Lawnmower2021

ATF finalizes rules for Stabilizing Braces

here is the updated webpage from ATF. 

so it looks like you can still just remove it; but it has to be altered like we did to our magazines?  

my head still hurts....  

i am hoping for a hail mary, but i guess i am going to destory the brace. 

What are the compliance options for an individual (non-licensee) in possession of a firearm equipped with a “stabilizing brace,” which is a short-barreled rifle (SBR), after the effective date of the final rule?

• Submit through the eForms system an Application to Make and Register a Firearm, ATF Form 1 (e-Form 1) before May 31, 2023.
  • Remove the short barrel and attach a 16-inch or longer rifled barrel to the firearm thus removing it from the provisions of the NFA.­
Last Reviewed March 23, 2023

https://www.atf.gov/firearms/qa/what-are-compliance-options-individual-non-licensee-possession-firearm-equipped-

soo....attaching(permenantly) a brake to bring the length to/above 16" is no longer an option?

i'm kinda sad to say this....but our president trump encouraging them, then letting them ban bumpstocks was the precedent for this. or at least one of the precedents.

10 minutes ago, 1LtCAP said:

soo....attaching(permenantly) a brake to bring the length to/above 16" is no longer an option?

i'm kinda sad to say this....but our president trump encouraging them, then letting them ban bumpstocks was the precedent for this. or at least one of the precedents.

It's says to make the barrel 16" or longer, the FATF has always recognized a pinned and welded brake as part of the barrel. 

https://www.firearmspolicy.org/fpc-statement-regarding-membership

(The FPC) Board granted an Individual Membership to all individual monetary donors of FPC who have supported FPC’s activities through financial contribution(s) of twenty U.S. Dollars ($20) or more from June 1, 2022, through May 31, 2023, inclusive. Those memberships will have an effective date of June 1, 2022, and an expiration date of December 31, 2023

https://www.firearmspolicy.org/join

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative 1

20 hours ago, Krdshrk said:

2 hours ago, leo-польд said:

Don't forget that for others you also need printout of nj police 

joined and donated. got that email pictured. not email....screen captured it. but......these guys seem to think this is only members in the 5th circuit?

1 hour ago, 1LtCAP said:

joined and donated. got that email pictured. not email....screen captured it. but......these guys seem to think this is only members in the 5th circuit?

The judge said it encompassed the FPC and ALL of it's Members and their Relatives... 

https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/fifth-circuit-clarifies-that-pistol-brace-injunction-covers-named-plaintiffs-and-all-fpc-members/

For instance, if you’re in Idaho, any test case would have to go thru the Ninth Circuit. Let’s assume the Ninth Circuit disagrees with what we expect Fifth Circuit to do, and upholds the ATF rule. But if you’re an FPC member, and the Fifth Circuit ultimately rules that an injunction issued covers FPC members, no problem: because the Fifth Circuit injunction covers you. The feds are enjoined from prosecuting you.

Speaking as someone who counts to three at every stop sign... :) .... I'm just going to take off my brace and enjoy other guns until this either gets resolved or I get bored enough to get a new upper.

That said, I joined FPC and donated. It can't do harm.

In case you thought Republican House leadership supports us:

EXCLUSIVE: Rep. Clyde Slams House Leadership For Threatening To Pull His Second Amendment Bill Over Debt Ceiling Vote | The Daily Caller

BTW, I received an email this morning confirming my membership in the FPC.

18 hours ago, Krdshrk said:

There really isn't.  

7YLQyVB.jpg

If that extends past the buffer tube, you're probably going to have to argue that in front of a judge if you get caught.  

I'd like to see an UPDATED letter from the ATF from this year saying that the Thordsen Customs Buffer Tube Cover + Cheek pad is still legal and would not be considered a shoulderable stock.  The letter they are still going by is several years old IIRC.  

37 minutes ago, 1LtCAP said:

what do we think the chances of this getting tossed are? seems to be a lot of injunction action going on

I'd bet money it will get tossed if it gets that high.  Just a matter of if and when.  

• Agree 1

On 6/5/2023 at 5:48 PM, 1LtCAP said:

what do we think the chances of this getting tossed are? seems to be a lot of injunction action going on

It's getting tossed, how soon no one knows. With a preliminary injunction out of Texas, it's now going to ping-pong through the court system. 

SCOTUS would ultimately rule the same way they did against the EPA last session, even if most arguments thus far are on other constitutional issues. Seems like the rule has a number of pitfals from regulatory issues, vagueness, and the obvious 2a issues. 

• Agree 2