for them.  Let's see what they officially communicate over the coming  days and weeks. 

https://www.facebook.com/techopsintl

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, FDHog said:

All these anti 2A assholes don't have a clue what they're doing. There's no rhyme or reason to the rules they make. Is an SBR more dangerous than a 16" barrel? Is an adjustable stock or a brace more dangerous than a pinned one. All this shit makes my head spin.

NJ CCW is another joke. Can't carry here, can't carry there. Need insurance. Meanwhile 99.9% of shootings are with illegal guns.

I attached a legal upper to my Non-NFA and put the brace and short barrel away until we get someone with some brains in charge.

Keep in mind, NJ still has a constructive intent provision. 

22 hours ago, FDHog said:

All these anti 2A assholes don't have a clue what they're doing.

I think they know exactly what they're doing.

22 hours ago, FDHog said:

All this shit makes my head spin.

Maybe that's the point ...

On 1/26/2023 at 1:38 PM, FDHog said:

What? NJ CCW is with minimal difference to any other state, I am comparing with my friends in FL and GA and SC etc. There is federally prohibited places in each state like post office or court no difference to NJ. What they did for us to get this permit to carry is a joke but not actually carry.

BTW federal judge cancel pretty much any other NJ/governour made restrictions about two weeks ago. Insurance for now is Lawshield which I am suggesting anyway.

7 hours ago, leo-польд said:

What? NJ CCW is with minimal difference to any other state, I am comparing with my friends in FL and GA and SC etc. There is federally prohibited places in each state like post office or court no difference to NJ. What they did for us to get this permit to carry is a joke but not actually carry.

BTW federal judge cancel pretty much any other NJ/governour made restrictions about two weeks ago. Insurance for now is Lawshield which I am suggesting anyway.

Read the legislation.

It's VERY restrictive.

Yes, there is a TRO in place, but that's temporary.  The challenge is now with the court and it looks promising, but regardless of the initial decision, it will be challenged for a while.  There's no guarantee that the TRO will stay in place, so the restrictions (including NOT being able to carry IN YOUR VEHICLE) could remain in place.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, 124gr9mm said:

Read the legislation.

It's VERY restrictive.

Yes, there is a TRO in place, but that's temporary.  The challenge is now with the court and it looks promising, but regardless of the initial decision, it will be challenged for a while.  There's no guarantee that the TRO will stay in place, so the restrictions (including NOT being able to carry IN YOUR VEHICLE) could remain in place.

Anything could be, Biden could cancel semi-auto, putin could launch nukes, meteorite could fall from the sky, life could end in one day or less. But I am carry since November and that is happening now and I could feel my pistol every day and anytime I am outside of my house. You think it is a joke, move to the free state where it is pretty much same as restrictive considering places you could go with it. 

3 hours ago, leo-польд said:

Anything could be, Biden could cancel semi-auto, putin could launch nukes, meteorite could fall from the sky, life could end in one day or less. But I am carry since November and that is happening now and I could feel my pistol every day and anytime I am outside of my house. You think it is a joke, move to the free state where it is pretty much same as restrictive considering places you could go with it. 

Again, the LAW as signed by Murphy is far more restrictive than what's in place in most states.  Read it and you'll be shocked at how much it oversteps Bruen.

There is currently a Temporary Restraining Order (TRO) in place preventing any of the limitations from being effective, but litigation is ongoing, so there are no guarantees that they will be permanently eliminated (in my opinion the legislation is unconstitutional and will be scrapped, but that's another discussion).

I agree that RIGHT NOW (thanks to the efforts of the 2A lawyers, Anthony Calandro, etc) we can carry similarly to other states, but the fighting has just started.

5 hours ago, 124gr9mm said:

Again, the LAW as signed by Murphy is far more restrictive than what's in place in most states.  Read it and you'll be shocked at how much it oversteps Bruen.

There is currently a Temporary Restraining Order (TRO) in place preventing any of the limitations from being effective, but litigation is ongoing, so there are no guarantees that they will be permanently eliminated (in my opinion the legislation is unconstitutional and will be scrapped, but that's another discussion).

I agree that RIGHT NOW (thanks to the efforts of the 2A lawyers, Anthony Calandro, etc) we can carry similarly to other states, but the fighting has just started.

Again - we all know who is our governor and what is he trying to do. No surprise is here to me, I am glad it is stopped also surprised some clowns are still not happy about. We don't need any law besides 2nd amendment, read it again.

• Like 1